You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2013-2014 University of Texas - San Antonio Application Thread
Started by sector9
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Just received an II via email! OOS, normal MD
Congrats! Which day did you select? I chose the 12.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
II here too!! OOS!!
No ties to Texas so I am very very surprised. applied to 4 schools on TMDSAS, and I am 2 for 2 so far! can't ask for more
No ties to Texas so I am very very surprised. applied to 4 schools on TMDSAS, and I am 2 for 2 so far! can't ask for more
strange, looks like SA sent out invites to the OOS applicants first....(or you guys are just way more qualified than us Texas rednecks
)
Congrats fellas
) Congrats fellas
WOOHOO! II here! In-state, 35, 3.5c.
I am beyond excited. I'm going 8/12 as well. Congrats everyone!! 😀
I am beyond excited. I'm going 8/12 as well. Congrats everyone!! 😀
(For the record, got it at the same time as OOS, just freaked out by myself and danced around for a while... 😀 )
II in state!! Congrats everyone
Congrats! Which day did you select? I chose the 12.
leaning towards the 12th, but havent decided just yet. checking on flights and such. anyone know if its possible to reschedule interviews after selecting a date? just concerned about conflicting interviews.
I got an interview invite too!
3.4/35 IS
I live 10-15 minutes from the school lol.
3.4/35 IS
I live 10-15 minutes from the school lol.
I got an interview invite too!
3.4/35 IS
I live 10-15 minutes from the school lol.
yay gandalf so happy for you. hopefully I hear something from them 🙁
leaning towards the 12th, but havent decided just yet. checking on flights and such. anyone know if its possible to reschedule interviews after selecting a date? just concerned about conflicting interviews.
It says on the interview selection site that once you choose, you cannot reschedule. I'm assuming that this is since they give you a choice of dates in the first place.
Last edited:
yay gandalf so happy for you. hopefully I hear something from them 🙁
😀
Thanks bud.
Im sure you will be getting yours soon. I submitted mine very early so it might be the case.
What dates are you guys picking to interview?
im on 8/12
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You don't know me and I don't' know you, but, having a general idea about your story, I'm very happy for you! 🙂I got an interview invite too!
3.4/35 IS
I live 10-15 minutes from the school lol.
You don't know me and I don't' know you, but, having a general idea about your story, I'm very happy for you! 🙂
Me too man.
You don't know me and I don't' know you, but, having a general idea about your story, I'm very happy for you! 🙂
Me too man.
thank you both!
I hope you will also have success during this season.
thank you both!
I hope you will also have success during this season.
Finally the man who deserves an interview got one. Congrats man! 👍
you don't know me and i don't' know you, but, having a general idea about your story, i'm very happy for you! 🙂
+3 🙂
Finally the man who deserves an interview got one. Congrats man! 👍
👍
Thanks man. I am just happy to know that med schools DO give you a second chance.
Always appreciate the love from my SDN friends though 😀
It looks like Gandalf has an SDN fanbase lol![]()
You guys are going to make me blush... metaphorically of course.
Real men dont blush. 😎😎
You guys are going to make me blush... metaphorically of course.
Real men dont blush. 😎😎
I'm going to join the Gandalf bandwagon.
Happy for you bro. You deserve it!
Anyone with a MCAT of less than 35 get an II?
Looks like this first batch went out to people with a 3.9 GPA/30+ MCAT combo or 34+ MCAT/mediocre GPA combo.
Looks like this first batch went out to people with a 3.9 GPA/30+ MCAT combo or 34+ MCAT/mediocre GPA combo.
I'm among those in the former group and haven't noticed anyone with "average" MCATs (31-34) who received an II. I'm disappointed but there's always a chance next round.
anyone know if their new curriculum grading system is P/F or letter grades??
I'm among those in the former group and haven't noticed anyone with "average" MCATs (31-34) who received an II. I'm disappointed but there's always a chance next round.
A 34 is top 6-8% of people who take the test. Hardly average
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
anyone know if their new curriculum grading system is P/F or letter grades??
The new curriculum is letter grades
The new curriculum is letter grades
Damn. Which schools don't do letter grades? From Foster, A&M, Baylor, southwestern, and SA, it looks like only Foster and Baylor do P/F (automatically making them my top choices). not sure about the other 3 MD schools. Anyone know?
Damn. Which schools don't do letter grades? From Foster, A&M, Baylor, southwestern, and SA, it looks like only Foster and Baylor do P/F (automatically making them my top choices). not sure about the other 3 MD schools. Anyone know?
I wouldn't rank my schools only by their grading system. Yeah it can mean a lot to you, but pre clinical grades rarely matter for residencies, pass fail or not.
Damn. Which schools don't do letter grades? From Foster, A&M, Baylor, southwestern, and SA, it looks like only Foster and Baylor do P/F (automatically making them my top choices). not sure about the other 3 MD schools. Anyone know?
I think that UTSW has a P/F the first semester or year ( probably semester).
I wouldn't rank my schools only by their grading system. Yeah it can mean a lot to you, but pre clinical grades rarely matter for residencies, pass fail or not.
Im sure some people prefer not being ranked against others, even if it is a minor thing as pre-clinical grades. Im sure med students want every leg up they can get.
Finally the man who deserves an interview got one. Congrats man! 👍
Loving the love for Gandalf 😀
Congratulations to everyone getting interviews, this is so exciting!
OOS here and just got an interview invite! Woohoo! I'm surprised that OOS students received invites so early on in the cycle.
I received my interview invite on August 1 at 11pm CST (?)! In-stater here. 😀 My TMDSAS was transmitted on June 21.
My interview will be on September 23. Other dates offered were Mondays on September 16, September 30, and October 7 for anyone interested.
Hang in there, everyone!
My interview will be on September 23. Other dates offered were Mondays on September 16, September 30, and October 7 for anyone interested.
Hang in there, everyone!
I received my interview invite on August 1 at 11pm CST (?)! In-stater here. 😀 My TMDSAS was transmitted on June 21.
My interview will be on September 23. Other dates offered were Mondays on September 16, September 30, and October 7 for anyone interested.
Hang in there, everyone!
wow, they are inviting for October already? I hope to get some love from them soon..
got an interview! set up for 9/9. OOS
when i applied on tmdsas, there was a UTSA-SA campus and UTSA-ST campus. what's the difference between the two?
when i applied on tmdsas, there was a UTSA-SA campus and UTSA-ST campus. what's the difference between the two?
got an interview! set up for 9/9. OOS
when i applied on tmdsas, there was a UTSA-SA campus and UTSA-ST campus. what's the difference between the two?
One is in Harlingen and focuses on rural health care near the border.
Last edited:
One is in El Paso and focuses on rural health care near the border.
It's actually Harlingen, not El Paso. (Those are 11 hours apart) From the site:
The University of Texas School of Medicine at San Antonio (UTSOMSA) offers clinical education in the third and fourth year of medical school at two sites: the main campus in San Antonio, TX, and; the South Texas Regional Academic Health Center (RAHC) in Harlingen, TX.
It's actually Harlingen, not El Paso. (Those are 11 hours apart) From the site:
The University of Texas School of Medicine at San Antonio (UTSOMSA) offers clinical education in the third and fourth year of medical school at two sites: the main campus in San Antonio, TX, and; the South Texas Regional Academic Health Center (RAHC) in Harlingen, TX.
Yes you are right I don't know why I wrote El Paso, my bad and thanks for the correction.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
One is in Harlingen and focuses on rural health care near the border.
Are there two separate interviews for the two campuses? Or do they select which campus for you?
wow, they are inviting for October already? I hope to get some love from them soon..
A pre-interview LOI might help.
Send it directly to Dr. Jones. I really like that he responds to you quickly and is very nice.
A pre-interview LOI might help.
Send it directly to Dr. Jones. I really like that he responds to you quickly and is very nice.
This probably wouldn't be useful if my TMDSAS wasn't submitted yet would it? Another week and and half I'm guessing based on what date they are processing today compared to when I submitted but I'm interested in San Antonio since I'm from south Texas. My low MCAT (29) puts me at a slight disadvantage but maybe a LOI would be helpful after TMDSAS is submitted.
Any timetable for between when they receive apps to when they either send an II or reject?
This probably wouldn't be useful if my TMDSAS wasn't submitted yet would it? Another week and and half I'm guessing based on what date they are processing today compared to when I submitted but I'm interested in San Antonio since I'm from south Texas. My low MCAT (29) puts me at a slight disadvantage but maybe a LOI would be helpful after TMDSAS is submitted.
Any timetable for between when they receive apps to when they either send an II or reject?
that is why I recommended it to PescadoAmor. His LizzyM score is in the same ballpark as mine (68-72).
Sending an LOI before your primary is even submitted sounds a bit foolish IMO. They might offer you an II without even needing to send one. I would wait till september if I was you. That way you dont come off as desperate.
that is why I recommended it to PescadoAmor. His LizzyM score is in the same ballpark as mine (68-72).
Sending an LOI before your primary is even submitted sounds a bit foolish IMO. They might offer you an II without even needing to send one. I would wait till september if I was you. That way you dont come off as desperate.
Figured the same. Maybe end of September if I haven't heard anything. Anyway good luck to everyone
Similar threads
- Replies
- 234
- Views
- 77K
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K