2013-2014 Wake Forest Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Since previously it was mentioned that Wake Forest loves letters of interest post-interview, is it a good idea to send one before any interview invites? I know this has been asked a lot and I wouldn't do it as a general rule, but maybe WF is specifically receptive to them. I've only been complete since 10/10 but I'm getting anxious because I've only had one II so far this cycle....
I sent wake a continued interest/what i'm up to now e-mail less than a month after being marked as complete and received an invite a few days later. Idk if it was a coincidence or not, but I don't think you have anything to lose! I say go for it :). Good luck!

Members don't see this ad.

II today!

Submitted 10/14, Complete 10/23.

Reactions: 1 user
I sent wake a continued interest/what i'm up to now e-mail less than a month after being marked as complete and received an invite a few days later. Idk if it was a coincidence or not, but I don't think you have anything to lose! I say go for it :). Good luck!
Okay, will do! Thanks a bunch for the encouragement.

And congratulations again Ambionista! I've seen you in a lot of threads so your cycle looks to be really successful so far! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I called the admissioin office this morning about the pre-secondary screen. They still screen out the applicants for the secondary applications, but so far no one have came forward that they didn't receive the secondary just wondering how many applicants have received the secondary . I submitted my seconday the beginning of September, no II yet, cross my fingers.

It could just be that the thread is shy this year about revealing rejections.

However, it could also b e that they're just saying that. Did they actually say they've done rejections? Becuase personally I got my secondary the day after I got the received from amcas email

And congratulations again Ambionista! I've seen you in a lot of threads so your cycle looks to be really successful so far! :)

Thanks! I really appreciate it and feel incredibly blessed :)

Can anyone send me the link for status check?

I just received a generic email from Wake Forest that stated they processed my secondary application and my file is now complete. The message goes on to say that they will send out interview invites between now and April of next year.

Is this a generic message received by anyone who completes a secondary, or did I get passed over on an interview invite?

I just received a generic email from Wake Forest that stated they processed my secondary application and my file is now complete. The message goes on to say that they will send out interview invites between now and April of next year.

Is this a generic message received by anyone who completes a secondary, or did I get passed over on an interview invite?

It's a generic email that only indicates your secondary is now complete. I got an II via email and oddly enough my status is still the same.

I just re-read the forum and realized that question had already been answered, so my apologies. The consensus is that it does seem to be generic and many people who received that message received an interview invite soon afterward (as indicated by the forums from previous years).

I just re-read the forum and realized that question had already been answered, so my apologies. The consensus is that it does seem to be generic and many people who received that message received an interview invite soon afterward (as indicated by the forums from previous years).
Erm. Everyone gets the completion email. Don't read into it. Yes, many people receive II's and then others don't. Since...everyone gets a completion email...

It could just be that the thread is shy this year about revealing rejections.

However, it could also b e that they're just saying that. Did they actually say they've done rejections? Becuase personally I got my secondary the day after I got the received from amcas email

"Upon receipt of the AMCAS application, the Committee on Admissions evaluates each applicant. Those who cannot be interviewed are notified. Other applicants receive a Secondary Application before Dec. 15."

If the above statement is true, they are still doing the secondary screening. I guess "Those who cannot be interviewed are notifed" means not getting the secondary, but it is not necessary mean whoever received secondary will be invited to II. just wondering how many applicants have received secondary?

Members don't see this ad :)
Well, that's what I'm saying. I don't think they're doing that anymore since no one has said they didn't receive the secondary on the thread

Well, that's what I'm saying. I don't think they're doing that anymore since no one has said they didn't receive the secondary on the thread

Wake Forest has received 7000+ applicationa this year but only sent out around 4000+ for secondary!!

Admission Office.

I think you're misunderstanding me.

I'm saying, yes in the past WF did screen for secondaries. In the past threads people say they were rejected prior to.

I'm saying in 2013-2014 cycle, they may have STOPPED doing such a thorough secondary screen. I say this because NO ONE has reported being rejected/not receiving a secondary.

Therefore, it makes sense that they MAY have stopped doing so this year

I mean, did they tell you that they had rejected people before secondary this year? If you look at MDApps even this year, there isn't any word of people NOT getting a secondary or being rejected

Last edited:

I'm saying, yes in the past WF did screen for secondaries. In the past threads people say they were rejected prior to.

I'm saying in 2013-2014 cycle, they may have STOPPED doing such a thorough secondary screen. I say this because NO ONE has reported being rejected/not receiving a secondary.

Not all applicants receive secondaries; they screen your initial AMCAS application before deciding if they will request a secondary from you; from their current website:

"Upon receipt of the AMCAS application, the Committee on Admissions evaluates each applicant. Those who cannot be interviewed are notified. Other applicants receive a Secondary Application before Dec. 15. Completion of the secondary application requires a $100 nonrefundable processing fee, along with a premed committee evaluation or a minimum of two letters of recommendation."

Scheduled my interview earlier today! Openings available throughout January.

I mean, did they tell you that they had rejected people before secondary this year? If you look at MDApps even this year, there isn't any word of people NOT getting a secondary or being rejected

Going to put your mind at ease since nobody has stepped forward and I am sure I am not the only one. YES they are pre-screening for secondaries. I was complete a month ago. Never received a secondary and was rejected 2 days ago. So, yes. People are getting rejected before receiving secondaries. It's all a part of the growing process and I'm not ashamed. Disappointed, but not ashamed. Hope that helped! :)

Reactions: 3 users
Lol thanks for clearing that up for us, buddy. Good luck with the rest of your cycle- you definitely have the right attitude!

I have a very low GPA and a low MCAT and I still received a secondary....

Some high scorers have been screened out for the secondary . Just wondering what are they looking for?

I called the office yesterday and they said my application has been reviewed and they will periodically continue to review it throughout the interview cycle.....FML does this pretty much mean silent rejection?

I called the office yesterday and they said my application has been reviewed and they will periodically continue to review it throughout the interview cycle.....FML does this pretty much mean silent rejection?

Not necessarily, no. I believe they send invites to people they have re-reviewed. Don't give up hope! GL

Considering allprayers23's testimony, maybe they're just doing pre-secondary rejections later than usual this cycle.

Mind sharing when you were complete?

Do you mind sharing your stats? I also have a lower GPA and MCAT. I attended Wake Forest for undergrad- hoping that'll at least help me get a secondary

Do you mind sharing your stats? I also have a lower GPA and MCAT. I attended Wake Forest for undergrad- hoping that'll at least help me get a secondary
Also, low gpa, okay mcat, high post bacc, not URM and sitting on a secondary within a day and an interview invite within a few weeks.

I am utterly confused about Wake Forest. Don't know what they saw in me, but I'll take it

Also, low gpa, okay mcat, high post bacc, not URM and sitting on a secondary within a day and an interview invite within a few weeks.

I am utterly confused about Wake Forest. Don't know what they saw in me, but I'll take it

Just received my secondary today! Submitting it later today and hopefully i'll get an ii soon. I would love to be a double deacon

Just got an II for next Wednesday after a cancellation. Been waiting a long time, excited about Wake!

Congratulations on the acceptances! All your hard work has paid off! You must be so happy!

I love WFSM! I have not received an II but I am keeping my fingers crossed. Does anyone know how receptive they are to updates?

Congratulations on the acceptances! All your hard work has paid off! You must be so happy!

I love WFSM! I have not received an II but I am keeping my fingers crossed. Does anyone know how receptive they are to updates?

I sent a pre-interview update in early October, then received this message the same day:

Dear talinnlove,
We have received your application update and made note to your application file.
Best,
[Admissions person]

Since then I haven't heard anything, good or bad. So they do take updates, but it might not result in any news! Might as well send it over though, just in case.

+1 Complete since 9/6 and no word since. Congratulations to everyone accepted!

+1...been complete since Oct 1 and sent an update via email on Oct 9 and still haven't heard a peep. I applied to 25 schools, have interviewed at 1, rejected from 2, and literally havent heard jack from any of the others....I knew I would have to be patient but this is borderline mental.

+1...been complete since Oct 1 and sent an update via email on Oct 9 and still haven't heard a peep. I applied to 25 schools, have interviewed at 1, rejected from 2, and literally havent heard jack from any of the others....I knew I would have to be patient but this is borderline mental.

Yeah I'm in a similar situation. It really sucks and the thought of talking about it with family and friends over the holidays makes it even worse hahaha. Starting from the delayed amcas this cycle is just going super slow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I'm in a similar situation. It really sucks and the thought of talking about it with family and friends over the holidays makes it even worse hahaha. Starting from the delayed amcas this cycle is just going super slow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hahahaha I'm right there with you.

Family: "So what are you doing next year?"
Me: "I STILL HAVE NO IDEA"

Reactions: 3 users
For those of us interviewing late November/early December, what you think the chances of finding out post-interview decisions prior to the new year will be? Wake Forest is my top choice, but I have a deposit due at another school before then.

Wake forest LOVE ME ALREADY! Gosh.

I think they release their next batch of acceptances 12/11

Do you think that would include those who just interviewed 2 weeks before?

They told us the group who interviewed today would be reviewed December 18 and would receive decisions after the holidays.