2013-2014 Wake Forest Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do you think that would include those who just interviewed 2 weeks before?
Maybe.. I interviewed early November and they said they'll release our decision 12/11

Members don't see this ad.

URMs and IS applicants.

Wrong.

2017 is 45% instate.

Wake Forest prides itself on how the students mingle with each other, while still getting stuff done.

A few years ago, we accepted a class that overall had higher MCATs and GPAs than what WF normally admits. They crushed step 1, but evidentially they were very hyper-competitive and clicky.

I would say that is one of the reasons why someone with stellar scores could get rejected--especially if that's all they have in their application.

Facebook group is up for accepted students. Just do a search for it

"Wake Forest School of Medicine Class of 2018"

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I was complete July 26th. Four months and still no word. Keeping my hopes up.

Reactions: 1 user
Wrong.

2017 is 45% instate.

Wake Forest prides itself on how the students mingle with each other, while still getting stuff done.

A few years ago, we accepted a class that overall had higher MCATs and GPAs than what WF normally admits. They crushed step 1, but evidentially they were very hyper-competitive and clicky.

I would say that is one of the reasons why someone with stellar scores could get rejected--especially if that's all they have in their application.
I think what Maxx is trying to say is that Wake Forest puts a significant emphasis on the 'fit' of the applicant with the school. I'm not sure that any class Wake has had in the past had poor chemistry due to having lots of gunners, but I do think Wake tries to ensure that it's students fit well with the school's mission and are the type of people you'd want to have as your physician. I also know that Wake values applicants that display a strong interest in the school, and I would definitely believe that someone with strong stats could be rejected early in the cycle if Wake read their application and didn't believe they had a genuine interest in the school.

any ii's lately?

and/or can those who received november invites let those of us who are still waiting where they are in booking dates for future invites currently? i think january.

any current students have friends/know of/were those with later invite dates?

love love love LOVE wake forest, so super sorry for the neurotic stat/date checking of this post haha

I got one one the 23rd and it looks like that's about the last time they were sent out.

When were you complete? Its kind of weird because when I talked to admissions they said it takes about 2 weeks for review and decisions to be made but then I noticed a lot of people have been getting them much later than that after they were complete.

Also, I think they send out post-secondary rejections so you should be okay if you haven't heard yet- you might still get an II

Has anyone been rejected post-secondary?

No one on SDN has yet to post a rejection.

at least a post-secondary one. but no one was posting pre-secondary rejections either until someone finally did to settle all of the questions.

at least a post-secondary one. but no one was posting pre-secondary rejections either until someone finally did to settle all of the questions.
Good point. What is going on with SDN this year? People are so shy about posting rejections/any info really

Members don't see this ad :)
I've been complete here since beginning of August, and I have yet to hear a peep.

Good point. What is going on with SDN this year? People are so shy about posting rejections/any info really

I think after someone had their acceptance rescinded for some comments they made online last year, everyone is more aware that adcoms are watching, lol.

I think after someone had their acceptance rescinded for some comments they made online last year, everyone is more aware that adcoms are watching, lol.

What's the story with this?

II this morning. 2.68 uGPA/4.0 gGPA/39/OOS. Complete mid-July, update letter sent on Monday.

Reactions: 1 users
For those who have interviewed or know: do you get another confirmation email or anything after you confirm your interview date? Just worried because I sent an email to confirm my date and never heard back...don't want my interview to be cancelled for some reason! :eek:

For those who have interviewed, did you get to ask questions at the end? It seems like you wouldn't have much time since the interviews are so brief.

For those who have interviewed or know: do you get another confirmation email or anything after you confirm your interview date? Just worried because I sent an email to confirm my date and never heard back...don't want my interview to be cancelled for some reason! :eek:

+1

I called and scheduled my interview but never received anything...

Same thing happened to me and I just had my interview the other day! They won't cancel it, don't worry :) GL!

Same thing happened to me and I just had my interview the other day! They won't cancel it, don't worry :) GL!

Ahh okay thanks! :thumbup:

+1

I called and scheduled my interview but never received anything...

Yeah, it took them a couple days after I scheduled to send me a confirmation email. It just had some info on where to go in the morning & such. They also told me to send an email to them to confirm my interview date again, which was what I was talking about. It said that if I didn't confirm by the day before my interview, they'd give my interview slot away! That's why I was worried haha. You'll probably be getting that email soon :)

Rejected for MD/PhD on 12/2/2013 by email. Best of luck to fellow MD/PhDers still in the hunt.

For the record, it's a little ambiguous whether I'm still a candidate for MD only. The status page says that I have not been admitted to WFU, but does not state that this reject is specific for MD/PhD or entails both sides of the coin. I think I remember reading that rejected MD/PhD applicants are still candidates for MD only, but I cannot find this on the website. (Could have been at another school -- they all seem to blend together...)

Any insight from current students at Wake?

Anyone who was put on the alternate list hear anything new?

Rejected for MD/PhD on 12/2/2013 by email. Best of luck to fellow MD/PhDers still in the hunt.

For the record, it's a little ambiguous whether I'm still a candidate for MD only. The status page says that I have not been admitted to WFU, but does not state that this reject is specific for MD/PhD or entails both sides of the coin. I think I remember reading that rejected MD/PhD applicants are still candidates for MD only, but I cannot find this on the website. (Could have been at another school -- they all seem to blend together...)

Any insight from current students at Wake?

I think the standard protocol if rejected from MD/PhD is to call them and inform them that you still want to be considered for the MD program.

anyone know when's the next date the admissions committee is meeting and potentially sending out acceptances?

I sent wake a continued interest/what i'm up to now e-mail less than a month after being marked as complete and received an invite a few days later. Idk if it was a coincidence or not, but I don't think you have anything to lose! I say go for it :). Good luck!

After you sent your continued interest email, did you receive a confirmation that they received your email prior to getting an interview invite?

anyone know when's the next date the admissions committee is meeting and potentially sending out acceptances?
At my interview they said they were meeting today (December 4th). I interviewed November 18

I sent wake a continued interest/what i'm up to now e-mail less than a month after being marked as complete and received an invite a few days later. Idk if it was a coincidence or not, but I don't think you have anything to lose! I say go for it :). Good luck!
To whom did you send the continued interest email? :)

alternate list... mid nov. interview. Anyone know what all to include in an interest letter - updates? begging ha?

alternate list... mid nov. interview. Anyone know what all to include in an interest letter - updates? begging ha?

Did you find out through email, snail mail, or status change? I interviewed mid-November as well.

I would do both--definitely show your continued interest in their program, and tell them about what you've been doing since (this is what I plan to do if and when I am alternate-listed). Apparently Wake takes a lot of people off of the list, too, so that's good news. Best of luck to you!!

Complete 11/15, received the II email on 12/12 for 01/22 - just bought the plane tickets! :D

Has anyone had any luck sending LOIs after being placed on the wait list?

How does WF prefer to receive grade updates? I wanted to send activity

How does WF prefer to receive grade updates? I wanted to send activity
Sorry!! How does WF prefer to receive updates? I wanted to send fall grades as well as an update on fall activities. Will an email suffice or should i also send transcripts??
Thanks!

Any recent interview invites?

Reactions: 2 users
Sorry!! How does WF prefer to receive updates? I wanted to send fall grades as well as an update on fall activities. Will an email suffice or should i also send transcripts??
Thanks!
Send a PDF of your un-official transcript