2013 ARRO Annual Seminar Schedule

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jaycar0

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
The yearly ARRO Annual Seminar will take place prior to the ASTRO Annual Meeting in Atlanta on September 21st, 2013 from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM. We have assembled a terrific group of speakers to cover a broad range of topics that should be of interest to residents.

This year's ARRO Annual Seminar will launch a new resident curriculum effort designed to supplement topics that are not formally taught in residency. These sessions will be available for review on the ARRO website and will be updated with new topics throughout the year and at each subsequent ARRO Annual Seminar. The curriculum will cover two broad categories in relation to Radiation Oncology: Economics and Academic Medicine. Below is the current schedule of speakers and sessions.

We are looking forward to a wonderful Annual Meeting and hope to see you in Atlanta!

9:00 AM – 9:10 AM
Opening Remarks – ARRO Executive Committee

9:10 AM – 9:40 AM
Global Health Scholar Award Presentations
Rachel Jimenez MD (Harvard Univesity), Sarah Milgrom MD (Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center), and Youssef Zeidan MD (Stanford University)

9:40 AM- 10:00 AM
Residency Research Time and Resources: Survey Results
Josh Mackenzie MD, University of Cincinnati

10:00- 10:45
Legal Aspects of Entering Practice
Terry Wall, MD, JD, FASTRO, St. Luke's Cancer Institute

10:50 AM – 11:50 PM
Keynote Address:
"Radiation Oncology: Our Future Seen Through the Lens of the Past"

Dr. J. Frank Wilson FASTRO, FACR, Medical College of Wisconsin

11:50 PM – 1:00 PM
Break – Box Lunch

1:00- 1:30
Fellowships in Radiation Oncology
Moderator -Subhakar Mutyala, MD, Scott & White Healthcare System

1:30-2:30 PM
Applying for Jobs: A Panel Discussion
Moderator- Lisa A. Kachnic, MD, Boston Medical Center

2:30- 3:30
*Manuscript Writing
Dr. Anthony Zietman FASTRO, Harvard University (Editor-In-Chief of the Red Journal) and Katherine Bennet (Managing Editor of the Red Journal)

3:30 PM- 4:20 PM
**Radiation Oncology Economics Series Session :process of care, Coding and Reimbursement in Radiation Oncology"
Najeeb Mohideen, MD, Northwest Community Hospital (ASTRO Health Policy Council Chairman)

4:20- 5:00
Professional Evaluation of Radiation Oncology Academic and Private Practices
Terry Wall, MD, JD, FASTRO St. Luke's Cancer Institute

*Academic Medicine Curriculum Session: Available on the ARRO website following the meeting
**Radiation Oncology Economics Curriculum Session: Available on the ARRO website following the meeting

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
All sessions are optional of course. I have it on good authority that they will not lock the doors this year:)

Another great program (not that I'm biased or anything). I am disappointed to hear that chaining the doors shut is against fire code regulations in Atlanta. Oh well. I guess we'll have to let the residents choose which sessions they want to attend.