-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Step II 2013 COMLEX Level 2 Thread
Started by willen101383
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Hey I couldn't remember the username and password of my original account so I had to make a new one. I had to call the NBOME about an ERAS question. I took my boards 2nd week in July, the very kind lady I spoke to said that my score should be out 3rd week in August (they are looking at 6 week turn around times). I certainly hope I don't have to wait 6 weeks for scores, but I will if I have to :-/
Hey I couldn't remember the username and password of my original account so I had to make a new one. I had to call the NBOME about an ERAS question. I took my boards 2nd week in July, the very kind lady I spoke to said that my score should be out 3rd week in August (they are looking at 6 week turn around times). I certainly hope I don't have to wait 6 weeks for scores, but I will if I have to :-/
Did she happen to mention what day of the week they are releasing scores? Or is it going to be a surprise?
There was no specific date given. I know that step 1 scores are out until July 1st so I'm hoping that they put out some step 2 scores soon.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I took the comlex yesterday. I would say 20-25% of the exam was very vague in the question stems and the answer choices. I did my best to reason my way through those questions. I had a significant amount of Peds and biostats [difficult but similar to comquest] as well as a decent amount of Ob/Gyn. I would say the exam was very similar to comquest but not the comsae form c. If any of you have furthur questions, feel free to PM me and I'll do my best to answer from what I can remember. Good luck to everyone!
I was just gonna say... several people I know that have taken the test in the last week or two have commented on the significant number of biostats questions they had (and the ridiculousness of said questions). Apparently not straightforward Sens/Spec or PPV/NPV type questions... more interpreting study design or chi square or T test or whatever or they would place the data in a table and present it in a funky way you're not used to seeing. I was perhaps naive in that I didn't expect much biostats on COMLEX 2 (didn't expect it on COMLEX1 either and got surprised by those) so I'm glad I got the heads up to put more time into that than I probably otherwise would have.
There was no specific date given. I know that step 1 scores are out until July 1st so I'm hoping that they put out some step 2 scores soon.
I called them and they said for those of us in the June batch it is the week of August 5 is the supposedly projected date.....
I called them and they said for those of us in the June batch it is the week of August 5 is the supposedly projected date.....
And they've already released the level 1 scores through July 1 :-/ They give me false hope.
Believe me I'm disappointed as well it makes no sense and it appears the release is the same last years?
They released step 3 scores this morning. I'm just hoping they really don't make us wait 6 weeks.
I just want to know whether I passed so I can feel like third year is really over. I have some expectation that I did... but on the other hand, the COMLEX is weird and a lot of people last year had low scores even with (reportedly) good preparation.
I just want to know whether I passed so I can feel like third year is really over. I have some expectation that I did... but on the other hand, the COMLEX is weird and a lot of people last year had low scores even with (reportedly) good preparation.
Ditto. I should have passed but we shall see. I feel like I can't begin my whole application process until I know step 2 is done.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I had no ass sections, let alone hard ass sections
Kudos sir!
Got this email yesterday...
----------------------------------------------------------
Please note that the June 2013 COMLEX-USA Level 2-CE scores are expected to be available on August 6, 2013, unless there are any unforeseen delays.
Sincerely,
Mirela
NBOME
Client Services Representative
866-479-6828
----------------------------------------------------------
Please note that the June 2013 COMLEX-USA Level 2-CE scores are expected to be available on August 6, 2013, unless there are any unforeseen delays.
Sincerely,
Mirela
NBOME
Client Services Representative
866-479-6828
Got this email yesterday...
----------------------------------------------------------
Please note that the June 2013 COMLEX-USA Level 2-CE scores are expected to be available on August 6, 2013, unless there are any unforeseen delays.
Sincerely,
Mirela
NBOME
Client Services Representative
866-479-6828
Appreciate you passing on the information... even though it's not what I wanted to hear. :-/
Does anyone know if I could use my driver's license during the exam to work out the sacral torsion problems?
Does anyone know if I could use my driver's license during the exam to work out the sacral torsion problems?
Just fold your scratch paper into a 3D sacrum bro😉
Does anyone know the correlation between Combank/Comquest scores to the actual COMLEX? I'm wondering if my qbank scores would be good enough to pass or make above average on the real thing.
Also, is there a recommendation on which COMSAE (if any) is the best one to utilize? I've already taken Form D because our school purchased it for us.
Also, is there a recommendation on which COMSAE (if any) is the best one to utilize? I've already taken Form D because our school purchased it for us.
How do you prepare for the medical jurisprudence qs on comlex 2?
also, the bioterrorism qs?
how is the audio/video stuff?
thanks
also, the bioterrorism qs?
how is the audio/video stuff?
thanks
Does anyone know the correlation between Combank/Comquest scores to the actual COMLEX? I'm wondering if my qbank scores would be good enough to pass or make above average on the real thing.
Also, is there a recommendation on which COMSAE (if any) is the best one to utilize? I've already taken Form D because our school purchased it for us.
I think there is a correlation but the test changed so much from the Comsae I wasted 60 bucks I think...
Last edited:
How do you prepare for the medical jurisprudence qs on comlex 2?
also, the bioterrorism qs?
how is the audio/video stuff?
thanks
Jurisprudence questions: There were some weird legal scenarios, some legal theory stuff and an odd question that I only knew from paying attention to the news, not from studying. Someone else might have a good resource... combank q's were the most helpful to me here (though not all-inclusive).
Bioterrorism: I had one question, and it was so incredibly random. Pretty sure that my husband who was in the military would have been better-equipped to answer it. Fortunately I don't think this one question will make a huge difference in my score.
A/V stuff: I felt like these questions were actually pretty fair - mostly stuff about physical exam findings that I learned on rotations. The stems were very helpful in narrowing down answers.
Also, is there a recommendation on which COMSAE (if any) is the best one to utilize? I've already taken Form D because our school purchased it for us.
I felt the COMSAE was vaguely similar to the real deal (certainly with question style), but the distribution of subjects was wildly different. I took forms D and C. I will be happy to offer my real vs COMSAE scores for comparison whenever they finally release them.
Jurisprudence questions: There were some weird legal scenarios, some legal theory stuff and an odd question that I only knew from paying attention to the news, not from studying. Someone else might have a good resource... combank q's were the most helpful to me here (though not all-inclusive).
Bioterrorism: I had one question, and it was so incredibly random. Pretty sure that my husband who was in the military would have been better-equipped to answer it. Fortunately I don't think this one question will make a huge difference in my score.
A/V stuff: I felt like these questions were actually pretty fair - mostly stuff about physical exam findings that I learned on rotations. The stems were very helpful in narrowing down answers.
I felt the COMSAE was vaguely similar to the real deal (certainly with question style), but the distribution of subjects was wildly different. I took forms D and C. I will be happy to offer my real vs COMSAE scores for comparison whenever they finally release them.
Thanks for the reply. Did comquest help in regardd to these subjects?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know the correlation between Combank/Comquest scores to the actual COMLEX? I'm wondering if my qbank scores would be good enough to pass or make above average on the real thing.
I emailed each company and these are their responses.
From COMBANK...."Consistently scoring above the "pass line" in timed mode gives you a 90% probability of passing the examination. The pass line is representative of a 400."
From COMQUEST..."We are gathering statistically significant data, but a 66% is passing with 90% certainty. Our data is gathered based only on people who respond to our surveys. But the pass rate is usually between 96-99% depending on the survey month. We'll release some statistically significant data in the near term once we've analyzed the numbers more closely."
so, is today really going to be the day?
so, is today really going to be the day?
I think tomorrow. This wait is ....
I think tomorrow. This wait is ....
come on already!!!! give us the scores!!!!!!!!
Are they only releasing June's scores? What about July 1st? :/
Did NBOME say they were releasing scores today? if not, when are they releasing them?Called NBOME this afternoon. Scores are being released through July 19.
From what I heard it will be end of the week. I'm hoping that is wrong because I'm hoping for in the afternoon tomorrow.
Hmm. The post earlier said tomorrow and when I called today I asked through what date will they be released tomorrow. I assume I would have been corrected if it was not tomorrow
Did they confirm the date was through July 19?
Hmm. The post earlier said tomorrow and when I called today I asked through what date will they be released tomorrow. I assume I would have been corrected if it was not tomorrow
Cool. I called as well and was told what I posted. I hope your right so the nightmare can end lol.
it will be in 3 weeks
i am kidding, i have no idea
i am kidding, i have no idea
1
123165
Did they confirm the date was through July 19?
Confirm? As I said, they told me through the 19th. I only called once.
Jayscin posted an email stating it would be tomorrow.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Confirm? As I said, they told me through the 19th. I only called once.
Jayscin posted an email stating it would be tomorrow.
I posted the exact email I received when asking about the release date. They said Aug 6 unless there are problems.
Thanks for the updates.
I'm anxious to see if I made a 400 or a 600. Sad exam 🙁
I'm anxious to see if I made a 400 or a 600. Sad exam 🙁
Someone from my school called today and was told that today is the release day for sure but that they "didn't know what time it would be".
From trolling last years's first release, it was around 5pm.
They probably want to hit release and then leave the office so they don't have to hear students calling them for any reason.
They probably want to hit release and then leave the office so they don't have to hear students calling them for any reason.
Yeah I agree, except their faulty logic instead results in students calling them ALLLLL DAYYYY wondering when they are ever going to hit the button.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 554
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 602
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 923