2014-2015 Georgetown GEMS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Cool. Maybe some of us can meet up the day before like people did in the previous years.

I'd be cool with that.
wiap9u.png
 
Hello guys,
I am a current GEMS and I definitely understand how you all feel since I had to go through the same thing last year. Gems is indeed a wonderful program. Stay strong and you guys should start getting phone calls soon since the first interview date is approaching. If you have questions post them on here and I'll Check the tread over the weekend and try to answer them. I look forward to meet the lucky ones who get invited for an interview. Good luck to you all. !!
Hi, thanks for your time, I was wondering if meeting all the requirement, you have to go through the AMCAS application again, since it says on GEMS website you are advised to apply to GUSOM. How does it work, do you mind clarifying please 🙂
 
Hey those of you with interviews please post your stats and what you think made your application stand out. It will benefit future applicants tremendously.
 
don't feel bad! Thats great that you all were invited to interview. Wow that is so interesting that they told you not to tell anyone lol. Did they say "we see the gems thread don't post on it?" that is so interesting
 
don't feel bad! Thats great that you all were invited to interview. Wow that is so interesting that they told you not to tell anyone lol. Did they say "we see the gems thread don't post on it?" that is so interesting
I saw in a previous thread where someone hinted at that. But I can kind of understand why. If they are recieving too many calls it holds up the process of giving interview offers.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It went pretty good, there is a very nice family community vibe with the program, you will enjoy it...remember to bring some comfortable dress shoes to walk in!

Nice! I like that GEMS has the friendly, supportive atmosphere and works hard to help the students succeed. I am looking forward to my interview.

And, I will make sure to wear comfortable dress shoes.
 
Well I don't think it's rolling admissions so they have to review everyone now that all invited applicants have been interviewed.
 
I don't think there is a set class size, so chances are the April peeps have already been evaluated. It might put April peeps in a disadvantage if compared to the May group whose impressions are still fresh in the adcomm's minds. But to avoid any problems everyone is probably notified of acceptance/rejection at one time.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey Guys! I'm a current GEMS student! I am looking for someone to sub-lease my place in June and July. It's $1100 per month plus utilities (Utilities are usually $120) Also, you would have the option to sign the lease for the whole year. I know housing is pretty difficult to find and I have a really great place! It's a re-done basement apartment. Black appliances and granite counter tops, spacious living room, nice bedrooms, very clean bathroom, etc. It's close to campus as well. PM me for more details! And good luck with everything!
 
Hey guys,

Everyone is probably waiting to hear back some good news. I know it has only been 1 week since the second interview date so we still have some time to wait. I really enjoyed my interview day and I think we had a good group of people. As you guys mentioned earlier, they interviewed less people this year and class this has been between 20-28 usually (around 28 people past couple years if I am not mistaken) so I hope they accept all of us this year! That would be pretty amazing!
 
Hey guys,

Everyone is probably waiting to hear back some good news. I know it has only been 1 week since the second interview date so we still have some time to wait. I really enjoyed my interview day and I think we had a good group of people. As you guys mentioned earlier, they interviewed less people this year and class this has been between 20-28 usually (around 28 people past couple years if I am not mistaken) so I hope they accept all of us this year! That would be pretty amazing!
It's only been a week since the interview but it feels like forever. And the letter on the GEMS homepage states that we will know the decision by May 31, 2014 so we may only have one more week of waiting or two.
 
It's only been a week since the interview but it feels like forever. And the letter on the GEMS homepage states that we will know the decision by May 31, 2014 so we may only have one more week of waiting or two.

I agree, I hope they accept all of us! In the past years, they sent out decisions two weeks after the second interview. I interviewed with the first batch so I'm ready to hear back already! I'm guessing we'll find out by the end of next week. I wonder if they'll be sending out decisions in the mail or via phone?
 
I agree, I hope they accept all of us! In the past years, they sent out decisions two weeks after the second interview. I interviewed with the first batch so I'm ready to hear back already! I'm guessing we'll find out by the end of next week. I wonder if they'll be sending out decisions in the mail or via phone?
wow already? I guess cue anxiousness starting now lol
 
Hi Everyone! I am looking to apply to this program next year and I am so excited. I'm just wondering how the interviews went?
I wish you guys all the best and I can only imagine how nerve wrecking the waiting game is. *fingers crossed*
 
Hi Everyone! I am looking to apply to this program next year and I am so excited. I'm just wondering how the interviews went?
I wish you guys all the best and I can only imagine how nerve wrecking the waiting game is. *fingers crossed*
The interviews are awesome. They're long but the whole process has a family like feel. Good luck to you for next cycle =)
 
Haha the anxiety has already started for me. Did they mention in the 2nd interview how the decisions were going to be announced?
LOL I believe they said through email or phone and one of the GEMS students mentioned something about receiving info in the mail about the decision.
 
I wish they would specify how we were supposed to hear back, so I don't have to worry about constantly checking my phone, email and mail. Patience is key though! Has anyone looked at apartments in the area?
Yes two words "extremely expensive"
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Well in past GEMS forums, calls have been mentioned :\

Ya I've read too. I feel like acceptances are conveyed via phone. I'm going to have my phone by me at all times starting Monday. But then again, I read one thread from a couple of years ago and they all expected phone calls but received their letters in the mail. Ahh this is so confusing! And on top of that they've completely changed the number of people they interviewed. They for sure love keeping us on our toes haha
 
I was told that the school provides a list of pre approved places to rent. Do any current/former GEMS students know if there is any truth to this?