You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2014-2015 University of Nebraska Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I wish I knew. I have no idea how often the committee meets but last years thread showed a batch of decisions go out a few days before Christmas and then silence for about a month.
I got bored during class and perused that thread for awhile.
Thanks for taking care of the dirty work for the rest of us 🙂
Thanks for taking care of the dirty work for the rest of us 🙂
eh i just listened to the wrap up session lol.
also, i forget if i posted this or not and i'm too lazy to look back. Gigi said they do the good ole' big envelope/small envelope method of notifying you. other than that, i don't think you know when you get reviewed.... so now i'll be watching the mail like a maniac from december to march lol
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Haha! Do you know when the next review is? My interviewer said not to expect to hear back until the New Year because of the holidays, but maybe it's because I'm OOS too?Yeahhhhhh if they could go ahead and include me in a review right now I would appreciate it. I have a month to send in another deposit lol
Haha! Do you know when the next review is? My interviewer said not to expect to hear back until the New Year because of the holidays, but maybe it's because I'm OOS too?
No idea. Like I said before they said it was random review between December and march.
Accepted! My packet came in the mail yesterday. So excited! I'm IS. I interviewed 10/10.
Congrats that is awesome. Hoping I get one too!
Yeahhhhhh if they could go ahead and include me in a review right now I would appreciate it. I have a month to send in another deposit lol
I have two 1k deposits due for one school in jan and feb 1st... Really hoping I don't have to wait until after that to hear something. Then again, I guess it's a good problem to have!
I have two 1k deposits due for one school in jan and feb 1st... Really hoping I don't have to wait until after that to hear something. Then again, I guess it's a good problem to have!
exactly. i mean we'll be (unfortunately) laughing at 2 grand next august haha.
Mind sharing stats?Accepted! My packet came in the mail yesterday. So excited! I'm IS. I interviewed 10/10.
Interviewed 10/17, getting anxious!
Last edited:
Acceptance letter received last week. IS. Interviewed in October. LizzyM around 68-72 range. Best of luck to all! 🙂
So jelly.
Mind sharing stats?
Interviewed 10/17, getting anxious!
I interviewed 10/10 and am also anxious!
I haven't seen any waitlists/rejections yet, so I am getting worried that not hearing soon is bad news with all of these acceptance going out!
I interviewed 10/10 and am also anxious!
I haven't seen any waitlists/rejections yet, so I am getting worried that not hearing soon is bad news with all of these acceptance going out!
Did they tell tour interview group that app reviews would be random? I am still trying to understand how they process apps
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Lizzy around 72, reapplicant.Mind sharing stats?
Interviewed 10/17, getting anxious!
I was thinking the same thing.Congrats to everyone accepted so far! Is it just me or does it seem like the acceptances are earlier than years past?
First glance 😱😱😱😳😳 🙁 🙁 😡😡😡
Second glance 😛
Third glance: 😱😱😱😱😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡
Back story:
Saw the stack of mail when I got home from the gym.... A letter from UNMC.... But it is a small letter (hence first glance description) did a double take, realized it was a pamphlet for past volunteers and so I kind of lol and brush it off (hence second glance).
Keep looking through stack.... Big packet at the bottom omg omg omg omg.... Its from my damn UG asking for donations.... Raging at this point hence third glance.
Never had so much anxiety to go and down in such a short amount of time... Especially over the DAMN MAIL... This cycle man....
Second glance 😛
Third glance: 😱😱😱😱😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡
Back story:
Saw the stack of mail when I got home from the gym.... A letter from UNMC.... But it is a small letter (hence first glance description) did a double take, realized it was a pamphlet for past volunteers and so I kind of lol and brush it off (hence second glance).
Keep looking through stack.... Big packet at the bottom omg omg omg omg.... Its from my damn UG asking for donations.... Raging at this point hence third glance.
Never had so much anxiety to go and down in such a short amount of time... Especially over the DAMN MAIL... This cycle man....
First glance 😱😱😱😳😳 🙁 🙁 😡😡😡
Second glance 😛
Third glance: 😱😱😱😱😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡
Back story:
Saw the stack of mail when I got home from the gym.... A letter from UNMC.... But it is a small letter (hence first glance description) did a double take, realized it was a pamphlet for past volunteers and so I kind of lol and brush it off (hence second glance).
Keep looking through stack.... Big packet at the bottom omg omg omg omg.... Its from my damn UG asking for donations.... Raging at this point hence third glance.
Never had so much anxiety to go and down in such a short amount of time... Especially over the DAMN MAIL... This cycle man....
Awwwww!!! :/ how horrible!!
Awwwww!!! :/ how horrible!!
Seriously though.... Lol
Seriously though.... Lol
I woud probably react the same!!
Is anyone else interviewing this upcoming Friday, December 12?
how many OOS applicants does UNMC usually accept? does anyone know? On their website I saw 14-20 but some people in the last year's thread said 45? and Congrats to everyone that got in so far!! 😀
how many OOS applicants does UNMC usually accept? does anyone know? On their website I saw 14-20 but some people in the last year's thread said 45? and Congrats to everyone that got in so far!! 😀
Could probably check MSAR r somewhere on their page
how many OOS applicants does UNMC usually accept? does anyone know? On their website I saw 14-20 but some people in the last year's thread said 45? and Congrats to everyone that got in so far!! 😀
I'm an M1 and right off the top of my head I can think of about 7 people who are OOS. I'm sure there are more, but 45 is way to many. I bet my class probably falls somewhere in the 10-20 range. Good luck to those applying!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thank you so much for your replies. I am just hoping that more people were accepted and 10-20 matriculated. Keeping my fingers crossed.
More OOS are accepted. However, tuition is so high they usually go somewhere else.Thank you so much for your replies. I am just hoping that more people were accepted and 10-20 matriculated. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Thank you so much for your replies. I am just hoping that more people were accepted and 10-20 matriculated. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Oops, yea I misread the earlier post and confused accepted with matriculated.
alright alright alriiiiight
just got my 11/7 retake scores... 30! 10/10/10 trifecta! so reassuring because I knew my last MCAT was not reflective of my true self. I improved almost 35 percentile!
interviewed on 11/14, so now hoping to hear really good news.
30 MCAT, 3.7 cGPA, 3.6 sGPA
research at UNMC, volunteering at UNMC, >100 hours shadowing at UNMC, LOR from a physician who is very... very well known even to the admissions staff.
just got my 11/7 retake scores... 30! 10/10/10 trifecta! so reassuring because I knew my last MCAT was not reflective of my true self. I improved almost 35 percentile!
interviewed on 11/14, so now hoping to hear really good news.
30 MCAT, 3.7 cGPA, 3.6 sGPA
research at UNMC, volunteering at UNMC, >100 hours shadowing at UNMC, LOR from a physician who is very... very well known even to the admissions staff.
Anybody know when they meet?
If you ask them, they would tell you some time between December and march 😡😡😡
Lol arrrgghhh I just want to know
Haha right? At my interview they told me we should know by mid December. Ahhh.If you ask them, they would tell you some time between December and march 😡😡😡
Lol arrrgghhh I just want to know
IS 3.6cGPA 32MCAT Lot of ECs. Finals week and all I dream about is this envelope
Haha right? At my interview they told me we should know by mid December. Ahhh.
IS 3.6cGPA 32MCAT Lot of ECs. Finals week and all I dream about is this envelope
Right with you... When did u interview? I interviewed 11/14. Crossing my fingers for all of us.
10/17. Fingers crossed for this week.Right with you... When did u interview? I interviewed 11/14. Crossing my fingers for all of us.
my brother in law said he met someone who is currently applying and has already interviewed and apparently told my brother in law that he was told end of December.... which probably means before Christmas.
so either he is lying or different things are told to different applicants
so either he is lying or different things are told to different applicants
Reading the number of accepted I am getting worried about my late interview date for 1/9. I tried getting an earlier date but it seems as an OOS applicant this was the best I was able to get. I have strong ties with the university (a family member was chairman of a department for 6 years at Lincoln) and I have a 31 (combined) MCAT and 3.7 GPA from a top 12 university with 3 years of research experience. However, my application was sent out late in the cycle and I am getting worried that my interview date is too late. Anyone have an idea as to how much worse are my chances due to my late interview and application dates and at what point can I expect to hear a response regarding my application?
Aside from demonstrating my desire to remain in Nebraska upon acceptance, is there any other advice that any of you can offer?
Thanks!
Aside from demonstrating my desire to remain in Nebraska upon acceptance, is there any other advice that any of you can offer?
Thanks!
Reading the number of accepted I am getting worried about my late interview date for 1/9. I tried getting an earlier date but it seems as an OOS applicant this was the best I was able to get. I have strong ties with the university (a family member was chairman of a department for 6 years at Lincoln) and I have a 31 (combined) MCAT and 3.7 GPA from a top 12 university with 3 years of research experience. However, my application was sent out late in the cycle and I am getting worried that my interview date is too late. Anyone have an idea as to how much worse are my chances due to my late interview and application dates and at what point can I expect to hear a response regarding my application?
Aside from demonstrating my desire to remain in Nebraska upon acceptance, is there any other advice that any of you can offer?
Thanks!
your chances are higher than not getting an interview. sorry, but the more I delve into Nebraska acceptances, the more confused I get lol. you wouldn't have gotten an interview if they weren't at least interested. many people (myself included) had interviews that were extremely laid back and conversational, almost borderline informal (but not unprofessional by any means)... if all of that makes sense. be familiar with your app but don't overpractice. my interview went like this: name, hometown, family info including careers, where I went to college, what ECs I did there, shadowing, volunteering, hobbies, etc. lots of tangents, tying multiple topics together, etc. I think he asked me three words that someone would describe me as and I ended up talking about "bath salts" (not me using them... not anyone using them actually, some smartass freshman asking me if he could have them my second year as an RA lol)... so that shows you how relaxed my interview was at least.
your MCAT is right at their median I think according to MSAR, and so is your GPA. so numbers wise you're fine. tie wise, probably fine as well otherwise you probably wouldn't have gotten an interview. if you are planning on working in Nebraska or at least open to it, be sure to mention that IMO.
Has anyone heard of any rejections or waitlists being sent out yet?
I haven't heard much if anything at all.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Come on UNMC big envelope for Christmas.....!!!! Please Santa!!!
that would be a dream come true!
Accepted today! Really surprised by this since I'm OOS. Interviewed in October, no ties really to NE, and LizzyM <70.
Edit: Also I remember, I was preliminarily rejected haha, it can happen!
Wow you sound exactly like me... Now my hopes are high!! Congrats!!!
Accepted today! Really surprised by this since I'm OOS. Interviewed in October, no ties really to NE, and LizzyM <70.
Edit: Also I remember, I was preliminarily rejected haha, it can happen!
Congrats. Mind sharing a bit more about your app as far as ECs, special experiences, etc that could be contributing. I am just under a 70 and have massive ties to Nebraska AND UNMC so I am really hopeful as well
I think my background is compelling since I am an atypical applicant who has worked in the healthcare business industry for many years including at UNMC and Children's of Omaha. I also have a unique EC background as a college athlete, published researcher, and unique majors. My interview went smoothly but I was worried about lack of connection to Nebraska. Good luck!!Congrats. Mind sharing a bit more about your app as far as ECs, special experiences, etc that could be contributing. I am just under a 70 and have massive ties to Nebraska AND UNMC so I am really hopeful as well
Last edited:
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K