2015 - 2016 September - November Completion Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DJ2MD

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

It seems most people around here have been complete since July/August. I only became complete at most schools last week due to late committee letter (most secondaries were sent in in July though). I like the LizzyM <70 thread, so I thought I would create this for those who are complete "late" for whatever reason for support, information, whatever have you!

I'll start:

LizzyM: ~68
Nontrad
Applied: 28 MD schools
Complete: ~9/24

It's going to be a long few months waiting to hear back...!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
haha, i like this thread :) I had only submitted 7/19 secondaries before the start of september. I'm at 16/19 secondaries submitted now, though!!!

LizzyM: 69-70
Applied: 19 MD schools
Complete: as of 9/28, i'm complete at ~13/19 schools

I've also got 3 IIs so far! and 2 of them came from schools that I was complete at during the first or second week of september, so there's hope :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
I completed most of my applications around the beginning of September. There are a few outliers and I just submitted my DO for verification.

LizzyM = 74
Applied: 26 MD; 4 DO
Completed 25/26; 0/4

Radio silence, but I didn't expect to hear anything till October.

Members don't see this ad :)
Took the MCAT this summer and got verified last week of Aug. Was too busy/late to apply for DO- hopefully doesn't bite me later on! Last one submitted on 9/18.

LizzyM= 67
Applied: 27 MD
Completed: 23/27. Not going to bother with last 4.

1 pre-secondary rejection from WVU, 1 hold so far at GWU. Silence on all other fronts.

complete late (as in not yet) thanks to really slow LORs (they've known for a year). It's my fault. But now I'm a little bummed. It's SO late. Not panicking per se (doesn't do any good), but definitely not pleased...

LizzyM=70 (overall), 79 (last five years)
Applied: 30
Nontrad, weird story, super research nerd.

WOOT!

LizzyM: 64 (UG) 68(PB)
Nontrad, career changer
WA resident
>1000hrs of clinical. Hoping this really helps! Good luck everyone.

Edit: complete 9/22 at most schools. Haven't heart anything yet, obviously.

complete late (as in not yet) thanks to really slow LORs (they've known for a year). It's my fault. But now I'm a little bummed. It's SO late. Not panicking per se (doesn't do any good), but definitely not pleased...

LizzyM=70 (overall), 79 (last five years)
Applied: 30
Nontrad, weird story, super research nerd.

I saw this on SDN although I forgot who said it... "If you don't submit your secondaries, you won't be invited for interviews. If you do submit your secondaries, you might." Better late than never!

Applied 31 MD
LizzyM = 71
International.
Decent EC and Research.

... silence so far

Ill join in..submitted later than I would liked...verified 7/30..but due to an MCAT re-take early August I think it really delayed my app. I also had about 5 September secondaries submitted..So I'll join you guys!!
31 MD applied..2 rejections, PITT, USC
No II's.
Not URM
31 Mcat 2014- 513- Aug 2015
Lower undergrad GPA- Grad GPA in the 3.9 range.

I'm late because I was waiting on my MCAT score. Complete at various dates between 9/2 to 9/25, mostly earlier in the month.

LizzyM 73
Nontrad
Applied to 17 MD schools
Have heard nothing at all from any school.

I was complete 9/18 at most places (late LoR). Still wrapping up a few more secondaries, mainly at state schools that seem to have a later cycle.

LizzyM 76.
Complete at 11/15 MD schools
2 II.

Members don't see this ad :)
My application is very late because I am a lazy person who procrastinated all summer long.

LizzyM 73
Only 5/15 secondaries submitted this week, but at least I got an II already. Hoping to submit the rest before Oct 10th.

I just realized it has only been 2 weeks since I was complete... It feels like it has been months though haha. I seriously need distraction!!

Complete between 9/5-9/14 due to late committee letter :(

Applied to ~23 schools
1 II so far
1 pre-secondary rejection
Radio silence on all other ends!

I like this thread, too :)
LizzyM 72
Applied to 19 schools
Submitted most between August 21 - September 25
2 II from schools submitted late july
1 II from a school submitted early September (told them they were one of my top choices in the secondary. because they are, ahhh!!! :)
1 post-secondary rejection (Pitt)
Just waiting for now! Time to develop some new hobbies xD

Last edited:
Update:

LizzyM 64-68
Complete 9/22/15
II: 1!!!
All others silence so far but not complaining!!

Complete around ~9/18 at most schools due to committee letter.
LizzyM ~65
Applied to 41 schools
II: 0
Rejections: USC
Hold: GWU

:luck: <-- because I need it!

Ill join in..submitted later than I would liked...verified 7/30..but due to an MCAT re-take early August I think it really delayed my app. I also had about 5 September secondaries submitted..So I'll join you guys!!
31 MD applied..2 rejections, PITT, USC
No II's.
Not URM
31 Mcat 2014- 513- Aug 2015
Lower undergrad GPA- Grad GPA in the 3.9 range.
Update!! One II..

Reactions: 2 users
WOW that was fast! Which school?
I was surprised too! GW. I did send in my secondary in July, I was just complete in September because of Rec letters. I don't know if that has anything to do with it, but it's exciting anyhow!

I completed most of my applications around the beginning of September. There are a few outliers and I just submitted my DO for verification.

LizzyM = 74
Applied: 26 MD; 4 DO
Completed 25/26; 0/4

Radio silence, but I didn't expect to hear anything till October.

Got my first II a couple of days ago!

*bump* since this thread gives me hope!

I got one II... late because of 2nd MCAT score.

Stay with me people!!!

I won't let this thread die!

Not on my watch!!! :pompous:

The only news I have heard since is my WVU interview got rescheduled to an earlier date (12/3)

Silence otherwise!

I have two interviews now. Got one from Hofstra yesterday after being complete 9/5. Things are looking up! The cycle's not over for a while yet. Maybe we'll all get a wave of II's in the next few weeks!

Reactions: 3 users
I have two interviews now. Got one from Hofstra yesterday after being complete 9/5. Things are looking up! The cycle's not over for a while yet. Maybe we'll all get a wave of II's in the next few weeks!
Thats great! I saw that since I am on the Hofstra thread! Its a new med school but have great ties to North Shore LIJ. I feel it will be a med school on the rise. Congrats!

Congrats! We really did apply to a lot of similar schools.. Haha

Here is to hoping Hofstra shows me some love too :)

2 IIs so far!1 rejection, silence from the rest. I'm super excited about the IIs though!

Reactions: 3 users
Congrats! We really did apply to a lot of similar schools.. Haha

Here is to hoping Hofstra shows me some love too :)

Maybe we'll be classmates!

I'm losing hope :(
It takes only one school! I have a friend who didn't submit until mid-September, got one interview in April and got accepted. She is MS-2 now!

Complete from 9/12-9/22 at 20 schools. Currently sitting at 1 rejection, 3 IIs, 16 silences, and one 2' not received (you've made your point, Vandy). They're getting to us!

Complete from 9/12-9/22 at 20 schools. Currently sitting at 1 rejection, 3 IIs, 16 silences, and one 2' not received (you've made your point, Vandy). They're getting to us!

Congrats on those IIs. Where at if you don't mind me asking.

Congrats on those IIs. Where at if you don't mind me asking.
just for anyone checking back on this (because I totally would be, like the crazy person this process has made me into) - trying to stay away from specifics on the public forums, but shoot me a message and I'd be happy to let you know my stats and schools

Yay didn't know this thread existed.
Applied to ~20
Complete at most schools from late September to late October
2 II
1 rejection
1 hold

LizzyM 68-69

Yay for procrastinators!

Aside from my health, friends, family, and education, I need something else to be thankful for during Thanksgiving!!
Help me out over here adcoms!!

o_O

Just got a II this morning from NYMC!! Was marked complete 9/18 and I took the 9/17 casper. Took them a while to receive the score. Keep hope alive ^_^

Reactions: 2 users