You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2015-2016 University of Vermont Application Thread
Started by claduva94
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Just went from never even having been marked complete (no letters "received," no indication of "complete," even after 5 months) to rejected, via portal. This one makes me angry.
Wishing you all better luck.
Finally under preliminary review! Complete sometime in September.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I interviewed the same day and have not heard back yet. I was expecting to hear this morning, but nothing. They had said on interview day that if we didn't hear back before February, something was wrong. I'm going to give it a few more hours, then I'll probably call just to check up on my app.Any news on acceptance/waitlist front? Still haven't heard interviewed 11/14
If you call and get any info, please let us know! I was also hoping to hear something today :/I interviewed the same day and have not heard back yet. I was expecting to hear this morning, but nothing. They had said on interview day that if we didn't hear back before February, something was wrong. I'm going to give it a few more hours, then I'll probably call just to check up on my app.
It's a good thing.
Awesome thank you. Whats the likelihood of getting an interview after getting this update?
Awesome thank you. Whats the likelihood of getting an interview after getting this update?
user-deleted said:Because I had some spare time and reeeeally like data, I went spelunking for numbers. Of the 246 applicants who posted in last year's UVM thread, 152 were small-pooled, and 106 of the folks in the small pool were interviewed.
Moral of the story: a lot of people drown in the small pool, but it's still better to be in it than out of it.
Last edited:
Yay I finally get to wear my new swimsuit!
.
Last edited:
I love these kinds of stories. You rock, soon-to-be Dr. elephantlamps!ACCEPTED!!I can't believe it! 1 interview, 1 acceptance, somehow it all worked out. Now I can finally sleep...
Congrats! When did you interview?ACCEPTED!!I can't believe it! 1 interview, 1 acceptance, somehow it all worked out. Now I can finally sleep...
.
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Rejected 11/20 interview, good luck to you guys!
ACCEPTED!!I can't believe it! 1 interview, 1 acceptance, somehow it all worked out. Now I can finally sleep...
Congrats! Our FB page is here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1631197317158820/
did you call? Good news?I interviewed the same day and have not heard back yet. I was expecting to hear this morning, but nothing. They had said on interview day that if we didn't hear back before February, something was wrong. I'm going to give it a few more hours, then I'll probably call just to check up on my app.
Nah, no need. Got out of my research meeting to a waitlist email.did you call? Good news?
Mine has said the same for awhile...I'm remaining hopefulMy portal was updated to ".. you are in the group that may receive an interview". Is this a good/bad thing at Vermontl? Is it another way of saying put on hold? Thanks.
I can't believe it has taken this long and still haven't seen a decision.omg i interviewed 11/20 also, so nervousss!
Sorry guys new to the Vermont forum...so my portal has said for a little while that prelim review is complete and I'm within the pool which may be extended an interview...I'm learning this is call the "small pool" so what are the stats for this or getting an interview this late in the game if my status hasn't changed?
Finally small pooled yesterday after being complete since August.... hoping it will turn out to be an interview
Small pooled here as well! So random.
Are you guys punking me? Why has nobody posted about a II since like November. Ugh.
what was the email?Shame on you Vermont for getting my hopes up with that financial aid email...
Dear Student:what was the email?
As an applicant to the University of Vermont College of Medicine, you may be interested in applying for loans through the Federal financial aid program.
If you haven’t already applied for financial aid, please take a moment to review the important information below about the financial aid application process at UVM. If you have already submitted your FAFSA to UVM, thank you; you may disregard this e-mail.
• UVM’s priority financial aid deadline for submitting the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at fafsa.gov for the 2016-2017 school year is March 1, 2016.
• The FAFSA is the only financial aid application required by the University of Vermont College of Medicine.
• UVM’s federal school code to list on the FAFSA is 003696.
• If you have not yet filed your 2015 Federal taxes, complete the FAFSA using tax estimates to meet the priority deadline (return to fafsa.gov once your tax returns have been filed, update your FAFSA using the IRS data retrieval tool).
We realize that you have not yet been notified of a final admissions decision, however, it is important to submit your FAFSA online by March 1, 2016 regardless of your admissions status.
To learn more about the financial aid process at UVM, please visit uvm.edu/sfs.
But I have a rule in my gmail that flags all emails from the admissions office, so needless to say I got a little excited...
Small pooled today. Complete some time in late September.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Maybe they are really behind?
Dear Student:
As an applicant to the University of Vermont College of Medicine, you may be interested in applying for loans through the Federal financial aid program.
If you haven’t already applied for financial aid, please take a moment to review the important information below about the financial aid application process at UVM. If you have already submitted your FAFSA to UVM, thank you; you may disregard this e-mail.
• UVM’s priority financial aid deadline for submitting the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at fafsa.gov for the 2016-2017 school year is March 1, 2016.
• The FAFSA is the only financial aid application required by the University of Vermont College of Medicine.
• UVM’s federal school code to list on the FAFSA is 003696.
• If you have not yet filed your 2015 Federal taxes, complete the FAFSA using tax estimates to meet the priority deadline (return to fafsa.gov once your tax returns have been filed, update your FAFSA using the IRS data retrieval tool).
We realize that you have not yet been notified of a final admissions decision, however, it is important to submit your FAFSA online by March 1, 2016 regardless of your admissions status.
To learn more about the financial aid process at UVM, please visit uvm.edu/sfs.
But I have a rule in my gmail that flags all emails from the admissions office, so needless to say I got a little excited...
Does anyone on the waitlist receive this email?
I don't have a decision yet either, but I didn't get the email 🙁Dear Student:
As an applicant to the University of Vermont College of Medicine, you may be interested in applying for loans through the Federal financial aid program.
If you haven’t already applied for financial aid, please take a moment to review the important information below about the financial aid application process at UVM. If you have already submitted your FAFSA to UVM, thank you; you may disregard this e-mail.
• UVM’s priority financial aid deadline for submitting the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at fafsa.gov for the 2016-2017 school year is March 1, 2016.
• The FAFSA is the only financial aid application required by the University of Vermont College of Medicine.
• UVM’s federal school code to list on the FAFSA is 003696.
• If you have not yet filed your 2015 Federal taxes, complete the FAFSA using tax estimates to meet the priority deadline (return to fafsa.gov once your tax returns have been filed, update your FAFSA using the IRS data retrieval tool).
We realize that you have not yet been notified of a final admissions decision, however, it is important to submit your FAFSA online by March 1, 2016 regardless of your admissions status.
To learn more about the financial aid process at UVM, please visit uvm.edu/sfs.
But I have a rule in my gmail that flags all emails from the admissions office, so needless to say I got a little excited...
For real guys has anyone out there received a UVM interview invite in the past 2 months? 🙁
Last edited:
Does anyone on the waitlist receive this email?
I don't have a decision yet either, but I didn't get the email 🙁
I assume this is for WL applicants. I was waitlisted back in November.
Has anyone not heard back from 11/14? This is an amazingly long wait! 😛
For real guys has anyone out there received a UVM interview invite in the past 2 months? Just wondering why no one has posted about it 🙁
From last year's thread, Vermont ended II in mid-Jan.
In the 2013-2014 thread, II's kept going out until late-February. Didn't check any posts later than that.
+1
materials weren't processed until January.
materials weren't processed until January.
Rejected today complete Sept 24th
Good luck y'all!
Sorry to hear that. Were either of you small pooled before?+1
materials weren't processed until January.
Under review for about two weeks and then straight to rejection. 🙁
+1. Wondering what our chances are at this point.Finally under preliminary review- must have happened some time last week or this week. Completed some time late September/early October.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone been pulled off the qualified candidate waitlist?
What is that?
From previous threads, it looks like qualified candidate waitlist movement doesn't start until late April.Has anyone been pulled off the qualified candidate waitlist?
Has anyone been pulled off the qualified candidate waitlist?
Sounds like they filled the class and this is the group that would've gotten in.What is that?
11/20 still waiting... this is ridiculous.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K

I can't believe it! 1 interview, 1 acceptance, somehow it all worked out. Now I can finally sleep...