2015-2016 University of Vermont Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Interviewed on 2/20. Just received notice of Waitlist. Anyone leaving UVM? :poke:

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
From portal:
"If at any time you wish to withdraw your application from further consideration, please do so by clicking the "Contact Admissions" link in the left navigation bar and submit your request via email."

For those of you who are at school here or are planning to attend, what convinced you to attend UVM over other schools?

Congrats!

Interview date? Date probably doesn't matter, but I'm just curious.

February 20? I think it was the last date, but I'm not sure. Received my decision recently too, if that helps anyone

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted off the waitlist this morning (!), via email. Planning to attend.

For posterity's sake (I know that I've been scouring past years' threads for information on waitlist movement), I interviewed in December and was put on the waitlist in March.

Between the interview and WL decision I submitted a short update letter via email. After being waitlisted, I submitted monthly statements of strong interest. The first was a letter I emailed, but the follow-up notes were normal emails (tried to keep it short and sweet).

Reactions: 1 users
ACCEPTED (off the waitlist) this morning as well! :soexcited:

Interviewed 1/16, WL'ed 4/15 and accepted today! I had sent a letter of interest in between my interview and waitlist notification, if that makes any difference. So stoked about this opportunity; I'll most likely be matriculating in the fall!

Reactions: 3 users
Hi! Would anyone who attended second look be willing to describe their experience and their impressions of the school after the event? Also, what were your potential classmates like? (just curious to see what kind of people this school attracts, haha)
Thanks guys!

Whoa, just got accepted off the waitlist (interviewed in November), Does anyone know how I can ask about the financial aid offer?

Reactions: 2 users
Out of curiosity, have all those accepted off the waitlist been OOS?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Accepted off the waitlist today! OOS. Although I loved the school and Burlington is wonderful, I'll be declining as my state school is a much more affordable option.

Reactions: 5 users
Congratz to everyone who got off the waitlist. UVM please pick me!!

Accepted off the waitlist today! OOS. Although I loved the school and Burlington is wonderful, I'll be declining as my state school is a much more affordable option.

Congratulations scout1992! would you mind sharing what your interview date was?

OOS accepted off the waitlist 5/4 and declining for financial reasons. UVM is an amazing school and I highly encourage those accepted in the next few weeks to contact admissions/students with any questions-- they were so helpful. Hoping a spot goes to one of y'all

Was there an email to set up the OASIS account yet?

just accepted off the waitlist; interviewed 1/16, oos,

most likely will matriculate.

Just withdrew my acceptance from here because of tuition costs (OOS). Good luck to everyone!

Just accepted off the waitlist this morning and will be matriculating here!

OOS
Interview date: 11/14
Wait listed: January/February

If this helps anyone:
Right after the interview I submitted a thank you letter that explained my feelings about the school and my interest in attending. One month later, I submitted an update letter. Then when I found out I got waitlisted, I sent in letters of interest on a monthly basis, with the first one being the most detailed and the later ones being short and to the point.

I'm a re applicant and it's been a very difficult last few years but so worth it. I am extremely humbled by this opportunity and I sincerely wish all of you the best of luck and to never give up your dream because it will happen for you!!!

Reactions: 4 users
I was also accepted off the waitlist Friday morning and will be attending!!

OOS
Interview: 02/20
Waitlisted: 04/29

If this is helpful to anyone: I sent a thank you card after my interview, and then a 1/2 page reaffirmation letter (attached to an email) after getting the waitlist decision. A couple of weeks after my letter, I sent a very short and sweet follow up reaffirmation email. My fingers are crossed for those still on the waitlist!!

ugh I am seriously dying to get in off the WL even though I know chances are slim

So i've been lurking this thread for a while so I said if it happened to me I would post here. Just got in an hour ago.

OOS Interviewed: 12/5
GPA: 3.81
sGPA: 3.92
MCAT: 33

Good luck guys. Hope to see you in 2 months!

So i've been lurking this thread for a while so I said if it happened to me I would post here. Just got in an hour ago.

OOS Interviewed: 12/5
GPA: 3.81
sGPA: 3.92
MCAT: 33

Good luck guys. Hope to see you in 2 months!
Congratulation!!! Wow your status is very high.

Seems like movement is over......

Never give up hope! That's what I keep telling myself at least...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

accepted off the waitlist on 6/15!
interviewed 1/16, waitlisted 4/15

good luck everyone!

Accepted off the wait-list yesterday! Is this real life?

Thank you so much!!! I most definitely will! I was accepted so late that I'm overwhelmed :oops: