2015-2016 University of Vermont Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
@baovinhue interview Nov 22nd, decision mid-Feb (they were really behind at that point and let us know that)

Members don't see this ad.

Do you think everyone is basically waitlisted from her/his interview?

Interviewed mid January and they said decisions would be sent in March. Nothing so far. I called today to ask and they said they are running behind schedule and that HOPEFULLY they will be done with reviews by mid April. Hopefully. Ugh. This sucks.

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed mid January and they said decisions would be sent in March. Nothing so far. I called today to ask and they said they are running behind schedule and that HOPEFULLY they will be done with reviews by mid April. Hopefully. Ugh. This sucks.
Do you mean all reviews by mid April or the people who interviewed mid January? (I interviewed probably the same day)

Reactions: 1 user
Has everyone that have been wait listed here been put on the wait list for qualified alternates? This was upon initial notification

Has everyone that have been wait listed here been put on the wait list for qualified alternates? This was upon initial notification
I believe this is just how Vermont refers to their waitlist...

anyone hear back from feb interview?

Us January people are still waiting. I'd imagine they'll try to get back to all of us before traffic day/April 30th (someone called above and heard, at least for Jan people, that we should hear back sometime in April).

Us January people are still waiting. I'd imagine they'll try to get back to all of us before traffic day/April 30th (someone called above and heard, at least for Jan people, that we should hear back sometime in April).

thanks for the info!

Does anyone have any info on WL movement here this year? Or in years past? I've perused the previous years and can't find too much of a trend regarding movement.

Members don't see this ad :)
Via MSAR: 150-200 WL in years past, with ~20 accepted off of the waitlist.
Wow, I would have expected more than 20 accepted from waitlist because of the high price tag. And I didn't realize MSAR had this information.

Anyone gotten financial aid offers yet? Offer meaning scholarships, need-based aid, or if neither of those, the amount of federal unsubsidized loans we should be offered if we filled out FAFSA?

I have been small pooled since... August?

I have no hopes of getting an II.
Same here i'm kind of going crazy like either reject me or give me a chance at an interview to truly show you what I am capable of. Does anyone know when they are sending out final interviews? It's already so late.

Same here i'm kind of going crazy like either reject me or give me a chance at an interview to truly show you what I am capable of. Does anyone know when they are sending out final interviews? It's already so late.
I'm pretty sure they've been done with interviews for a couple of months (I think the last one was in late February). Sorry.

Yeah, check your portal. There wasn't any email notification.

Anyone gotten financial aid offers yet? Offer meaning scholarships, need-based aid, or if neither of those, the amount of federal unsubsidized loans we should be offered if we filled out FAFSA?

I got a merit scholarship back when I was accepted. But without need-based aid, this school is still pretty expensive for an OOS folk like me.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

I got a merit scholarship back when I was accepted. But without need-based aid, this school is still pretty expensive for an OOS folk like me.

do you mind me asking what kind of stats you have that helped in getting a merit scholarship? trying to see if it's attainable at all lol

do you mind me asking what kind of stats you have that helped in getting a merit scholarship? trying to see if it's attainable at all lol

My stats are nothing out of the ordinary. I think these scholarships are given for a multitude of reasons, such as the overall quality of the student. I don't think they're only looking for stats.

Anyone have any knowledge as to when those who interviewed in mid January will hear a response?

Anyone have any knowledge as to when those who interviewed in mid January will hear a response?
I've tried calling to ask but it always goes to voicemail. I left a message about two weeks ago and haven't heard from them yet.

Reactions: 1 users
When I called a few weeks ago, they said that January people would hear back "hopefully" beginnings of April. I don't want to get my hopes up too much for this week, so I'm realistically expecting it to be in the second or third week of April since they were behind. Any time now though. This wait is killing me!

Reactions: 1 users
Hey guys! Does anyone know what tablet and/or laptop the school gives us?

Hey guys! Does anyone know what tablet and/or laptop the school gives us?
I feel like the med student we were with had one of the new Lenovo convertable tab-PCs...I remember talking with them about how I'd prefer to keep my own tabPC that I picked out as the best convertible out for me.

Notified via email (and portal) that I was waitlisted. OOS interview 1/16

Interviewed 1/16 - waitlisted via email just now. bummer. was really hoping for this one

Waitlisted as well. It seems like everyone in our group was waitlisted.

Does anyone know of anyone that has been rejected post interview? Everyone on this thread seems to have been waitlisted since December

Interviewed in feb. anyone know when my interview group should hear back?b

Hi everyone, kinda late to the SDN thing, long-time lurker, first-time poster. I even just made my account haha. OOS interview on 2/20, my group was told we were the last interview group for the year and that we would be remembered because of the new MCAT variable (which I took). Anyways, I still have not heard back from them either. My portal says "we hope you have enjoyed your interview at UVM, etc..." and it has stayed that way since February. I'm getting kinda nervous after reading all of your posts :unsure:.
I just have one quick question: What is traffic day? lol

Thanks! I hope to meet you guys in August :xf:

Hi everyone, kinda late to the SDN thing, long-time lurker, first-time poster. I even just made my account haha. OOS interview on 2/20, my group was told we were the last interview group for the year and that we would be remembered because of the new MCAT variable (which I took). Anyways, I still have not heard back from them either. My portal says "we hope you have enjoyed your interview at UVM, etc..." and it has stayed that way since February. I'm getting kinda nervous after reading all of your posts :unsure:.
I just have one quick question: What is traffic day? lol

Thanks! I hope to meet you guys in August :xf:
They also told us not to expect a response before mid-April at the earliest, and that we would certainly miss their second look because of it. You're fine; we haven't heard yet because that's how UVM rolls!

Traffic day is April 30, when people have to decide to only hold 1 acceptance (some people currently have multiple). It tends to kick off a lot of waitlist movement, which people like me (4 WL, no acceptance) look forward to!

They also told us not to expect a response before mid-April at the earliest, and that we would certainly miss their second look because of it. You're fine; we haven't heard yet because that's how UVM rolls!

Traffic day is April 30, when people have to decide to only hold 1 acceptance (some people currently have multiple). It tends to kick off a lot of waitlist movement, which people like me (4 WL, no acceptance) look forward to!

We're twins! I can't wait for traffic day! LOL

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Wow! 4WL! If i was you I would be channeling the planets to align and looking for a leprichaun :luck: haha I wish you the best of good luck dude! Statistically speaking, you still have 4 chances to get in! you got this.

So after I read all these posts I applied to a job as a lab technician in a biotech company a couple of hours ago during my lunch break. Turns out that they were looking for people and I got a call within an hour (i was suprised too!). I have an interview on monday so at least its nice to know that somebody thinks I'm worthy. :banana:

Question to the forum: what's your backup plan in case you dont get in? Mine is save up money and try again!

WL here as well :(
I'm sorry...at least you're in good company here on SDN?

I don't actually know if I'm WL at UVM yet, but it's starting to look as if traffic day will pass before they get to my app the first time around, lol!

I interviewed here feb. and I'm still waiting for decision. I feel that it's a bit unfair for our group to decide which school we want to go to before this sat. A lot of planning should go into this decision.

I interviewed here feb. and I'm still waiting for decision. I feel that it's a bit unfair for our group to decide which school we want to go to before this sat. A lot of planning should go into this decision.

If you get accepted after Sat, you can change to UVM at that point.