2015-2016 Wright State University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Still holding onto hope on the alternate list! Wright State is my top school. I would love to go here. Dayton is a highly underrated place to live. (It's my home so I might be biased though)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone head back from an early March interview yet? Does it usually take a month to hear back? The wait is eating at me!

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if you sign up for the prematriculation program does it disqualify you from hearing back from other schools in May and June? Or will you still be able to hear back and choose other schools (given you come off their waitlist)?

Thanks in advance

We are not making any more interview offers, we have one more day of interviews. We have to wait until everyone has gone through committee before we can do waitlist letters. Just a little longer, I promise. I will get them to you all as soon as possible. :)

Thank you, Debbie! So we should still expect mid-April then, correct? Appreciate your time answering all of our questions!

Thank you, Debbie! So we should still expect mid-April then, correct? Appreciate your time answering all of our questions!
It will be sometime the third week of April that the waitlist letters can be done. I will let you know when they go out....watch for my update here. I will get them out as soon as I possibly can!

Reactions: 2 users
Just withdrew my acceptance. Good luck to those on the waitlist!!

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed on March 9th and I heard back yesterday. I was waitlisted.. Anyone else from March 9th hear back from them?

Does anyone know around when the email comes out if you are accepted? Is it the night of the committee meeting or the day after?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Does anyone know around when the email comes out if you are accepted? Is it the night of the committee meeting or the day after?

I think it varies. According to threads, both have occurred. Are there still committee meetings happening?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I thought the wait list ranking letters are yet to be sent. Did you guys already receive the letters?

Got the waitlist letter in the mail today! Hopefully I can get off and get in because Boonshoft is my favorite!!!

Got the waitlist letter in the mail today! Hopefully I can get off and get in because Boonshoft is my favorite!!!

The letter notifying you that you're on the list or the letter with your ranking?

When did you interview ?

The letter notifying you that you're on the list or the letter with your ranking?

Sorry I should've clarified. Just the letter saying I'm on the list. This is not the ranking. I interviewed on 03/22

Last edited:
Does anyone have their financial aid information yet?

I have heard nothing yet.

Does anyone have their financial aid information yet?

Check your Wright State email. They sent instructions on how to look up your financial aid info as well as other updates from the school.

Once you submit your FASFA you will get an email from wright state email and you can log on to check your awards.

Just received my waitlist ranking in the mail. Unfortunately only in the middle third, but I guess there is still hope!

Reactions: 3 users
Just received my waitlist ranking in the mail. Unfortunately only in the middle third, but I guess there is still hope!
would you mind sharing around what time you interviewed?

Most Wait list decision letters were mailed Friday, the rest are going out today.

You could receive a letter that states one of FOUR things.

You are placed in the TOP Third.

You are placed in the MIDDLE Third.

You are placed in the BOTTOM Third.

You were not placed on the alternate list and your file has been closed. (REJECTED)

Withdrew my acceptance today! I hope someone who really wants to go to this great school will get my position Good luck!

I am in state. Have an acceptance at a DO program that starts before Wright State, so I'm in limbo in terms of where to live, finding a roommate, etc. But I really hope to get into WSU! It's by far my first choice :)
That's not bad though! I think they sometimes go into the middle third. Are you IS?

@macdeb59 could you share with us what our ranking historically means? in recent classes, have the people in the top third been admitted? etc

@macdeb59 could you share with us what our ranking historically means? in recent classes, have the people in the top third been admitted? etc
From an earlier post of hers:
"...we typically take the top tier. At times we have taken into the middle and have dipped into the bottom a time or two. It it is different each year."

Last edited:
Top Third!!!!!

Withdrew, good luck everyone!!

Reactions: 3 users
Withdrew my acceptance from here today. Good luck to those of you waiting! :)

Reactions: 4 users