2015-2016 Wright State University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II here last night! Any words of advice? Also, does anyone know if there are seats still available in the class, or are we interviewing for wait list seats? So excited!
We interview for seats in the class, not waitlist seats. We do make offers up through the end of the process.

Reactions: 2 users
Was that the last round of invites or are more still forthcoming?
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Amazing school...attended open house last weekend--this is my #1 for sure. Please let there be more II's coming...

Reactions: 1 users
Was that the last round of invites or are more still forthcoming?
Thanks!
We will make more interview invitations. I can't pinpoint the last day that we will be doing this, but I will post on here when we are done.

Reactions: 8 users
:)Thanks for the reply. Let us know if you need some assistance in choosing the last few.
IS and still hopeful.

Reactions: 2 users
II here last night! Any words of advice? Also, does anyone know if there are seats still available in the class, or are we interviewing for wait list seats? So excited!

Just be the best version of yourself possible! Dr. Toussaint spoke to us applicants in the beginning, and he is really cool and makes everyone feel at ease.

hoping for a II from here soon....love this school

Dr. Touss is amazing! He made our whole interview group feel completely at ease. He kind of embodies this familial vibe that WSU has.

Dr. Touss is amazing! He made our whole interview group feel completely at ease. He kind of embodies this familial vibe that WSU has.
Agreed. His great attitude and the fact that he knew the names of the people interviewing that day showed how much he cared about students. It surely helped bumping this school high up in my list

Reactions: 3 users
Waitlisted today. Bittersweet.

When are the waitlist tiers made/do we have to indicate somehow that we want to stay on the waitlist? I can't find my waitlist letter, haha

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
When are the waitlist tiers made/do we have to indicate somehow that we want to stay on the waitlist? I can't find my waitlist letter, haha
The wait list tiers are made after everyone has interviewed and gone through committee. I anticipate that to be in mid April. We will get those wait list letters out as quickly as we can. You will receive one of 4 letters.....Top of the waitlist, Middle of the waitlist, Bottom of the waitlist or Rejected. We will have no idea when the waitlist will move or how much. But typically it moves around the May 1 multiple hold deadline and we typically take the top tier. At times we have taken into the middle and have dipped into the bottom a time or two. It it is different each year.

We do understand that waiting is not fun and we will get information to you as quickly as possible. Anytime you have questions, please give us a call or send an email.

You do not have to indicate that you want to remain on the waitlist. However if you do know that you will not be accepting an offer from the waitlist it would help us if you would withdraw so we do not spend time sending an acceptance to someone who is not interested in the offer so we can make offers to those interested more quickly.

We interview for seats in the class, not waitlist seats. We do make offers up through the end of the process.
Dear Debbie,
What is email to submit update ma
The wait list tiers are made after everyone has interviewed and gone through committee. I anticipate that to be in mid April. We will get those wait list letters out as quickly as we can. You will receive one of 4 letters.....Top of the waitlist, Middle of the waitlist, Bottom of the waitlist or Rejected. We will have no idea when the waitlist will move or how much. But typically it moves around the May 1 multiple hold deadline and we typically take the top tier. At times we have taken into the middle and have dipped into the bottom a time or two. It it is different each year.

We do understand that waiting is not fun and we will get information to you as quickly as possible. Anytime you have questions, please give us a call or send an email.

You do not have to indicate that you want to remain on the waitlist. However if you do know that you will not be accepting an offer from the waitlist it would help us if you would withdraw so we do not spend time sending an acceptance to someone who is not interested in the offer so we can make offers to those interested more quickly.
Hi Debbie,
how do I check my status post-secondary?
Thanks,

Hi Debbie, thanks for all of your contributions to this thread. I was just wondering if there are any interview invites left at this point and by when we should expect to receive them if there are. I'm very interested in Wright State and still have my hopes up!

Hi Debbie, thanks for all of your contributions to this thread. I was just wondering if there are any interview invites left at this point and by when we should expect to receive them if there are. I'm very interested in Wright State and still have my hopes up!

+1!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Definitely not withdrawing- interviewed back in September and Boonshoft is still my top choice :) Thank you for the response!

Reactions: 1 user

We will make interview invitations through early March. There is not an exact date. If not invited for an interview we will send you an email to let you know the process is over for this application cycle.

Dear Debbie,
What is email to submit update ma

Hi Debbie,
how do I check my status post-secondary?
Thanks,

There is not a place online to check your status. If you have not been rejected or interviewed your application is in active review. Final interview decisions will be made in early March, there is not an exact date. If not interviewed this year we will send you an email to indicate the process is over for this application cycle.

For clarification purposes, can you receive a waitlisted letter without completing an interview?

Does anyone know if we can send in pre-interview updates?

Does anyone know if we can send in pre-interview updates?
We do not accept updates pre-interview. If invited for an interview you may bring any updates at that time.

@macdeb59 Hi Debbie, would the admissions look at our file unfavorably if we push back our interview date? Transportation is a bit complicated in my situation and am considering pushing it back so I can have reliable transportation to Dayton.
No, that is not a problem. Just call as soon as you can to reschedule, days are limited!

@macdeb59 Do you know when we will be able to apply for the pre matriculation program? Also when do students usually hear back about whether they've been selected for it or not? Thanks! :)

Tran106,

I spoke with the director of this program. She stated that this information will become available most likely after they have the class put together (via email).

We will technically hear back about our acceptance to the program in April sometime.

If you meet any of the criteria for it, you are basically going to get a spot. If there are any seats available after they fill it with students who meet criteria, they will give them the remaining seats.

Hope this helps.
@macdeb59 Do you know when we will be able to apply for the pre matriculation program? Also when do students usually hear back about whether they've been selected for it or not? Thanks! :)

Great thanks so much! I wanted to make sure I had enough time to make appropriate living arrangements so that helps a lot.

Tran106,

I spoke with the director of this program. She stated that this information will become available most likely after they have the class put together (via email).

We will technically hear back about our acceptance to the program in April sometime.

If you meet any of the criteria for it, you are basically going to get a spot. If there are any seats available after they fill it with students who meet criteria, they will give them the remaining seats.

Hope this helps.

Did anyone who interviewed around 2/3 receive an acceptance?

Has anyone received an interview invite lately?

Has anyone received an interview invite lately?
They usually don't send interview invites until after their most recent interview which was this past tuesday. I'd wager the next and final round of interview invites will go out this friday or next.

II just now, been waiting eagerly for this one for awhile now. I can't wait to visit the school! IS, LizzyM ~62/63, complete who knows when haha

There is not a place online to check your status. If you have not been rejected or interviewed your application is in active review. Final interview decisions will be made in early March, there is not an exact date. If not interviewed this year we will send you an email to indicate the process is over for this application cycle.

Is this true for all applicants or have many pre-interview rejections already occurred?

Is this true for all applicants or have many pre-interview rejections already occurred?
Not many pre-interview rejections are sent. The rejections sent pre-interview are the ones that did not get a secondary application.

Not many pre-interview rejections are sent. The rejections sent pre-interview are the ones that did not get a secondary application.

Thanks for the response.

I really love WSU! I went there for a few classes in undergrad and for a post-bacc and I couldn't be happier with a medical school. I am holding onto hope on the wait list. I'm from the area and would really love to go here.
Dr. Touss, all of the staff and my interviewers were so friendly and enthusiastic. I can't wait to hear where I rank on the list.
@macdeb59 Do you have an idea of when the wait list ranking might be released?

I really love WSU! I went there for a few classes in undergrad and for a post-bacc and I couldn't be happier with a medical school. I am holding onto hope on the wait list. I'm from the area and would really love to go here.
Dr. Touss, all of the staff and my interviewers were so friendly and enthusiastic. I can't wait to hear where I rank on the list.
@macdeb59 Do you have an idea of when the wait list ranking might be released?

The wait list cannot be completed until everyone has interviewed and gone through committee. I anticipate that being mid April. When the list is compiled those right now that got "stand-by letters" could get one of 4 letters. Ranked in TOP third, Ranked in MIDDLE Third, Ranked in BOTTOM Third, or rejected.

The wait list cannot be completed until everyone has interviewed and gone through committee. I anticipate that being mid April. When the list is compiled those right now that got "stand-by letters" could get one of 4 letters. Ranked in TOP third, Ranked in MIDDLE Third, Ranked in BOTTOM Third, or rejected.
Hi Debbie,
Thank you for your response. Can current applicants anticipate any more interview offers?

We have concluded interviewing for this application cycle. We will be sending emails indicating this in the near future.

snail mail rejection yesterday :(

I was wondering if these letters come via snail mail or email? I moved in August and my old roommate has been able to retrieve important mail for me since then. Unfortunately, they are moving out at the end of April so I'm curious if I need to figure out how to change my AMCAS address in order to see my waitlist position haha.

Please send us your updated address as well as changing it in AMCAS. The wait list letters go snail mail.

Hi Debbie - I saw that you said that interviews have wrapped up for the season. Does this mean that waitlist ranking letters might go out before mid-April? Thank you!

Should we have a rejection letter by now if we have not gotten an II?

Hi Debbie - I saw that you said that interviews have wrapped up for the season. Does this mean that waitlist ranking letters might go out before mid-April? Thank you!
We are not making any more interview offers, we have one more day of interviews. We have to wait until everyone has gone through committee before we can do waitlist letters. Just a little longer, I promise. I will get them to you all as soon as possible. :)