2015-2016 Wright State University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I've been following your posts, I know you liked it here. Best of luck elsewhere!!

Wright State is practically in my hometown. It would have been amazing to go there. The program and the people were awesome during the interview. Still holding onto hope with 3 other waitlists in round 2.

Reactions: 1 user
I got placed in the bottom third. This is my only MD waitlist. Praying for a miracle!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I haven't heard anything yet. Has anyone from the top third been offered an acceptance? @macdeb59 Please when is the next batch of acceptance offer going to be sent out?

I haven't heard anything yet. Has anyone from the top third been offered an acceptance? @macdeb59 Please when is the next batch of acceptance offer going to be sent out?
We will be making offers soon from the wait list.

Reactions: 3 users
I just received an email. I have been accepted!

Reactions: 6 users
Congrats!!! I hope there's a lot of movement on the list *fingers crossed*

Members don't see this ad :)
Any other movement recently that anyone knows of?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

That moment you realize next year's cycle's thread just went up o_O

@macdeb59 I know there probably isn't much you can say but can you make any comment on the wait list movement so far? Thanks for helping us all out throughout this period!

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile app

@macdeb59 I know there probably isn't much you can say but can you make any comment on the wait list movement so far? Thanks for helping us all out throughout this period!

We are still in the Top Third. I will be making a FEW offers later today. It is still very early in the process.........

I know that is not much help, Sorry. ;)

Reactions: 2 users
We are still in the Top Third. I will be making a FEW offers later today. It is still very early in the process.........

I know that is not much help, Sorry. ;)

Thanks so much @macdeb59. I think I can speak for a lot of us on here that any update, no matter how small, is very much appreciated!

In all my excitement I forgot to post that I got the email from @macdeb59 the other day... I think she knew haha! So excited to come to Boonshoft in a couple months!!!

In all my excitement I forgot to post that I got the email from @macdeb59 the other day... I think she knew haha! So excited to come to Boonshoft in a couple months!!!
Congrats! Which tier were you in? Also how long were you given to respond?

Last edited:
Congrats! Which tier were you in? Also how long were you given to respond?

Top Third. I don't know how long you get, I responded right away. It's 2 weeks right now anyway per AAMC. Do a little search on SDN or look on AAMC's website to see for yourself. Though, I'd imagine that you should probably already have an idea of your rankings on your schools and should be able to give an answer right away.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

@macdeb59 any chance you can comment on where WSU is as far as waitlist movement is concerned? Thanks again for being so active on SDN

@macdeb59 any chance you can comment on where WSU is as far as waitlist movement is concerned? Thanks again for being so active on SDN
We will be making a few offers this week. We will be entering the middle third.

Just got accepted via email this afternoon. Was in the middle tier!! Hope you all hear good news soon too :)

Reactions: 5 users
Hi everyone, I know they are now in the middle third, but I was in the top third and was offered an acceptance on Monday, May 23 and will be starting with some of you in August :)

Anyway, I wanted to post to let you know that I was given ONE WEEK to respond. I hope that answers some previous questions!

Hi everyone, I know they are now in the middle third, but I was in the top third and was offered an acceptance on Monday, May 23 and will be starting with some of you in August :)

Anyway, I wanted to post to let you know that I was given ONE WEEK to respond. I hope that answers some previous questions!

Just to clarify a little, newly accepted applicants are given a week to contact me about the offer. If they are interested they are sent an acceptance letter and contract and then have two weeks to return the contract. When it gets closer to the start of school the time frame significantly shrinks. :)

Just to clarify a little, newly accepted applicants are given a week to contact me about the offer. If they are interested they are sent an acceptance letter and contract and then have two weeks to return the contract. When it gets closer to the start of school the time frame significantly shrinks. :)

Oops, so sorry! Glad you corrected that!

I was accepted off of the middle tier of the wait list yesterday!!!

Any recent movement? Also, does anyone know how far they got into the waitlist last year?

@macdeb59

Is Wright State still extending offers to applicants on the waitlist? Or has the process slowed down? I think were all just ansy now that the admissions committee has tapped into the middle tier :nailbiting: Thank you for keeping us well-informed!

@macdeb59

Is Wright State still extending offers to applicants on the waitlist? Or has the process slowed down? I think were all just ansy now that the admissions committee has tapped into the middle tier :nailbiting: Thank you for keeping us well-informed!

The process has slowed down. At this point we have to wait until someone gives up their seat and then we can make an offer. We do not know when this will happen. We have just under a month. We usually do make some last minute offers....but there is no way to predict when, if and how many.

The process has slowed down. At this point we have to wait until someone gives up their seat and then we can make an offer. We do not know when this will happen. We have just under a month. We usually do make some last minute offers....but there is no way to predict when, if and how many.
Are you all still in the middle tier? Have you dipped down to the lower tier yet?

@macdeb59

A lot of the students who are in the middle tier are at an odds as to what they should do regarding re-application. Personally for me, I am very keen on attending WSU, and as such, I want to re-apply as an early decision applicant. However, the deadline for this is August 1st. Does this mean that AMCAS needs to approve our application by August 1st, or do we need only to submit it by that time? Moreover, is it ill-advised to re-apply while still on the waitlist (i.e. it may come off as "giving up" to the office of admissions)? What other advice can you give to students who are in a similar position to my own? Thanks so much for your insight! I think I can speak for everyone on this thread when I say that we really appreciate your activity on SDN.

@macdeb59

A lot of the students who are in the middle tier are at an odds as to what they should do regarding re-application. Personally for me, I am very keen on attending WSU, and as such, I want to re-apply as an early decision applicant. However, the deadline for this is August 1st. Does this mean that AMCAS needs to approve our application by August 1st, or do we need only to submit it by that time? Moreover, is it ill-advised to re-apply while still on the waitlist (i.e. it may come off as "giving up" to the office of admissions)? What other advice can you give to students who are in a similar position to my own? Thanks so much for your insight! I think I can speak for everyone on this thread when I say that we really appreciate your activity on SDN.

It is never looked at as giving up if you re-apply while on the wait list. It happens every year and we have taken people that have applied for the new year off the the wait list. My best advice would be to go ahead and apply again. We are still in the very top of the middle third.

For Early Decision you need to apply by August 1, have your application complete and verified and all information to us by August 30th.

It is never looked at as giving up if you re-apply while on the wait list. It happens every year and we have taken people that have applied for the new year off the the wait list. My best advice would be to go ahead and apply again. We are still in the very top of the middle third.

For Early Decision you need to apply by August 1, have your application complete and verified and all information to us by August 30th.

In what situations do you recommend a student to apply EDP? How does your admission staff view these candidates?

Also, I know that candidates must be informed by October 1st of their decision... Is it usually earlier than this or around October 1 is a good guess?

There seems to be the vast majority of SDN that strongly discourages EDP to a particular school, regardless of grades, fit for the mission or personal reasons for choosing that school

Last edited:
Does anyone know if they have accepted any OOS applicants with a 499 and a 3.6cgpa and 3.5 sgpa??