2015-2016 Wright State University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ismet

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Space reserved for prompt.

Please PM the essays or lack thereof to me when the secondary is available and I will update this.

Good luck to everyone applying! :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

Applying here IS :) . Many of the docs I scribe for went here and had wonderful things to say.

Members don't see this ad :)
is this school OOS friendly?

Any secondaries yet? Just added this school to my amcas and was wondering if they had released any yet.

I'm pretty sure Wright State doesn't send out a secondary.

From their website:
"Unlike many medical schools, Wright State University Boonshoft School of Medicine does not have a secondary application. The school does require all applicants to pay an application fee. After we receive your application from AMCAS, we will notify you by email with instructions on how to pay the application fee online. The Wright State application fee is due by Dec. 15."

So I guess we just hang tight!

Reactions: 1 user
I just received notice of their 'secondary' today. Unless you received am AMCAS FAP waiver, there is no secondary.

If you did receive an AMCAS FAP waiver, then you have to answer a bunch of yes/no questions - but that's it. It's really simple.

The Wright State "secondary" is a survey.

Reactions: 1 users
I just want it so I can add it to the list of complete so I feel more productive.

Reactions: 4 users
I just received notice of their 'secondary' today. Unless you received am AMCAS FAP waiver, there is no secondary.

If you did receive an AMCAS FAP waiver, then you have to answer a bunch of yes/no questions - but that's it. It's really simple.
Everyone receives the same survey.

Debbie
BSOM Office of Admissions

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
anybody get the application fee payment portal?

Does engineering count as a science major? :eyebrow:
I guess it does. I have a science and non-science so I didn't know what to put either. Seems like they don't take too many OOS, which is unfortunate.

Secondary/survey received this morning. Thrilled! I was getting a little worried >.<

Undergrad Degree from Public College

Does this refer to currently? Or in the future when I graduate?

Undergrad Degree from Public College

Does this refer to currently? Or in the future when I graduate?
They're asking if you'll be getting your undergrad degree from a public college so if you're currently pursuing or received an undergrad degree at a public school, then yes.

Does Wright State prescreen?

Just got my survey and submitted it! OOS. Best of luck to everyone!

Marked as complete this morning... although my letters haven't been sent yet.

Hmm. Complete 2 days ago and they sent another complete today. anybody know if there is a status portal?

Last edited:
I guess it does. I have a science and non-science so I didn't know what to put either. Seems like they don't take too many OOS, which is unfortunate.

I thought this school took >30% OOS?

My bad, yea they have 28%, for some reason I thought they did not have much, maybe confused with some other school.

Some other Ohio schools are like that, but this is actually one of the most friendly OOS schools around!

Hmm. Complete 2 days ago and they sent another complete today. anybody know if there is a status portal?
Sorry about the duplicate email. What happened simply is our IT department processed some early in the morning and then again before midnight. I send complete emails once a day...in the morning to those complete for that date. The ones processed complete later in the day on the same day did not get a complete email. To shortcut things for myself since there were over 500 secondaries complete that day I sent one to all on that day, which means the ones that were processed in the morning and already received the email got a second one. Sorry for the confusion! They have never done a batch in the morning and then again in the evening.

There is not a status portal to check on your application. Once you are complete your status will not change unless you are invited for an interview or at the end of process when rejections are done.

We do accept about 30% from out of state. We receive over 4000 applications, interview around 450 and have a class size of up to 115.

Debbie
Office of Admissions

Reactions: 8 users
Sorry about the duplicate email. What happened simply is our IT department processed some early in the morning and then again before midnight. I send complete emails once a day...in the morning to those complete for that date. The ones processed complete later in the day on the same day did not get a complete email. To shortcut things for myself since there were over 500 secondaries complete that day I sent one to all on that day, which means the ones that were processed in the morning and already received the email got a second one. Sorry for the confusion! They have never done a batch in the morning and then again in the evening.

There is not a status portal to check on your application. Once you are complete your status will not change unless you are invited for an interview or at the end of process when rejections are done.

We do accept about 30% from out of state. We receive over 4000 applications, interview around 450 and have a class size of up to 115.

Debbie
Office of Admissions

Thanks for the update very informative!

Has anyone received any interview invitations yet?

Interview invitations will not go out until late August early September.

Debbie
WSU BSOM
Office of Admissions

Reactions: 5 users
Interview invitations will not go out until late August early September.

Debbie
WSU BSOM
Office of Admissions

My birthday was yesterday... I was really hoping to receive a free acceptance coupon in my email. I am hoping someone forgot to hit the send button ;)

On a serious note... Thanks for the information!

Reactions: 2 users
I submitted the survey + fee mid last week (I believe today was the 5th business day) and still haven't heard anything about being complete. anyone else?

I submitted the survey + fee mid last week (I believe today was the 5th business day) and still haven't heard anything about being complete. anyone else?
I submitted July 15th and was complete the 20th. So 5 days for me. I'm sure yours will be updated shortly.

Two Questions:

1. Would you consider engineering as a science or non-science degree for the secondary app? I know AMCAS says non-science..
2. Would obtaining a degree from a public university be considered a "public college"

Thank you all!

Two Questions:

1. Would you consider engineering as a science or non-science degree for the secondary app? I know AMCAS says non-science..
2. Would obtaining a degree from a public university be considered a "public college"

Thank you all!

Does AMCAS list what they consider science? I would go according to which school the major falls under (i.e. if there's a distinction btw. the engineering school and science, which is the case with most schools, then it would not be science).

2. Yes, public college = state funded, public school.

Two Questions:

Thank you all!
I put my engineering degree as science. I figure they can look and decide for themselves, but I consider it pretty science-y.

I submitted mine on the 22nd and I still haven't gotten a complete notification.

I put my engineering degree as science. I figure they can look and decide for themselves, but I consider it pretty science-y.
I agree it's pretty science-y. My thoughts were more along what technical criteria the adcoms might have. Your suggestion to go that route and let them decide is probably the best bet.

I agree it's pretty science-y. My thoughts were more along what technical criteria the adcoms might have. Your suggestion to go that route and let them decide is probably the best bet.
Or email and ask if you don't mind waiting a day to hear back :idea:
I did biomedical engineering. It's 50% bio and 50% electrical. Science.

To gauge the competition, what is everyone's LizzyM if you're willing to share? I'll get the ball rolling, mine is ~65

71 here.... I got my undergraduate degree from this school. :)

I just started my second week. I'm loving it, and my classmates are awesome. On the first day of class, one of the deans pulled out the Elder Wand, and another one dressed up like the Easter Bunny. You can't make this stuff up. I'll try to check in on this thread every now and again—good luck everyone!

Reactions: 5 users