2016-2017 Drexel University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Rejected this morning, had sent in an application update yesterday. Complete mid July. Best of luck, everyone!

Interviewed here yesterday and LOVED IT!!!!! I had Dr. Wagner as my interviewer and he was super duper chill :)

Unless he knows something I don't...lol
We were told to buy our own. The IT site says the same. They just tell you what specs it has to have before you buy it.

PS: I am also an MS1 at Drexel
You're probably right. I found it really hard to believe they would just give one to you lol. Oh well. Whats $800 more in the face of crushing student debt? ;)

Anyone here accepted yet? If so, when did you interview?

For those accepted/current students, is it okay to wait until May to do all the background screening stuff?

Anyone here accepted yet? If so, when did you interview?
if you use the search box and type in "accepted" and check "search this thread only" that should pop up with a few answers, but yes, people have been accepted. I interviewed in October!

complete mid-July and haven't heard anything at all... does anyone know how far out their interviews are scheduling now? They interview through March so here's hoping to be that late-round pick, rookie off the bench, underdog kid who interviews under the wire and snags that last seat (what's better than that last seat?!)

Reactions: 6 users
complete mid-July and haven't heard anything at all... does anyone know how far out their interviews are scheduling now? They interview through March so here's hoping to be that late-round pick, rookie off the bench, underdog kid who interviews under the wire and snags that last seat (what's better than that last seat?!)

Getting rejected everywhere else then getting that last seat off the waitlist the day before school starts

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

For those accepted/current students, is it okay to wait until May to do all the background screening stuff?

They'll give you a deadline. We had until mid July for background checks, and all the medical stuff.

Members don't see this ad :)
Can it all be done in a month timespan?

What is the issue here? I got an email from Certiphi in January or February and then you'll get information from Drexel about your child abuse clearances and FBI finger printing (this is the one that can get forever..). That and the medical stuff. You'll need a physical, titers done, two step PPD...

Personally, I wouldn't wait until the last minute, it's not worth it. Especially since they give you MONTHS to get it done.

Rejected this morning, had sent in an application update yesterday. Complete mid July. Best of luck, everyone!

It seems common for many med schools to reject applicants hours or a few days after sending an update. I think they decide to reject an applicant but don't care to let them know unless that applicant sends an update.

Can anyone confirm?

It seems common for many med schools to reject applicants hours or a few days after sending an update. I think they decide to reject an applicant but don't care to let them know unless that applicant sends an update.

Can anyone confirm?

That happened to me with Hofstra. They savage. But that's n=1, and could have been a coincidence.

What is the issue here? I got an email from Certiphi in January or February and then you'll get information from Drexel about your child abuse clearances and FBI finger printing (this is the one that can get forever..). That and the medical stuff. You'll need a physical, titers done, two step PPD...

Personally, I wouldn't wait until the last minute, it's not worth it. Especially since they give you MONTHS to get it done.
I am OOS and wanted to wait until I am sure I am going to Drexel, that's all! Thanks!

I am OOS and wanted to wait until I am sure I am going to Drexel, that's all! Thanks!

The certiphi check you'll have to do for every school, so just get that over with lol but yes, all schools have their own requirements, but like I said, best not to cram it all in all at once.

ACCEPTED! First one of the cycle, what a relief!! Interviewed 10/24

Reactions: 4 users
Accepted today! Plan on withdrawing though as I was lucky enough to get accepted at my top choice.

Reactions: 4 users
Wait listed today, interviewed 9/20. not what I was hoping for but definitely not the worst scenario! I have an update to send so hopefully it helps! good luck guys congrats to those who got in

Wait listed today, interviewed 9/20. not what I was hoping for but definitely not the worst scenario! I have an update to send so hopefully it helps! good luck guys congrats to those who got in

How were you notified?

Accepted! Interviewed late september

Reactions: 1 users
Long time lurker, first time poster here. This entire process has been really stressful so I feel for everyone who's in limbo. With that said, I was accepted today! Not sure if the update I sent less than a week ago helped or not though.

LizzyM ~69. OOS. Interviewed Mid-October.

Reactions: 7 users
Placed on pre-II hold this morning. Complete since mid July. Anyone else in the same boat?

Placed on pre-II hold this morning. Complete since mid July. Anyone else in the same boat?
Sorry to hear! Didn't know Drexel did pre ii hold. Complete since beginning of august and nothing here.

Sorry to hear! Didn't know Drexel did pre ii hold. Complete since beginning of august and nothing here.
Maybe I'm interpreting the email wrong but it says that an interview is not offered at this time and they would like to re evaluate my application should spots remain open in the spring. If that IS the rejection letter then whoops.

Last edited:
Maybe I'm interpreting the email wrong but it says that an interview is not offered at this time and they would like to re evaluate my application should spots remain open in the spring. If that IS the rejection letter then whoops.
No, that's the spring hold. They did the same thing last year.

No no, they do the hold as well. You'll receive another rejection email late in the spring if you don't get an II in early spring

Everyone talking about acceptances, IIs and holds, and I am just here still waiting for a response since mid-August. Smh.
Congrats to anyone that recently got an acceptance or II, btw!

Reactions: 5 users
Everyone talking about acceptances, IIs and holds, and I am just here still waiting for a response since mid-August. Smh.
Congrats to anyone that recently got an acceptance or II, btw!

Waiting since late July so I feel ya!

Reactions: 3 users
rejected pre ii OOS complete 8/1