2016-2017 Drexel University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
+1 pre interview hold. Do they like update letters?
The admissions office said they were receptive to updates when I sent one a couple weeks ago.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
The admissions office said they were receptive to updates when I sent one a couple weeks ago.
Did you send an update to them via email? I thought we were supposed to submit updates in the portal. And I read somewhere that we are only allowed to submit 1 update, which is reflected in the portal because I sent an update last month and now I can only upload a resume and transcript.

I uploaded it to the portal, yes.

If you have another substantial update, I'd call the admissions office and ask if you can email it. My portal also says that I can only upload a transcript or resume after sending an update.
Did you send an update to them via email? I thought we were supposed to submit updates in the portal. And I read somewhere that we are only allowed to submit 1 update, which is reflected in the portal because I sent an update last month and now I can only upload a resume and transcript.

I uploaded it to the portal, yes.

If you have another substantial update, I'd call the admissions office and ask if you can email it. My portal also says that I can only upload a transcript or resume after sending an update.
Awesome! Just checking if it was possible to sneak in another update via emailing them haha!

did you get an email about this? checked the portal but not sure where to look for this status

Notified via email. No change to portal except a copy of the hold email under the communications tab.

Pre interview hold today as well, complete mid August. How many interviews do they typically pull of hold, and when? Drexel be a dream med school did my interest in bioengineering, but man is the OOS COA steep haha

EDIT: PRE interview hold lol.... though an interview would be pretty sweet

Last edited:
Pretty interview hold today as well, complete mid August. How many interviews do they typically pull of hold, and when? Drexel be a dream med school did my interest in bioengineering, but man is the OOS COA steep haha
...what? lol

Edit: Complete Late July and haven't heard anything yet.

It has been a while, but I interviewed on 11/5 and at that point, they said that they had sent out less than half of their expected number if IIs
I really hope this is true. It would be amazing to be able to interview here.

What's the difference between a pre interview hold and silence? Which one is one better?

Complete since July, hoping for an II here

Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
What's the difference between a pre interview hold and silence? Which one is one better?

Complete since July, hoping for an II here
To be honest I'm not sure if either is better. either pre-ii hold or silence could end in an acceptance, waitlist or rejection. I think a pre-ii hold just gives a little gratification since most of us go months without any sort of communication.

Pre interview hold today as well, complete mid August. How many interviews do they typically pull of hold, and when? Drexel be a dream med school did my interest in bioengineering, but man is the OOS COA steep haha

EDIT: PRE interview hold lol.... though an interview would be pretty sweet

Unfortunately it's a private institution and OOS and IS COA is the same. Philly isnt a cheap city to live in either, which drives it up.

Just withdrew my app so someone should be expecting an II soon

Reactions: 7 users
II today! OOS, complete mid-October

Reactions: 4 users
II earlier too!!! My first one!!!! Been complete since July this feels like a miracle!

Reactions: 25 users
II yesterday, complete in July! OOS. Philadelphia is such a cool city, can't wait!

II earlier too!!! My first one!!!! Been complete since July this feels like a miracle!

I love these kinds of posts. Every time I read a "first II, complete since forever ago!" post, it makes me smile. Keep on keeping' on pre-med peoples.

Reactions: 9 users
Congratulations! As someone that was also complete in July seeing all those II gives me a little hope. Mind sharing your stats?

Reactions: 2 users
II yesterday! OOS, complete mid-October

Reactions: 2 users
Would anyone be willing to shed some light as to what their interview experience was like here? Trying to figure out how to prepare!!!

It was very laid back, students as great! Just be ready to discuss your actual application and why Drexel and how you would take advantages of the opportunities at Drexel. Just be yourself honestly!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
It was very laid back, students as great! Just be ready to discuss your actual application and why Drexel and how you would take advantages of the opportunities at Drexel. Just be yourself honestly!

thank you so much for your feedback!! I'm so nervous..

Last edited:
Hey all, does anyone know about sending status Updates? On the website in the FAQ it states only those who have taken interviews or those on interview hold can give updates but on the requirements page it states 3 updates can be sent and doesn't say anything about interview restrictions. I wanted to give a status update as I've been working as a scribe for a few months but I'm unsure about if they accept it or not?

Honestly I'm not sure about this. I've asked on the phone and they told me (after silence since mid August) that they don't accept status updates. So I don't know how this works

Honestly I'm not sure about this. I've asked on the phone and they told me (after silence since mid August) that they don't accept status updates. So I don't know how this works

Just upload it on the website. They do accept applicant updates. They might have meant they don't give you status updates

Hey all, does anyone know about sending status Updates? On the website in the FAQ it states only those who have taken interviews or those on interview hold can give updates but on the requirements page it states 3 updates can be sent and doesn't say anything about interview restrictions. I wanted to give a status update as I've been working as a scribe for a few months but I'm unsure about if they accept it or not?
I sent them an update and haven't had an interview. The admissions office didn't say updates were only allowed post interview.

How's the Kean Scholarship? Does it waive your tuition or half of it?

How's the Kean Scholarship? Does it waive your tuition or half of it?

Hey, did Drexel send you scholarship information already? I was accepted early November and haven't heard anything since, so I'm just wondering if they started with the financial stuff.

Has anyone from 11/7 heard?

I interviewed 11/3 and still haven't heard...I contacted them and they told me more like 6-8 weeks and the holidays added a week as well. I hope I hear soon! I really want to go to Drexel!

Hey, did Drexel send you scholarship information already? I was accepted early November and haven't heard anything since, so I'm just wondering if they started with the financial stuff.

+1 kinda wanna know how much this is all gunna cost me

I just submitted my secondaries several days ago. I know I'm a bit late to the game, but do I have a shot at an interview since space is limited (notwithstanding my academic metrics)?

I just submitted my secondaries several days ago. I know I'm a bit late to the game, but do I have a shot at an interview since space is limited (notwithstanding my academic metrics)?

"A bit"? Honestly, I'd say your chances are slim to none. Why would you submit your secondary so late?

Last edited:
I took the MCAT late and didn't have the money to apply until last week. I appreciate your input. Becoming a doctor is my dream, so I'll do the best I can with what I can control and hope the rest will work out.

Last edited:
I took the MCAT late and didn't have the money to apply until last week. I appreciate your input. Becoming a doctor is my dream, so I'll do the best I can with what I can control and hope the rest will work out.

I would have waited and saved until May and then applied. Most schools have easily given out 2/3-3/4's of their total interview slots, some are done completely (NYU, for instance). Applying this late, even with a stellar application, doens't always spell success. It usually doesn't. There is an absolute advantage to applying early as possible. Drexel has probably given out at least 2/3s of its II at this point. While it's not impossible, you have a mighty uphill battle at this point (schools mostly do rolling admissions, so once the IIs/seats are gone, they're gone). I wish you the best of luck, though.

anyone know when they're scheduling interviews for at this point? Would love to interview here and no word since I was complete in early September :(

Reactions: 3 users
anyone know when they're scheduling interviews for at this point? Would love to interview here and no word since I was complete in early September :(
I scheduled right before Christmas and spots for Mondays, Tuesdays, and I believe Thursdays were open for all of February

I have to gently agree with @Sheiko, it's a little late in the game to be submitting a secondary, and that sometimes translates to schools as "you were my last resort and I didn't really want to go here to begin with"