2016-2017 SUNY - Downstate Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got HFS back in December, I feel you guys. Does anyone ever get accepted from that list before late spring? I feel like this is an awful lot of people to waitlist.. Do they just interview a lot of people?
>1000, maybe even 1200. I believe the acceptance rate hovers around 25-30% post-interview which is lower that the typical 1/3-1/2

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Really starting to get impatient (and a little delirious) these days and thought I would share my current situation! Complete 9/12. Sent 2 updates so far. Got confirmation they were received but no other news…
Hmmm I thought that updates weren't allowed unless they asked for them (according to their website)

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Moral of this rejection... never threaten to step on a NYC guys timbs.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Financial package received today, all loans lmao cries

Reactions: 3 users
Was scheduled to interview but just withdrew my application. Good luck everyone.

I have my interview tomorrow, any tips?

Last edited:
Whats the strongest part of your application?

Last edited:
Also got put on hold today. Does anyone know what percentage of students get accepted off the wait list? I'm not sure if such a statistic even exists...

No one knows but the students at our lunch both said the number is high. All 4 of the current students that I met on my interview day were accepted off of the waitlist.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
It would be really awesome if Someone could be an MVP and call or visit to find out what the actual numbers are for early acceptances and HFS acceptances

Is it normal to have not heard anything from Downstate yet?
Complete 7/30

Anybody else having trouble accessing the SUNY Website secondary application? I've been trying to log on to check my status the past few days and the website seems to be down.

For accepted students are there any forms we have to fill out or anything we need to do???

Anybody else having trouble accessing the SUNY Website secondary application? I've been trying to log on to check my status the past few days and the website seems to be down.

There is no status checker. Once you submit you're done, everything is done via email.

For accepted students are there any forms we have to fill out or anything we need to do???
Yes , in your accepted letter that you should get in the mail it tells you all the requirements you need to do before you begin classes. Like the health forms etc.

is there anyone who has been accepted to the mph program but still not heard back from the md program? Complete in August, sent an update, and still have not heard anything about the MD program.

Can we send thank you notes to our interviewer? I didn't ask before I left.

Can we send thank you notes to our interviewer? I didn't ask before I left.

Their website says we should send the thank you notes to the admission's email. But I noticed that after I sent it directly to my interviewer's email which she left to me before I left. Anyway I don't think it would make a big difference on their decision.

Their website says we should send the thank you notes to the admission's email. But I noticed that after I sent it directly to my interviewer's email which she left to me before I left. Anyway I don't think it would make a big difference on their decision.

Crap I found my interviewers email and sent it direct as well. She responded back though so I assume all is well.

I sent a thank you note directly to my interviewer and was accepted. Don't think it matters at all.

lol my guy was so interesting...he just kind of told me i shouldn't send it. it wouldn't make a difference. it was like that throughout my interview too where he was pretty blunt on killing the formalities. good guy, hope he liked me and gave me an acceptance.

is there anyone who has been accepted to the mph program but still not heard back from the md program? Complete in August, sent an update, and still have not heard anything about the MD program.
Last year the same thing happened to me. Heard from MPH in December and then got the II in late January for a march interview.

I am neither a student nor an applicant here but I just have to say that your school's gross anatomy practice quizzes are phenomenal and have helped me tremendously.

February and still haven't heard back since being completed in September. Idk what to think of this or how to feel...

Also just received the II email right now! :)

Just got an II... right after checking this thread wondering if anyone heard back, SO STRANGE. Email says they still haven't selected all the students for entering class, and Interview date will be scheduled after Feb. 24th. I'm so happy for this Yayy!!
+1

II just now! OMG this brights up my day:clap:

Just got an II... right after checking this thread wondering if anyone heard back, SO STRANGE. Email says they still haven't selected all the students for entering class, and Interview date will be scheduled after Feb. 24th. I'm so happy for this Yayy!!

Got II as well.

II just now! OMG this brights up my day:clap:

Congrats fam! Do you guys mind sharing your stats and when you were complete?

II as well! Anybody else think it was a rejection after reading the first few lines??

II!! Incredibly surprised and elated!! Literally still in a state of shock!

II also. Complete 10/10. In state, Lizzy M 68.5. Only my second invite so super excited

Last edited:
Pleasantly surprised with an II just now. Complete late July

II this morning, complete early Sept, lizzy ~70 OOS

Wow this is great news! Congrats to everyone who just got an II :)

Withdrew my II here, best of luck to all those with upcoming interviews! :cat:

Reactions: 6 users
II 2/2/2017 too!

Have they replied back to any of you guys yet about setting up interview dates yet? I sent them a pretty quick reply but haven't heard anything. Then again, it's only been a day. Freaking out!
Haven't heard anything yet either.

Haven't heard anything yet either.
I got an email about an hour ago saying they'd inform me one month in advance of the interview date. I'm sure you'll be getting an email soon.