You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2016-2017 University of Nebraska Application Thread
Started by WedgeDawg
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
6
632460
According to the AAMC summary document, Nebraska is one of 9 US medical schools not accepting the old MCAT this cycle. However, the UNMC admissions website makes no mention of this change, and their admissions brochure states that MCAT scores are valid for 3 years (which includes all MCATs taken between 01/23/14 and 01/23/15). Can anyone comment on the veracity of the AAMC document?
Source
Source
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
6
632460
Does help. Thank you.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Good to know, thanks!I think like 503ish
Has anyone received information about the secondary application? If so, was it via email or snail mail? It looks like the portal opened today.
https://net.unmc.edu/apply/secure/com/AMCAS.asp
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
https://net.unmc.edu/apply/secure/com/AMCAS.asp
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Has anyone received information about the secondary application? If so, was it via email or snail mail? It looks like the portal opened today.
https://net.unmc.edu/apply/secure/com/AMCAS.asp
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I received the secondary application this morning!
.
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Looks like interview invites went out today. I'm not early decision, and the earliest date I could request was 9/30.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Wait what? did they go out only for early decision, or for everyone's who has applied so far.Looks like interview invites went out today. I'm not early decision, and the earliest date I could request was 9/30.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Wait what? did they go out only for early decision, or for everyone's who has applied so far.
I did not apply early decision, but I got an email invitation and could request dates for my interview. The earliest date was 9/30. I'm assuming that means invitations went out to everyone? But invitations may roll out in waves as they continue reviewing secondaries etc.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Oh gotcha. Congrats! 🙂 Hope I'm next.I did not apply early decision, but I got an email invitation and could request dates for my interview. The earliest date was 9/30. I'm assuming that means invitations went out to everyone? But invitations may roll out in waves as they continue reviewing secondaries etc.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Got rejected 🙁 oh well.
Got rejected 🙁 oh well.
Oh no! [emoji53] Good luck on your other apps though!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
What would be the latest day that I could submit my application and still be able to apply early admission? I took the MCAT on June 18 and I want to get my score back before I apply, but I think that it's going to be too late by the time I get my results. Thoughts?
What would be the latest day that I could submit my application and still be able to apply early admission? I took the MCAT on June 18 and I want to get my score back before I apply, but I think that it's going to be too late by the time I get my results. Thoughts?
I personally would recommend submitting your application ASAP anyway, your MCAT score will come in due time!
Interview invite today 🙂
Submitted my secondary yesterday and received an II today! OOS but neighboring + immediate fam in NE + lived there in childhood.
First II and I'm so excited I could scream!
First II and I'm so excited I could scream!
Did everyone receive an email conformation immediately after submitting the interview application? I submitted mine and haven't received verification that they got it.
Did everyone receive an email conformation immediately after submitting the interview application? I submitted mine and haven't received verification that they got it.
I think I got my conformation the next day or so. Which date did you request?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
9/30 then 10/7 then 10/14! What about you? Thanks for the speedy reply 🙂I think I got my conformation the next day or so. Which date did you request?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
9/30 then 10/7 then 10/14! What about you? Thanks for the speedy reply 🙂
Sure thing! [emoji4] I'm confirmed for 9/30. Maybe I'll see you there!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Still in mcat mode? 😉I think I got my conformation the next day or so. Which date did you request?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Are II's different than supplementals? If so, how long after filling out your supplemental did you receive a "II"? I received a request to fill out the supplemental that I completed last night. Wondering how long until I'll hear back.
Could someone post the secondary prompts? Thanks!!
Got interview. October 21st.
After filling 48 hrs, received II. I am instate applicant.Are II's different than supplementals? If so, how long after filling out your supplemental did you receive a "II"? I received a request to fill out the supplemental that I completed last night. Wondering how long until I'll hear back.
Does anyone have an insight on the MD/PhD interview invites? I've been complete since late July and haven't heard anything.
I just got a rejection email and my new Mcat score hasn't been released yet... I indicated I have a new one coming on AMCAS so I only have an old one that's expired. Anyone know if this is normal?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
.
Last edited:
What letters does UNMC actually want? It says a 2 undegraduate faculty members with one being a pre-medical science teacher....does this mean any science or one of the pre-reqs for med school?I didn't really get to know too many teachers in my earlier years and would guess many others were the same. Would biochem or micro/molecular bio work? What about cancer bio? Do they want non-science?
Any guidelines are appreciated as I would really like to go here as I am in state.
Any guidelines are appreciated as I would really like to go here as I am in state.
For those that have interviewed, how do we send Thank You cards? I don't remember them mentioning a specific address to send it? Thank You!
Very very tough for OOS.This is one of the best schools in the country. Why no apps?
Has anyone heard anything lately? Or know of any updates?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone have an insight on the MD/PhD interview invites? I've been complete since late July and haven't heard anything.
I was complete here SUPER late and got an II two weeks ago for 12/14-12/16. They said that those were their last interview dates. I know that they are also having interviews this weekend. According to their website, they had a little under 50 MD/PhD applications last year and about 20 interviews, with 4 matriculating, so there's a relatively high chance of getting an interview!
EDIT: I know you said that a very long time ago, but still figured I would reply 🙂
When did you interview?Has anyone heard anything lately? Or know of any updates?
I interviewed in early October and have not heard anything back yet
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
