-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2016-2017 University of Nebraska Application Thread
Started by WedgeDawg
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
If accepted, is anyone planning to work while in school? I would like to, but am intimidated by the demands of studying
I would like to as well, but almost everyone I've spoken to has said it's near impossible and NOT recommended. I've had a job since I was 14 so I can't imagine not having a job. Though, as they say, medical school becomes your job.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
If UNMC could make a decision, that would be swell. At this point I'm not even that upset if they reject me post interview.
I've been accepted elsewhere and have put in my deposit there.
But UNMC is my #1 choice and better in all ways for me and I can't make myself look for housing or anything else at the other university until I get my official post interview rejection from UNMC because am an in state student so there is that what if factor.
I'm not even that competitive for UNMC but I can't shut that chapter and start a new one until I get the official rejection because what if...
I interviewed mid November.
I've been accepted elsewhere and have put in my deposit there.
But UNMC is my #1 choice and better in all ways for me and I can't make myself look for housing or anything else at the other university until I get my official post interview rejection from UNMC because am an in state student so there is that what if factor.
I'm not even that competitive for UNMC but I can't shut that chapter and start a new one until I get the official rejection because what if...
I interviewed mid November.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It seems like everyone I've heard of getting in has found out on a Friday? Not sure if that's just coincidence or by design. Any thoughts?
It seems like everyone I've heard of getting in has found out on a Friday? Not sure if that's just coincidence or by design. Any thoughts?
Same - all my friends are in already.
I wish a decision could be made so I can stop spending more more than half my day worrying about this
The admissions committee meets every Thursday and letters are sent out on the following Friday.It seems like everyone I've heard of getting in has found out on a Friday? Not sure if that's just coincidence or by design. Any thoughts?
Scary.. lol
Anyone else enjoy Sunday's because you don't have to worry about the walk to the mailbox?
Anyone who has not been accepted feel comfortable messaging me or posting what their stats are? Still wondering if there is hope for me
Me too please! Anyone, please message me with stats. Stressed to the max hereAnyone who has not been accepted feel comfortable messaging me or posting what their stats are? Still wondering if there is hope for me
I've heard of a few rejections lately. This is terrifying. But I guess we're still in the running?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Based on previous threads and people I know personally, it seems like they want a high GPA or high MCAT. It doesn't seem like it has to be both. However, the lower of the two still needs to be decent. I did the shadow a medical student program where I was able to go to class with a med student at UNMC. When I spoke with different people I realized everyone's story and stats were different. Bottom line....they basically want to know you are a decent person that cares about your community, and that you have demonstrated that you are capable of passing board exams. Don't let anyone scare you into thinking there is specific list of stats and experiences that they are looking for because it isn't true.
For those accepted -- did anything change on your online portal?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Anyone hear about scholarships? Couple friends last year said they heard in December with their acceptances, despite admissions saying finaid comes out in may
Nothing yet... Was hoping this Monday would be the day!Did anyone hear any news yet?
Rejected post interview - IS. Good luck to everyone still in the pool!
Why do you think you were rejected, if you don't mind me asking?Rejected post interview - IS. Good luck to everyone still in the pool!
So sorry to hear that. Best of luck to you in the future.Rejected post interview - IS. Good luck to everyone still in the pool!
Rejected post interview - IS. Good luck to everyone still in the pool!
I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors! Another school will be lucky to have you 🙂
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I heard back today OOS. So if you haven't heard you probably will soon-ish.
Accepted!!!!!
US News rankings
University of Nebraska Medical Center
#59 Tie Best Medical Schools: Research
#17 Best Medical Schools: Primary Care
University of Nebraska Medical Center
#59 Tie Best Medical Schools: Research
#17 Best Medical Schools: Primary Care
next to impossible oos with no state tiesIs this school really difficult to get into as an OOS applicant? I am AA Female with 3.5uw 3.3 science gpa, 499 mcat. Was thinking about applying here due to diversity reasons.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
this is self selected group for people with ties to the state. How many do they actually accept from OOS? Thats the number that ultimately matters, right?How do you guys get this information? MSAR leads me to believe it's not too bad because they interview 12% of OOS applicants.
Is this school really difficult to get into as an OOS applicant? I am AA Female with 3.5uw 3.3 science gpa, 499 mcat. Was thinking about applying here due to diversity reasons.
Your stats are way, way, waaay too low for the school even if you were in state. Don't waste your money applying here. They don't care about diversity, they care about getting doctors into Nebraska and they aren't naive about how OOS students don't tend to stay in NE.
An OOS student with your stats wouldn't even be offered an interview.
withdrew now! gl y'all.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K