**2016-2017 URM Medical School Application Thread**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
II at Washington St. Louis, but unfortunately has to decline. I can neither afford it nor miss any more school. On the upside, I'm glad the traveling is almost over!

Congratulations!! You have quite an impressive list of IIs. If you feel like you can't handle any of these top 20 interviews, feel free to pass them along to me. The fact that I didn't apply to those places is just minor details.😛
 
Congratulations!! You have quite an impressive list of IIs. If you feel like you can't handle any of these top 20 interviews, feel free to pass them along to me. The fact that I didn't apply to those places is just minor details.😛
You are a hoot! I wish we could transfer IIs, lol. I won't have to though; yours are coming through!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
In O.T.I. we trust....Congratulations everyone else who got IIs... I know I'm done for the season with 2 but hey at least I have a shot at becoming a Dr.
 
In O.T.I. we trust....Congratulations everyone else who got IIs... I know I'm done for the season with 2 but hey at least I have a shot at becoming a Dr.
Please don't trust in me! Heck, I don't event trust myself! I'm just as excited and surprised (if not more) with this season as you all are!

Edit: for those still waiting, or rejected, have faith and patience. Sounds trite coming from me, but one of my first correspondences with med school after apps was a rejection. That doesn't mean it is over.
 
Why in the world do people make MDapps pages just to put 3Q for the MCAT score and 1.0 GPA. It really doesn't help anyone, if you have to be that anonymous then shouldn't you not bother creating one????

/rant


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Some say they do it for their own personal journal / record keeping which I guess is okay but still annoying.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Honey bunnies :joyful:

A new week is upon us. Here's to hoping it's filled with IIs, sweater weather, pumpkin spice and whatever else your lil heart desires. For me that means clear sinuses, because you never know what you have until it's gone lmao
 
Honey bunnies :joyful:

A new week is upon us. Here's to hoping it's filled with IIs, sweater weather, pumpkin spice and whatever else your lil heart desires. For me that means clear sinuses, because you never know what you have until it's gone lmao

ditto. Except the whole sweater whether thing. We're still wearing tank tops down here in Florida for at least another two months.
 
Haha yeah Florida does stay warm throughout most of October but here's to a good week for everyone!
 
also how do you add those cool signature things that say how many secondaries you've completed/II's/holds/etc.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey has anyone interviewed at Case Western yet? I'm flying out tomorrow and could really use some tips!!
 
Finally my first interview invite, Boston, just coming up on the fourth week complete!

I'm so happy! Now I can start caring about interview prepping lol

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

YAYAYAY!! Atta girl. BU is hella picky so huge congrats lol more to come

Congrats! I had a great time during Interview day there.


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

We had a great time lol pretty sure we met. not hard considering we were the only ones of our kind
 
YAYAYAY!! Atta girl. BU is hella picky so huge congrats lol more to come



We had a great time lol pretty sure we met. not hard considering we were the only ones of our kind

lol yes we did meet! I've been the only black male at each of my interviews so far and so remaining anonymous is pretty difficult lol. I hope you had a great time. I'll PM. Got some questions to ask you about BU.


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
 
YAYAYAY!! Atta girl. BU is hella picky so huge congrats lol more to come



We had a great time lol pretty sure we met. not hard considering we were the only ones of our kind

lol yes we did meet! I've been the only black male at each of my interviews so far and so remaining anonymous is pretty difficult lol. I hope you had a great time. I'll PM. Got some questions to ask you about BU.


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Jealous! I want to meet Internet URM friends! Lol
 
Totally unrelated, but...
When I discovered that the highest of my big five traits was neuroticism (90%), I was comforted at the fact that I was designed to be a premed.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad