2016-2017 Wayne State University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
1/30 interview. Waitlisted. Excellllllleeeent

Members don't see this ad.

2/13 .. waitlisted. really bummed out and thought i did better.

So did they just waitlist everyone and their mom?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm joining the Waitlist club. Is there any room for me? lol. Interviewed 2/13

Reactions: 1 users
I think most of the amdissions comittee did not show up and they just waitlisted a majority. Usually, waitlists come out on Mondays.

So the waiting continues I guess. When do waitlisted people generally hear back??

Members don't see this ad :)
We all can't suck that badly can we???

Is there any true way to know how many people were accepted off of last year's waitlist? I am aware that there has been much hearsay in this thread regarding this topic, however much of it seems fallacious.

Is there any true way to know how many people were accepted off of last year's waitlist? I am aware that there has been much hearsay in this thread regarding this topic, however much of it seems fallacious.
Nope.

So the waiting continues I guess. When do waitlisted people generally hear back??

I would assume most WL movement will begin on traffic day. That's how it went down last year, and a lot of people are pulled off the WL at this time. Do your best not to stress out too much in the meantime, because chances are, no one will hear anything until then.

So a few people called on Monday including myself and we were separately told they're done giving out II :( good luck! There really isn't any clear understanding about how acceptances work. Just keeping doing you and it will pay off soon!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
So, it is done now? :nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting:

I would assume most WL movement will begin on traffic day. That's how it went down last year, and a lot of people are pulled off the WL at this time. Do your best not to stress out too much in the meantime, because chances are, no one will hear anything until then.
Traffic day? Sometime in April right?

Traffic day? Sometime in April right?

I believe applicants have to choose one acceptance by April 30th, but most of the WL movement doesn't happen until May 15th. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Well, Wayne keeps it as the top national secret, I think...:welcome: to the world of WL !!! although I did not get II from Wayne, I am in 6 WLs now in other schools. I studied the WL mechanism hard as much as I did for MCAT last couple of weeks and figured out this:

WL heaven case: about 40 ~ 50 % are off the list and get the offer
Normal case: about 30 %
Harsh case: about 15 % ~ 20%
Winning the lotto case: less than 10%

*The above rate = (# of the candidates in WL who receive the offer/ Tot. # of candidates in WL), usually 60 % ~ 70 % of candidates who got the offer off the WL accept the offer, and 30 ~ 40 % turn down, and WL is moving to the next. so the rate of the matriculant off the WL is about 18 % ~ 21 % for the above normal case.
Therefore, if Wayne is categorized as "Normal", the tot matriculant is 290, then about 52 ~61 may be matriculated out of approx 80 ~ 90 who got off the list, however, I assume Wayne is between "Normal" and "Heaven".

BUT, Trend is that the rate is diminishing for the recent cycles starting from 2013 because of more keen competition than ever.... need to be die-hard to get in.

"I gotta keep breathing, because tomorrow the sun will rise, who know what the tide could bring ?" - cASt aWAy

Reactions: 2 users
WL on 12/16, still haven't heard back yet...does this mean I probably don't have a chance?

WL on 12/16, still haven't heard back yet...does this mean I probably don't have a chance?
Can people stop with this? There's still a chance until you have a rejection letter in hand. There's no need to freak out. As has been said a million times, traffic day will dictate most wl movement. However, anecdotally, I was wl one month, removed the next. People are coming off the wl whether they're reporting it here or not. I understand wanting reassurance, but you gotta know that there's absolutely still a chance for everyone who isn't holding a rejection letter.

Stay positive, boo thangssss ;)

It is very stressful to be waitlisted as most of you have. Those accepted may want to practice empathy and consider the stress of the uncertainty. Just sayin'

Reactions: 6 users
The problem with being WLed is just not knowing whether I should start studying for the MCAT again or not.

Anyone know whether or not Wayne has a second look weekend?

It is very stressful to be waitlisted as most of you have. Those accepted may want to practice empathy and consider the stress of the uncertainty. Just sayin'
@sammiesings Has actually been super encouraging this whole time about the waitlist, people are just choosing not to listen/don't grasp that Wayne has a lot of WL movement!

Or they're like me and neurotic AF because Wayne was their only interview!
I'm really sorry for all that you are going through, I can only imagine the stress that you and others in similar situations must be going through right now. You have my best wishes! I really hope things turn out well in the end

anyone interview on 2/13 and didn't hear a response yesterday?

Anyone know whether or not Wayne has a second look weekend?

It does. A select number of applicants will receive invitations for two days in April. I personally chose Wayne Med after my own Second Look Day!

It does. A select number of applicants will receive invitations for two days in April. I personally chose Wayne Med after my own Second Look Day!
A select number? So everyone whose been accepted will not be invited?

A select number? So everyone whose been accepted will not be invited?

Not everyone! The rule of thumb is that usually people with more than one acceptances+ a few applicants with only one acceptance are invited. I know of a few people last year that called the admissions office and were then allowed to come afterwards though. It could be different for this year!

Not everyone! The rule of thumb is that usually people with more than one acceptances+ a few applicants with only one acceptance are invited. I know of a few people last year that called the admissions office and were then allowed to come afterwards though. It could be different for this year!
Makes sense! Thanks!

Just curious, does anyone's still say Med School in Review?

Reactions: 3 users
Just saw a dozen interviewees here. If they only knew they're about to get waitlisted!

Tbh, I don't really know but it seems like they're interviewing for the waitlist in February. (based on people here)

Sent from my LG-H918 using SDN mobile