2016 Western University of Health Science

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My overall gpa is 3.4, pre-req is 3.3 and 10 years of pharm tech experience....

Do you mind sharing which undergrad you attended?

Members don't see this ad.

Don't forget that people consistently get pulled off the waitlist during summer when students decide to drop their acceptance to go to a different school. A student I chatted with at Western told me that about half the students who matriculated last year were pulled off from the waitlist last year, including him. Keep that in mind as you wait:)

Hey, just to clarify, so the student told you that some waitlisted students were accepted in the summer?? Do you know if this is common o_O

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm sorry about the news guys :( but don't give up hope because alot of accepted students are also on hold for USC/UCSF and school usually pull off the list to fill their class.

Not sure what else I can say to ease up the mood, but if you have other interviews coming up maybe I can share some of my experiences to help?
I'm always down to help, so dont hesitate if you need anything.

I'm sorry about the news guys :( but don't give up hope because alot of accepted students are also on hold for USC/UCSF and school usually pull off the list to fill their class.

Not sure what else I can say to ease up the mood, but if you have other interviews coming up maybe I can share some of my experiences to help?
I'm always down to help, so dont hesitate if you need anything.
Are you a current student at WesternU? What year are you?

Hi everyone. I'm really sad that western takes forever to send out interview invitations.

I'm currently enrolled in a Biochem class at SMC where I circle for 2 hours to look for parking and dieeeeeee in traffic period.

I emailed them asking if they would at least let us know about interviews by the drop deadline for my class (FEB 23--- would really like my 400 dollars back and would like to avoid paying for the lab fees) and they just responded that they haven't received any update on when invitations would be sent out.

SUCKS. -_- I'm only taking the class for Western. And the funny part is, the last interview date is MY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!! :laugh:

:( really want to hear back from western because i really want to stay in california *sniff*

Hi everyone. I'm really sad that western takes forever to send out interview invitations.

I'm currently enrolled in a Biochem class at SMC where I circle for 2 hours to look for parking and dieeeeeee in traffic period.

I emailed them asking if they would at least let us know about interviews by the drop deadline for my class (FEB 23--- would really like my 400 dollars back and would like to avoid paying for the lab fees) and they just responded that they haven't received any update on when invitations would be sent out.

SUCKS. -_- I'm only taking the class for Western. And the funny part is, the last interview date is MY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!! :laugh:

:( really want to hear back from western because i really want to stay in california *sniff*

Sorry to hear that. I, too, am hoping to get an interview invite. Best of luck to us and others who are also hoping.:xf:

so you are waiting too? or just waitin on other schools? lol i thought you were a student too!

haha sorry for the confusion, I just went through the interview process and have friends in the program so figured I would help others that are considering the program and wanted to prepare for the interview.

I'm not waiting on Western, I'm waiting on one other school.

LOL, I'm in the same situation except with a Calculus class because I only have one quarter of Calc, and they don't take AP credit. >.>

Wow, yeah sorry to hear that! I had that situation with another school, but it wasn't such a priority so I just dropped my prereq class. Just curious, when was your interview to Roseman?

LOL, I'm in the same situation except with a Calculus class because I only have one quarter of Calc, and they don't take AP credit. >.>

LOL I had to do that in the Fall!!!!! I hadn't taken calc sinc 2006 so 5 years later.. i was like huh... but I got an A miraculously somehow lmao :soexcited:

Wow, yeah sorry to hear that! I had that situation with another school, but it wasn't such a priority so I just dropped my prereq class. Just curious, when was your interview to Roseman?

My interview was in November at Roseman, waiting was a killerrrrrrr. Dr. Deyoung was really nice though, I told him about my acceptance at WSU and then all of a sudden boom! Acceptance. I guess they don't want you till someone else does.. ain't that the truth lolol jkjk :laugh: I also had sent my fall transcripts really late to the school because community colleges like to take their sweet time sending out even when you pay for rush processing :diebanana:

Members don't see this ad :)

hello i am in the same situation. I am currently taking a physics class and a biology class at cal state san bernadino, when I hear back from western, hopefully an acceptance, I will just drop all these classes. I interviewed 1/28:)

hello i am in the same situation. I am currently taking a physics class and a biology class at cal state san bernadino, when I hear back from western, hopefully an acceptance, I will just drop all these classes. I interviewed 1/28:)

So you were not put on hold?

Does any one know if they put anyone on hold or rejected?

Same here , mine is the worst i believe its Anatomy .... It so hard i hope they have just sent these hold emails to keep us away from calling them... Thats weird that the admission told me they will not do any thing by tuesday ... And thy will send acceptance by the end of next week bc its too much work for them

So you were not put on hold?

Does any one know if they put anyone on hold or rejected?

Hmm yah, so @jill tabo you haven't heard from Western at all?? Possibly you got accepted because another member said admissions told them they got another list of acceptances but did not send them out yet....I believe they sent on all or most "holds" last Friday.

@crzycrys, I was put on hold :( so were you right? I don't think they're going to send out any rejections until after all interviews....

I'm hoping to hear back about an interview for the last date as well... Sorry to hear about your situation, but hopefully you get an interview for your birthday! I'm disappointed I haven't heard from them yet because my house is literally a 5 minute drive from Western, but what can you do?

On another note I hope you get good news from U of A! I'm the pre-pharmacy club president there and even though I didn't apply, it is a really great program. Best of luck :)

LOL I had to do that in the Fall!!!!! I hadn't taken calc sinc 2006 so 5 years later.. i was like huh... but I got an A miraculously somehow lmao :soexcited:

My interview was in November at Roseman, waiting was a killerrrrrrr. Dr. Deyoung was really nice though, I told him about my acceptance at WSU and then all of a sudden boom! Acceptance. I guess they don't want you till someone else does.. ain't that the truth lolol jkjk :laugh: I also had sent my fall transcripts really late to the school because community colleges like to take their sweet time sending out even when you pay for rush processing :diebanana:

Wowwww! How long did you have to wait for an acceptance?? My interview was 2/7, but I really don't know how long it'll take (I hear it does take months..). Were you just calling Dr. DeYoung for a check up and happened to tell him about your acceptance?

Please do not take this the wrong way. I'm very surprised that some of you have not finished your pre-reqs for this school. Its seems to be vital to finish them first, since this school gets many applicants every year :).

Please do not take this the wrong way. I'm very surprised that some of you have not finished your pre-reqs for this school. Its seems to be vital to finish them first, since this school gets many applicants every year :).

Isn't this normal nowadays? Because we apply for pharmacy school during our junior year of undergrad; this way, we are able to start pharm school the following fall after graduating with a BS degree. At least, that is my plan along with the majority of people who are already in pharm school. Many of the pharm schools I applied to told me that this is normal; that is why on the PharmCAS app, there is an "academic update" section that allows the pharm schools to see if you are/will be enrolled in the rest of the pre-reqs. Otherwise, would you finish all your pre-reqs, then apply, then wait a year?...

Isn't this normal nowadays? Because we apply for pharmacy school during our junior year of undergrad; this way, we are able to start pharm school the following fall after graduating with a BS degree. At least, that is my plan along with the majority of people who are already in pharm school. Many of the pharm schools I applied to told me that this is normal; that is why on the PharmCAS app, there is an "academic update" section that allows the pharm schools to see if you are/will be enrolled in the rest of the pre-reqs. Otherwise, would you finish all your pre-reqs, then apply, then wait a year?...

I know that very well. I tried that last year, but some of my rejection letters told me to finish pre-reqs earlier as a reason why I didn't get in. Also, I was vigilant with my progess and academic update.:)

I know that very well. I tried that last year, but some of my rejection letters told me to finish pre-reqs earlier as a reason why I didn't get in. Also, I was vigilant with my progess and academic update.:)

Aw, sorry/surprised to hear that! At least you won't have that same problem this time around? I am finishing up my pre-reqs and graduating this semester; luckily I have yet to experience what you went through!

Aw, sorry/surprised to hear that! At least you won't have that same problem this time around? I am finishing up my pre-reqs and graduating this semester; luckily I have yet to experience what you went through!

Its only a small factor of a big picture. Don't sweat it too much, but make sure your pre-reqs are rock solid in terms of completion and grades. I'm sure you know that by now.

Its only a small factor of a big picture. Don't sweat it too much, but make sure your pre-reqs are rock solid in terms of completion and grades. I'm sure you know that by now.

I agree with you, but I would like to add that it may weigh differently depending on what pre-req you are still lacking/in-progress. Anatomy/Physiology may be much more heavily weighted than economics when they are evaluating an applicant's file. (I might be wrong)

I am also a re-applicant.

I agree with you, but I would like to add that it may weigh differently depending on what pre-req you are still lacking/in-progress. Anatomy/Physiology may be much more heavily weighted than economics when they are evaluating an applicant's file. (I might be wrong)

I am also a re-applicant.

I am not applying to this campus, but I believe they do weigh anatomy more than economic. I mean knowing the human body to help patients is more important than knowing the Marginal Profit from your career, lol.

I got my hold email on Friday as well too, I was wondering we should expect to hear some news after the next interview... or they may pull some off us from hold during the process ?

I got my hold email on Friday as well too, I was wondering we should expect to hear some news after the next interview... or they may pull some off us from hold during the process ?

Is hold different from alternate?

seen these words used interchangeably but i think someone explained the difference a long time ago.

seen these words used interchangeably but i think someone explained the difference a long time ago.

Yes, they are different. A hold can be changed to accepted, alternate, or rejected. Alternate is more like an "official waitlist;" on orientation day, I remember someone saying alternate is better than hold :(

hold means they didn't make any decision about ur application u can be accepted , alternate or rejected...but alternate means they are waiting for some one decline the offer and then they can give it to u.....but I believe at this point we only have hold status ..alternate is at the end of process....maybe I am wrong...

Yes, they are different. A hold can be changed to accepted, alternate, or rejected. Alternate is more like an "official waitlist;" on orientation day, I remember someone saying alternate is better than hold :(

hold means they didn't make any decision about ur application u can be accepted , alternate or rejected...but alternate means they are waiting for some one decline the offer and then they can give it to u.....but I believe at this point we only have hold status ..alternate is at the end of process....maybe I am wrong...

That sucks man. Even USC is accepting some of their AC people, how come Western is not placing people on alternate list. Why is Western playing hard to get this year?

That sucks man. Even USC is accepting some of their AC people, how come Western is not placing people on alternate list. Why is Western playing hard to get this year?
lool because I APPLIED this year , and this is my luck .....:luck:

Dont worry you still have a while until class starts, dont give up hope yet. What other school's have you applied to?
I applied for USC and I am in AC now , and also LLU which i didnt get interview yet ....

I applied for USC and I am in AC now , and also LLU which i didnt get interview yet ....

only 3 schools? dang, I can't imagine how nervous you are right now.

Hope good news come for you man, hang in there.

only 3 schools? dang, I can't imagine how nervous you are right now.

Hope good news come for you man, hang in there.
I know I was so stupid ,I should have applied to more schools, but its too late ...thanks Good Luck to u too...

I know I was so stupid ,I should have applied to more schools, but its too late ...thanks Good Luck to u too...

Thank you, I have 2 more interviews coming up then I'm finally done. This whole process is just tiring and draining.

Wowwww! How long did you have to wait for an acceptance?? My interview was 2/7, but I really don't know how long it'll take (I hear it does take months..). Were you just calling Dr. DeYoung for a check up and happened to tell him about your acceptance?

I interviewed in November. Apparently, they never received updates from my fall grades because Community Colleges suck and rip you off when you pay for rush processing. I told him about my acceptance at Wash State and he proceeded to contact me and we played phone tag for 3 days before I got to speak with him. He just asked my grades from fall and I told him, and once I did he was like well, I'm just going to go ahead and offer you a spot! :soexcited: I was like WHAAAAAA, with no transcript??? But yayayayay anyways!

I'm hoping to hear back about an interview for the last date as well... Sorry to hear about your situation, but hopefully you get an interview for your birthday! I'm disappointed I haven't heard from them yet because my house is literally a 5 minute drive from Western, but what can you do?

On another note I hope you get good news from U of A! I'm the pre-pharmacy club president there and even though I didn't apply, it is a really great program. Best of luck :)

OMG YOU ARE GOOD LUCK FOR ME :soexcited: I got into U of A last night. I'm in Cancun for a wedding so the website wasn't working for me until I used the hotel computer.

So you live in Pomona but went to U of A for undergrad? It's so far T_T And all the kids made me depressed because they said Tucson sucked. LOL. Uhh... :confused:

I interviewed in November. Apparently, they never received updates from my fall grades because Community Colleges suck and rip you off when you pay for rush processing. I told him about my acceptance at Wash State and he proceeded to contact me and we played phone tag for 3 days before I got to speak with him. He just asked my grades from fall and I told him, and once I did he was like well, I'm just going to go ahead and offer you a spot! :soexcited: I was like WHAAAAAA, with no transcript??? But yayayayay anyways!
Which school are u guys talking about western?

Which school are u guys talking about western?

No, Roseman University lol. I saw this person on the other thread so I just decided to comment here :p Sorry for the confusion!

OMG YOU ARE GOOD LUCK FOR ME :soexcited: I got into U of A last night. I'm in Cancun for a wedding so the website wasn't working for me until I used the hotel computer.

So you live in Pomona but went to U of A for undergrad? It's so far T_T And all the kids made me depressed because they said Tucson sucked. LOL. Uhh... :confused:

Wowww nice!!! I should call and see if they need my fall grades yet...I didn't know they may need that to make the final decision -_- And congrats on U of A!!!!! :D

I think they want to wait until they have interviewed all applicants before they decide who gets to be on the alternate list :/ Were they easier last year???

I think they want to wait until they have interviewed all applicants before they decide who gets to be on the alternate list :/ Were they easier last year???

I honestly have no clue about last year. I applied 2 years ago. I didn't even think I could get in with the kind of stats I have...

I honestly have no clue about last year. I applied 2 years ago. I didn't even think I could get in with the kind of stats I have...
same with me lol! but i did call and ask if they have sent out any rejections to western's 1/28 candidates and she did say yes...

so thats good and bad news for us... good that they did eliminate some but bad to those who were eliminated =/

same with me lol! but i did call and ask if they have sent out any rejections to western's 1/28 candidates and she did say yes...

so thats good and bad news for us... good that they did eliminate some but bad to those who were eliminated =/

really ? so we were lucky that we didn't get rejected ....but I dont we should believe them or not since they are telling each of us different things ....:xf:

really ? so we were lucky that we didn't get rejected ....but I dont we should believe them or not since they are telling each of us different things ....:xf:

oh so they told you that none were rejected?? interesting...