2016 Western University of Health Science

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
so for those who haven't got any invite from Western.. we can be sure that we got rejected this cycle, right?

Members don't see this ad.

so for those who haven't got any invite from Western.. we can be sure that we got rejected this cycle, right?

I wouldn't give up hope yet, this is still 3 weeks away from the interview date. Everyone typically get invited 2 weeks prior, not sure why people are getting invited super early for this last date.

Hang in there, the invite will come.

I know its really hard but hang in there... dont lose ur hope I got an interview 4 days before the interview date ....Good Luck :xf:

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got my acceptance via email today. However, I'll be declining, so hopefully one of you guys will get my spot!

Just got my accceptance email as well at about 5 pm!! Hope everyone else gets good news as well!!

congratulations to those accepted, and to those still waiting...hang in there!!

I did not receive any email today too. It meant I was not accepted like you too. Sad face.

I didn't get any email from Western, too......

Did they change their methods of contacting students now?
They called the students for the first interview date.

Members don't see this ad :)
well.. i just hope i can hear back from them... so i can cancel all other interviews I have at the end of Feb ... mail phone watever it is!!!!!!!! lol

I dont want to give you anything definitive but I didn't hear back until the 2nd or 3rd day of someone first saying they got accepted I believe.

Got my acceptance email today as well around 4ish!! but i will declining so another spot is up for grabs. Best of luck to all and hang in there. i'm sure they're going to be sending out emails all this week :)

Got my acceptance email today as well around 4ish!! but i will declining so another spot is up for grabs. Best of luck to all and hang in there. i'm sure they're going to be sending out emails all this week :)

Thankx for the look out! :)

Still havnt receive news from my top two schools (UCSD and Western U) :(
Hopefully tomorrow *cross fingers

Did they change their methods of contacting students now?
They called the students for the first interview date.

Everyone gets an email for sure but not everyone gets a phone call. The phone call depends on the interviewer, some interviewer calls everyone they interview that gets accepted, some don't call at all, and some only call the ones they really like.

did u get the acceptance email or hold?

I got a call by the interviewer when I was accepted, which surprised me quite a bit since I never encountered that before.

Everyone gets an email for sure but not everyone gets a phone call. The phone call depends on the interviewer, some interviewer calls everyone they interview that gets accepted, some don't call at all, and some only call the ones they really like.

Oh okay, thanks for the information. Interviewer calling is something different from what schools usually do to notify students.

Hang in there everyone, I would wait until Friday to worry about anything.

at least you're accepted to schools/// i need to get accepted to ONE lol

at least you're accepted to schools/// i need to get accepted to ONE lol
Same here , I am so nervous ... Guys plz let us know if any one u get any email or call for their status today ...

Hi everyone,
I got my acceptance email yesturday too. Good luck to those waiting :)

Hey I think I met you at Western Interview. So you are not going to Pacific Oregon Interview next week?

Does any one know when do they usually start sending emails for hold or alternative people.... ?

Some of my friends aren't even told they are hold, they just never hear back until they called admissions to find out.

Hey I think I met you at Western Interview. So you are not going to Pacific Oregon Interview next week?

Hey Dan. Yea I remember u. And no I'm not going to Oregon. Y car broke down and I have no money to go now lo. Gotta fix the car so going is not an option now. :(

Do u think we have to call them or is still too early to do it ?

I think if you havent heard by monday next week you can call.

I may not be 100% correct but I don't think admissions spend all day emailing or calling students about their acceptance. When you get accepted, you get access to emails and bunch of student related stuff. Maybe they are waiting on IT to set up different access before contacting students and other logistical businesses. That's why I suggest those of you still waiting to not freak out until few days after the first person said they got admitted.

I may not be 100% correct but I don't think admissions spend all day emailing or calling students about their acceptance. When you get accepted, you get access to emails and bunch of student related stuff. Maybe they are waiting on IT to set up different access before contacting students and other logistical businesses. That's why I suggest those of you still waiting to not freak out until few days after the first person said they got admitted.

Oh thanks if this is the case it makes sense ....

yes I am ...it seems i have to just wait and wait .. but its really hard...I had interview for USC in OCT...

arent they doing that 15 acceptance per date thing then reevaluate everyone in the end this year?

seems a bit pointless for rolling admissions :cool: oh well. I actually have a better impression of Western than USC....so we shall see.

yes I am ...it seems i have to just wait and wait .. but its really hard...I had interview for USC in OCT...

Best of luck to you! Au least you got an interview for USC lol but ultimately which school do you prefer?

arent they doing that 15 acceptance per date thing then reevaluate everyone in the end this year?

seems a bit pointless for rolling admissions :cool: oh well. I actually have a better impression of Western than USC....so we shall see.
Exactly , I liked the western much more better than USC... but there is nothing I can do at this point...where ever wants me ,I will go :D:xf:

Best of luck to you! Au least you got an interview for USC lol but ultimately which school do you prefer?
I like western better the impression that they gave me was much more better than USC...But we all know USC has the name ...

Exactly , I liked the western much more better than USC... but there is nothing I can do at this point...where ever wants me ,I will go :D:xf:

Positive thought: if both schools accept you, you will save money on deposits since they will be almost same time frame.

I like western better the impression that they gave me was much more better than USC...But we all know USC has the name ...

that name does lure thousands of applicants. I have friends in both schools and different class levels and their opinions of respective schools are an interesting comparison lol.

Why would they give student access when they dont even know if that student will accept their aceptance offer? kinda weird lol

Positive thought: if both schools accept you, you will save money on deposits since they will be almost same time frame.
thanksI hope .... right now the only thing that I dont think is the money part.. I hope one of them at least get me ....:xf:

Why would they give student access when they dont even know if that student will accept their aceptance offer? kinda weird lol

not sure but you get a westernu email set up already when you get accepted.

Hey guys, i interviewed 1/29 and i got my acceptance e-mail yesterday also, good luck to all of you. Dont lose hope im sure they will be sending e-mails till next week.

Hey guys, i interviewed 1/29 and i got my acceptance e-mail yesterday also, good luck to all of you. Dont lose hope im sure they will be sending e-mails till next week.
congratz ...they didny mention how many people they accepted this round ?

My overall gpa is 3.4, pre-req is 3.3 and 10 years of pharm tech experience....

congratz ...they didny mention how many people they accepted this round ?

i heard they accepted 35 the first round, and will be accepting around 40-50 the 2nd round (since there are more interviewees the 2nd round)