2016 Western University of Health Science

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
If you were placed on hold they should have already told you by now since they let me know the same day that they accepted people I was put on hold. As for interviews there was close to 120 people interviewing on Dec 10. I also don't know what to do, I've been accepted to UOP but I'm on hold for western :(

Members don't see this ad.

If you were placed on hold they should have already told you by now since they let me know the same day that they accepted people I was put on hold. As for interviews there was close to 120 people interviewing on Dec 10. I also don't know what to do, I've been accepted to UOP but I'm on hold for western :(

You prefer Western over UOP? If so, what are your reasons?

So has anyone else received a call from Western for an interview today? I haven't received anything from them since November when they said that my app was ready to be reviewed...

Members don't see this ad :)
So has anyone else received a call from Western for an interview today? I haven't received anything from them since November when they said that my app was ready to be reviewed...

I just called them she said, she is currently making phone calls till tomorrow ..good luck everyone :xf:

I don't much about Pacific. I prefer western because
-I would like to stay close to home
-I'm worried about doing a 3yr program as opposed to a 4yr
-Smaller class size (pacific is 200students as opposed to western's 120)
-I know more about western (I've visited the place a few times) I've only been to pacific once and the only thing I know about it is on the school's website

It sounds like you'd prefer UOP is there any particular reason why? I'd love to get more input on the school

-I know more about western (I've visited the place a few times) I've only been to pacific once and the only thing I know about it is on the school's website

It sounds like you'd prefer UOP is there any particular reason why? I'd love to get more input on the school

Thank you for your input, hopefully you hear back from Western soon! :thumbup:

I guess we're the opposite because I don't mind living far from home. A 3-year program sounds amazing but challenging at the same time. Another thing I considered is the smaller loan that I'd have to take out, especially since I'll be paying every dime of it :(.

I guess we're the opposite because I don't mind living far from home. A 3-year program sounds amazing but challenging at the same time. Another thing I considered is the smaller loan that I'd have to take out, especially since I'll be paying every dime of it :(.

I've actually calculated roughly and thought about this long and hard. Since we are all in southern california, have you taken into account that it's actually cheaper over 4 years. This is assuming you'll need all (or most) of the financial need shown on UOP website and taking away major expenses such as living while living in socal.

For me, UOP actually came out to be more expensive over 3 years when compared to Western over 4 years :scared:

I've actually calculated roughly and thought about this long and hard. Since we are all in southern california, have you taken into account that it's actually cheaper over 4 years. This is assuming you'll need all (or most) of the financial need shown on UOP website and taking away major expenses such as living while living in socal.

For me, UOP actually came out to be more expensive over 3 years when compared to Western over 4 years :scared:

Even if that's true, don't forget that staying an extra year in school means you're losing 1 yr of salary as a pharmacist! Include that in your cost calculations as well.

Even if that's true, don't forget that staying an extra year in school means you're losing 1 yr of salary as a pharmacist! Include that in your cost calculations as well.

quoted for truth.

I guess I wasn't counting the uncertainty of finding a job right away upon obtaining license but could be go both ways. Good point nonetheless.

Both schools are good nonetheless. I would just rather be out quicker... before my high school reunion? LOL!

It's probably best to go the school closest to where you wish to reside in the future because you will most likely be interning/rotating in that area and your internship or rotation locations may lead you to a job. I think Pacific does have rotation sites all over the state though right? Western seems to be more localized to SoCal though.

Members don't see this ad :)
It's probably best to go the school closest to where you wish to reside in the future because you will most likely be interning/rotating in that area and your internship or rotation locations may lead you to a job. I think Pacific does have rotation sites all over the state though right? Western seems to be more localized to SoCal though.

If I may ask, are you choosing between UOP and Western?

If I may ask, are you choosing between UOP and Western?

Well, I've only gotten into Western so far. My interview at Pacific is tomorrow - I haven't visited the school yet so I'll get a better idea tomorrow. I'm still waiting to interview at UCSF in mid-Feb and I would say that's my top choice :xf:

Well, I've only gotten into Western so far. My interview at Pacific is tomorrow - I haven't visited the school yet so I'll get a better idea tomorrow. I'm still waiting to interview at UCSF in mid-Feb and I would say that's my top choice :xf:

Good Luck, UCSF is a amazing school. And don't worry about the pacific interview they're very nice!

Good luck!!

i am losing all hope.. i haven't heard from any schools and i applied in october 20th for all schools: california northstate, touro, and western. i guess this is it for me..:(

i am losing all hope.. i haven't heard from any schools and i applied in october 20th for all schools: california northstate, touro, and western. i guess this is it for me..:(

in terms of interviews or acceptance letters?

Did they give you a call or did they emailed you when they told you that you were placed on hold?

I know what u feel but dont feel that bad mine is the worst ..I applied late july and all the schools got my pharmCAS in Aug...I haven't heard any thing from any schools except USC...

I know what u feel but dont feel that bad mine is the worst ..I applied late july and all the schools got my pharmCAS in Aug...I haven't heard any thing from any schools except USC...

It's not looking good for me either. I haven't heard anything back from western. I'm guessing you didn't receive an interview invite either, ghoorii?

Yes I didn't ..I just got the first interview for usc ...they put me on hold ... Its so hard the waiting part is killing me ... I thought I have an almost good GPA ..I just try to stay positive

Did western university send out the interview invites for January?

I think all interview invites have already been sent out for January 28th. There may be a possibility they can still call people next week but I think thats if they get cancellations or anything of that nature. I think they have already called everyone. So we can still stay hopeful for March 3 : /

Did anyone on sdn get an a new interview invite for the jan 28? Not reschedules but new...

Did western university send out the interview invites for January?

I didn't hear anything from any one yet ...but when I called them yesterday ,they said they just started making phone calls...

They are still doing phone calls for interviews. I just got a phone call today around noon and it's for January 28th.

Sucks for anyone who is flying in from out of state. I just wish Western would allow students to plan ahead like all other schools do.

Don't give up just yet you guys :) It's only January, two more months to go! Stay positive and confident! Good luck!

Did they give you a call or did they emailed you when they told you that you were placed on hold?

They emailed me, the same day they emailed acceptances.

Does anyone happen to know if we can defer admission?

I don't think you can defer admission. From what I remember, I think you have a couple of weeks to turn in your deposit. I just received an email stating that my deposit was received.

Oh that's strange, I have yet to receive an email from them and I had an interview on Dec 10th. I wonder if I should call them? Did anyone else got a hold letter?

Oh that's strange, I have yet to receive an email from them and I had an interview on Dec 10th. I wonder if I should call them? Did anyone else got a hold letter?

I interviewed in December, and I also received an email about my hold status the same day acceptances were emailed.

They called me yesterday (1/20/12) around 4pm if I could make the interview on Jan 28

I was called yesterday and will have an interview next saturday. I will arrive at LA airport at night. Could you let me know how to get to Western campus from the airport by public transportation? I don't have a car and plan to find a hotel close to the campus and then walk to the interveiw cite. Thank you very much.

Are there any current Western students lurking on this thread? Some of the other schools' boards do so I thought I'd ask :)

I was called yesterday and will have an interview next saturday. I will arrive at LA airport at night. Could you let me know how to get to Western campus from the airport by public transportation? I don't have a car and plan to find a hotel close to the campus and then walk to the interveiw cite. Thank you very much.

Yikes! Pomona is around a 2 hour drive from the airport!! I'm from the area so not sure about the public transportation, but good luck!

LAX is about 50 miles from Western, just under an hour drive. Is there any way that you can fly into Ontario Airport? It's about 20 minutes from campus. As for public transportation, not too sure.

I'm sure there are bus routes that can take you to around Pomona area but that may take way too much time. If you don't mind paying a bit more, SuperShuttle may be a good way to get to your hotel.

I agree with AMG CYN if you can fly into Ontario Airport instead of LAX that would be much closer. From Ontario Airport you can take a taxi to Pomona.

I just found that it can cost more than $400 from San Francisco to Ontario, while it costs less than $200 from San Francisco to LAX. Anyone knows some website to find cheaper tickets and hotels?
Is there any suppershuttle service at LAX?
Thank you very much.

Last edited:
i just got an interview invite today at 11. so they are still making calls.

I just found that it can cost more than $400 from San Francisco to Ontario, while it costs less than $200 from San Francisco to LAX. Anyone knows some website to find cheaper tickets and hotels?
Thank you very much.

yes there is a supershuttle.

Thank you very much.

kayak.com is usually where I check prices

You flying southwest? It's the cheapest but may not be since you're booking a flight a little tight schedule.

$200 fly to LAX + $100 shuttle > $400 fly to Ontario + $30 cab ride

i got an interview invite (via phone call) today for this saturday 1/28. can't make it this weekend, so i rescheduled to 3/3!