2016 Western University of Health Science

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I dont think so, since summer classes usually ends in August and orientation will start August 6th I think. But it never hurts to ask, perhaps they will make an exception.

Are you located souther california? There are saddleback college, irvine valley college, orange coast college, golden western college, pasadena city college, santa monica college, mt sac college, just to name a few where you can use as alternatives.

Anatomy is truly a very annoying requirement to fill because it's the most popular course among medical professional schools requirement. :(

Hope everything works out for you!

aww you're so sweet, thanks :) unfortunately, all the classes have started last week, so it's too late :( i just find it strange why i never received any lack evaluation letter.

Members don't see this ad.

Did you put anatomy as one of the planned courses? if you did, they may have assumed you'll finish it by matriculation.

I'm sorry about the scheduling conflict....maybe give them a call Monday and kept trying different community colleges.

If you have previously attended a community college and have a lot of units, then you should have a chance in taking anatomy in the summer. However, if you don't, then it is very difficult. That class is so impacted that it'll fill up by the time your registration date is open. Many if not all SoCal cc's go strictly by the wait-list system now so it is hard to petition.

Members don't see this ad :)
I thought you have to have all pre-requisits completed by June 1st, 2012?

Coastline community college's summer anatomy class ends july 31st when i took it there, but they might not have a summer session due to budget cuts. However, i don't think its gotten that bad for them yet. Your ray of hope may be there. Good luck.

Coastline community college's summer anatomy class ends july 31st when i took it there, but they might not have a summer session due to budget cuts. However, i don't think its gotten that bad for them yet. Your ray of hope may be there. Good luck.

They accept anatomy from coastline? =X

you guys go to coastline too!! this is so awesome!!! i went to coastline!! this is a really small world lol!

Members don't see this ad :)
There are people stressing to get an interview, then there are people stressing over to form a facebook page. Doesn't this kind of irritate some people?

Wasn't intended to irrate anyone, it is simply a place where people can meet others before school starts. Just to see what other students are like since you will see the same faces for the next 4 years?

Not forcing anyone to join nor stressing about creating a group, completely voluntary.

Sorry if any ill-intention was conveyed.

Last edited:
There are people stressing to get an interview, then there are people stressing over to form a facebook page. Doesn't this kind of irritate some people?

Ehh people stress out no matter what their situation is. Homeless people stress out about finding food and a place to sleep. You don't stress out about that because you have those nice things but you stress out about getting an interview. I don't stress out about interviews because I have acceptances (not trying to be mean) but I stress out about which school to go to and the cost of pharmacy school and maybe things that you wish you could stress out about. Then there are situations which I were in that I WISH I could stress out about lol. My point is just because you have more than someone else doesn't mean you have to lounge around and eat cake and party, you still have things to do and decisions to make. I know this is about a silly facebook group but I hope it calms your irritation and you see things from a different perspective :)

Speaking of interview. I hope I get an interview for the last date. :xf:

Ehh people stress out no matter what their situation is. Homeless people stress out about finding food and a place to sleep. You don't stress out about that because you have those nice things but you stress out about getting an interview. I don't stress out about interviews because I have acceptances (not trying to be mean) but I stress out about which school to go to and the cost of pharmacy school and maybe things that you wish you could stress out about. Then there are situations which I were in that I WISH I could stress out about lol. My point is just because you have more than someone else doesn't mean you have to lounge around and eat cake and party, you still have things to do and decisions to make. I know this is about a silly facebook group but I hope it calms your irritation and you see things from a different perspective :)

I know many people are struggling for years to get into pharmacy school and the odds are significantly stacked against them. I feel their empathy. Some of things you have mention in your "stress list" are a luxuries to these people. They do not care about cost and all they want is just get in to a pharmacy school. I hope you can see it from their perspective. I know your intentions are good, but you have no right to compare yourself to a homeless person like that. I dislike it when people have that "zippidy do-dah" feeling after given admission into a pharmacy school. Sadly to say, I like you even less after writing what you wrote. Lastly, I am not going to prepare myself for a war with you in this thread. Please do not reply back to me. I will not respond back to you. You have offended me.:(

Last edited:
Let's just all be civil, we could all be classmates one day or even colleagues.

I think what was meant to be said was people have their stresses as they progress through the different stages of application process. I didn't mean to start anything by creating the group, just wanted everyone to meet each other before school begins.

I wish you the best of luck. :thumbup:

The fact that there were about 5 posts going in circles about a facebook group - Yes
People stressing out about getting an interview- No, because it is understandable, I guess...

Thank you for dissecting my points. What I was really trying to convey is that worrying about getting an interview is more important than worrying about a facebook page. Now, I would like this thread to get back on track...Is there any other relevant information about the admission process at Western that we shall discuss? Or are there any other questions people have?:thumbup: (Do not be shy about this)

Stig Pharm, I didn't mean to offend you. I tried to make my post harmless and my point was to offer you a different perspective. Like someone else said, my point was to show that as you progress through the application process you will start thinking about other things. It's understandable that you're stressing about the interview but this is a general thread for Western so I don't see why students who have already been accepted can't discuss things related to students who have been accepted. Just because you're waiting for an interview doesn't mean the rest of us can't discuss things related to our acceptances to avoid hurting people who haven't been accepted yet. Come on now that's silly....yes my concerns may be luxuries to other people but YOUR concerns are a luxury to other people (maybe some people didn't make the cut-off GPA so they weren't even able to apply) and again, other people's worries are a luxury to me. If you want to be a pharmacist someday you need to grow some thicker skin. That's constructive criticism so don't get offended.

I think we should here some news by the end of this week ....:xf:

Interview invited via email 2 days ago :)

Don't western usually send interview invites 2 weeks ahead? It's still got a little bit more than 3 weeks until March 3rd, I wouldn't worry too much if anyone hasn't heard anything yet.

I posted back during second interview so I'll post again. Are there any questions or concerns about the interview? I might be able to answer any questions to calm the nerves a little bit. Some people PM'd me questions so feel free to do so as well if you prefer that method. I have quite a bit insight to Western since I was researching the school and program via many methods back in January.

Don't western usually send interview invites 2 weeks ahead? It's still got a little bit more than 3 weeks until March 3rd, I wouldn't worry too much if anyone hasn't heard anything yet.

I posted back during second interview so I'll post again. Are there any questions or concerns about the interview? I might be able to answer any questions to calm the nerves a little bit. Some people PM'd me questions so feel free to do so as well if you prefer that method. I have quite a bit insight to Western since I was researching the school and program via many methods back in January.

I was surprised. I got the invite 2 days ago from email as well. Anyways, thank you so much for offering to help out others by answering questions about the program. Their website doesn't have too much. Expect a PM from me soon :)

I thought most of the interview invites are through phone. Does anyone know if they change their method of invitation? Or are they using both phone and email?

Hi guys im new to sdn, i interviewed on 1/28 and Im also very anxious to hear from western. I keep checking my email and sdn many times throughout the day, hopefully we find out soon.

I hope we hear back from them some time next week!

I hope they have their act together in distributing invitations for this LAST interview. I feel like I only have a few chips left in a poker match and I'm going all in...:luck:'Hoping for a miracle to happen.

I hope they have their act together in distributing invitations for this LAST interview. I feel like I only have a few chips left in a poker match and I'm going all in...:luck:'Hoping for a miracle to happen.

Apparently people have already received invites via e-mail. I'm hoping that there's more invites left or else that is it for us. :oops:

DON'T lose hope ... I went through the same mentality as you did...kinda hopeless...wishing for a miracle...this and that... I'm still crossing my fingers for a miracle of getting accepted..I hate this feeling...but I'm sure you'll hear from them...I didnt hear from them until 5 days before the interview! tof still got time

Don't forget that people consistently get pulled off the waitlist during summer when students decide to drop their acceptance to go to a different school. A student I chatted with at Western told me that about half the students who matriculated last year were pulled off from the waitlist last year, including him. Keep that in mind as you wait:)

It's monday! And approximately 3 weeks from the interview date. The time for anticipation is now! :xf:

just spoke with one of the admission reps... they said they wont know until next week =[

just spoke with one of the admission reps... they said they wont know until next week =[
When did you get interview? I got interview 1/28. I am waiting for email from Western. You mean that they will send email next week for results of 1/28 interview or to get invitation of interview?

Hey does anyone know how they make their decision on who to admit after your interview? Are they just basing it off your interview performance or will they go back and look at your whole application to see how you do overall?

Hey does anyone know how they make their decision on who to admit after your interview? Are they just basing it off your interview performance or will they go back and look at your whole application to see how you do overall?

i think it was mentioned that it was 50% interview, 20% essay, 30% application... or 30 essay, 20 app, not too sure.

When did you get interview? I got interview 1/28. I am waiting for email from Western. You mean that they will send email next week for results of 1/28 interview or to get invitation of interview?

I am waiting for results from that interview session as well!