Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I mean...
LMAO I just got called out hard huh. Honestly even though my stats are good, my ECs are just average. Definitely haven’t cured cancer or saved a baby. So I really wasn’t expecting an II.
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I mean...
Congratulations! Did you apply HST as well?I am absolutely in shock... just received an II today! Complete 9/24, II received on 11/17. LizzyM is 80+.
I mean...
Congratulations! Did you apply HST as well?
Same. Almost exact same complete date too.Dead silence, was complete 7/21 🙁
+2!Same. Almost exact same complete date too.
do you know how many dates they have ahead?I am absolutely in shock... just received an II today! Complete 9/24, II received on 11/17. LizzyM is 80+.
Congrats!!! Lizzy M and complete date?II for Pathways. Dates available early-mid December.
Complete late august. High stats (though not crazy)Congrats!!! Lizzy M and complete date?
Congrats on the interview! 😀 It's a very loosely structured day, as you might have heard. You'll likely have a brief curriculum/financial aid talk in the morning, then receive your interview times and head off on your own -- they could be anywhere from the nearby hospitals to the undergrad campus, in which case they'll give you taxi vouchers to get there yourself.Pathways II! Harvard came through with another reason to be thankful for this thanksgiving.
LM ~76. Completed mid-July. As mentioned by someone above, dates were available into late Dec; they also do saturday interviews, how considerate!
Anyone care to share what the interview experience is like here?
When does Harvard start sending out pre II rejections?
my understanding is that they really don't. It's more like post interview season rejection.
This. Most of the top 20 schools follow this format.
If you wanted to know where your chances are basically nill; if you haven't received an interview a month before the schools interview cycle ends, then it is basically over for that school. Most schools will give you at least 3-4 weeks to select and prepare for the interview.
Note, however, that this means end of January for most schools. As in, schools still offer interviews in December, and January for their final February/March interviews. So although chances are slimmer as they go, you don't lose all hope until really end of January.
There is an SDN list somewhere for top 20 schools that pre-interview reject. UCSF, Pritzker, Stanford, Cornell, Vanderbilt to name a few. Penn and Duke used to write Status of Deaths sometime in the middle of the season before the season was over. Don't know if that holds this season.
Yea this is what I meant. Schools like NYU and Uchicago work faster than the rest and schools like Cornell and Yale work a little slower.
I don't have a serious answer for you, but I mean it's Harvard. They have like a 70% yield without even offering merit scholarships. I can't imagine they would put much stock into LOIsWhat’s the policy on LOIs for Harvard post interview? Does anyone know if they accept, cant remember from interview day.
What’s the policy on LOIs for Harvard post interview? Does anyone know if they accept, cant remember from interview day.

II for pathways!! 😀
Multiple dates available in mid December and 1st week of Jan
Thank you! I was complete mid JulyCongrats! When were you complete?
+1II for pathways!! 😀
Multiple dates available in mid December and 1st week of Jan
@Scoot14 @daydreamerr Do you mind sharing your stats, please? 🙂II for pathways!! 😀
Multiple dates available in mid December and 1st week of Jan
Sure, LM 75 complete mid August, totally surprised about the invite!@Scoot14 @daydreamerr Do you mind sharing your stats, please? 🙂
Congrats! The II was for MD, not MSTP, correct?Sure, LM 75 complete mid August, totally surprised about the invite!
Yes, correctCongrats! The II was for MD, not MSTP, correct?
Congratulations!Sure, LM 75 complete mid August, totally surprised about the invite!
thank youCongratulations!
congrats!II today. I was shook.
thank you\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\Congratulations!
congratulations!II for pathways!! 😀
Multiple dates available in mid December and 1st week of Jan
Congrats!!II for pathways!! 😀
Multiple dates available in mid December and 1st week of Jan
Congrats!+2 complete early August
Nope, definitely an assigned interview date. The HST one says rescheduling is not possible due to scheduling constraints, but the Pathways one makes no mention of it. That being said, I'd rather have them together instead of flying out to Boston twiceCheck again, they didn't assign me a date. Maybe you read it wrong? (They do give a date when you must schedule it by).
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.