You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2025-2026 Harvard
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
howlatthemoon
Full Member
Is it true that the interview at Harvard is just a 'checkmark' and a formality? And the interviewers don't really play a role in decisions?
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
medluma
Full Member
I don’t think so twin, would understand this sentiment for brown or michigan but harvard interviews lots of folks 🤔Is it true that the interview at Harvard is just a 'checkmark' and a formality? And the interviewers don't really play a role in decisions?
Where did you hear this?Is it true that the interview at Harvard is just a 'checkmark' and a formality? And the interviewers don't really play a role in decisions?
morak
Full Member
Pressing X on this bc no way they go from ~1000 II --> ~150 As without the interview matteringIs it true that the interview at Harvard is just a 'checkmark' and a formality? And the interviewers don't really play a role in decisions?
morak
Full Member
It was not intense at all, so don't worry! One of my interviewers was pretty formulaic and poker-faced the entire time (so I honestly have no judgement for how that interview went), but the other one was super sweet and conversational. It was an absolutely standard traditional interview, no extra pressure at all imo. Your experience just depends on who you get as your interviewers, as with any traditional interviewDoes anyone have tips on how to prepare for the pathways interview? I’m a little nervous with how people are saying the interview is quite intense
Agree! I had pathways last week and it felt just a little bit more in-depth than the other traditional interviews. Definitely not one you should be stressed for, but don't go in without at least reviewing your application a little bitIt was not intense at all, so don't worry! One of my interviewers was pretty formulaic and poker-faced the entire time (so I honestly have no judgement for how that interview went), but the other one was super sweet and conversational. It was an absolutely standard traditional interview, no extra pressure at all imo. Your experience just depends on who you get as your interviewers, as with any traditional interview
Today? Day before Thanksgiving?+1 INTL HST II! Complete 07/30
I think this depends a lot on your interviewer. I got hard roasted in my pathway interview but hst went fine, definitely more in-depth than other schools though.Agree! I had pathways last week and it felt just a little bit more in-depth than the other traditional interviews. Definitely not one you should be stressed for, but don't go in without at least reviewing your application a little bit
same lol one of my interviewers was a real oppI think this depends a lot on your interviewer. I got hard roasted in my pathway interview but hst went fine, definitely more in-depth than other schools though.
medluma
Full Member
anonymooseee i'm scaredsame lol one of my interviewers was a real opp
exact same experience for me lolIt was not intense at all, so don't worry! One of my interviewers was pretty formulaic and poker-faced the entire time (so I honestly have no judgement for how that interview went), but the other one was super sweet and conversational. It was an absolutely standard traditional interview, no extra pressure at all imo. Your experience just depends on who you get as your interviewers, as with any traditional interview
yep! i was so shocked since it's my first II tooToday? Day before Thanksgiving?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
dont be im just unlucky lmao, the other interviewer was very chill, we mostly talked about our families 😛anonymooseee i'm scared
Equivalent-Pudding15
Full Member
+1 II OOS both HST and Pathways on 11/26, completed early July. For anyone who has had Stanford interview, how has this compared? Stanford was BRUTAL and I'm worried it'll be a similar experience.
throwingthisinthemix
Full Member
CONGRATS! Mine was MUCH easier than Stanford, but also I have two very nice interviewers that don't seem to align at all with the comments from others above (did not feel pressed at all, very conversational, sweet)+1 II OOS both HST and Pathways on 11/26, completed early July. For anyone who has had Stanford interview, how has this compared? Stanford was BRUTAL and I'm worried it'll be a similar experience.
Equivalent-Pudding15
Full Member
That's so nice to hear and relieving!! I was scarred after Stanford and have been so worried about the interviews I had following Stanford. Fingers crossed I have the same experience as you!CONGRATS! Mine was MUCH easier than Stanford, but also I have two very nice interviewers that don't seem to align at all with the comments from others above (did not feel pressed at all, very conversational, sweet)
throwingthisinthemix
Full Member
I can agree I am absolutely scarred 😵 you got this though!!! (also can't speak to HST maybe others can chime in)That's so nice to hear and relieving!! I was scarred after Stanford and have been so worried about the interviews I had following Stanford. Fingers crossed I have the same experience as you!
InterviewHarvesterReborn
No interviews left behind
A season of drought, all seemingly lost. The world declared the harvest complete. Yet today, from the ashes, the harvester reaps again.
+1 OOS II Pathways
+1 OOS II Pathways
“A drought”A season of drought, all seemingly lost. The world declared the harvest complete. Yet today, from the ashes, the harvester reaps again.
+1 OOS II Pathways
blueorangeicecream
New Member
Stanford is MMI though? curious how you can directly compare the twoThat's so nice to hear and relieving!! I was scarred after Stanford and have been so worried about the interviews I had following Stanford. Fingers crossed I have the same experience as you!
Equivalent-Pudding15
Full Member
I had both the MMI and the PSTP interview at Stanford. PSTP is two 30 min interviewsStanford is MMI though? curious how you can directly compare the two
APathologicalLymphocyte
Full Member
They seem to be interviewing normal numbers of people, and then the post-II acceptance will be 30-50% lower? Or is that wrong?class size
I think they were referring to MD/PhD seats — I'm not sure if there's a database that tracks MD/PhD invites specifically, so it's hard to tell.They seem to be interviewing normal numbers of people, and then the post-II acceptance will be 30-50% lower? Or is that wrong?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
astrophage
Full Member
Hi!! I am applying next year w HST as top choice, would I be able to DM you and ask abt the interview? I heard that they will very much drill you on your research and technical topics in general, someone said they will "ask you to derive formulas." Curious if the hype is real 😅The HST interview was pretty intense today 😅 I think it was interesting, though, excited to enjoy Thanksgiving now
APathologicalLymphocyte
Full Member
Harvard is by far the FRIENDLIEST interviewers I have ever met with. Truly the sweetest people. Just know your **** a little bit and stay relaxed. General non-Harvard-specific-advice: if you work with something, and are asked a question you can't exactly answer, be comfortable saying "I'm not sure exactly, but here's my intuition:", etc. You should definitely have an ability to explain your intuition about things you work closely with. If you don't work with it too closely, and it's more tangential, be comfortable saying "I apologize that I don't work with that as much, although it's a fascinating question and will check it out afterwards, but let me tell you about this which I work with very closely." At least as important (again this applies to all schools; they all frame it a bit different) is being able to capture how your passion has come out/guided/been shaped by your activities. Anyway I was blown away by the kindness at Harvard, not what I expected from this obscure liberal arts school that can't win a football game.Hi!! I am applying next year w HST as top choice, would I be able to DM you and ask abt the interview? I heard that they will very much drill you on your research and technical topics in general, someone said they will "ask you to derive formulas." Curious if the hype is real 😅
Last edited:
samplam
Full Member
Looks like they started sending around Jan 2 last year. Fingers crossed!!When do January IIs start / end?
5ArthurBron5
Full Member
On my knees
BlueBirdPinkMint
Full Member
consciously giving up on waiting but here I am to check haha
consciously giving up on waiting but here I am to check haha![]()
I'm right there with you. I feel like they are just sort of like hovering over the "invite applicant" button like...
just had the interview here. it was really amazing and chill actually! Surprised and hoping for the best.
Also just had my pathways interview and was surprised at how chill it was, just wanted to mention my positive experience because i couldn't find much in the thread and it was stressing me out haha. both my interviewers knew every small detail about my application, it was honestly really nice to know they cared enough to read everything :,) was surprised neither of them asked why harvard
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
positivemunchkin
Full Member
I interviewed here mid November and had a really nice experience. One faculty interviewer and one student. The faculty was a bit harder to read but didn't grill me just asked questions targeted toward my research and asked about bias in my work etc., the student one was amazing. I have a stanford interview coming up later this month, can anyone private message me about how it went/ why is it so stressful... im getting quite nervous about it. Thanks!
Equivalent-Pudding15
Full Member
Was this HST or pathways?I interviewed here mid November and had a really nice experience. One faculty interviewer and one student. The faculty was a bit harder to read but didn't grill me just asked questions targeted toward my research and asked about bias in my work etc., the student one was amazing. I have a stanford interview coming up later this month, can anyone private message me about how it went/ why is it so stressful... im getting quite nervous about it. Thanks!
positivemunchkin
Full Member
pathways
Equivalent-Pudding15
Full Member
Does anyone know what date they are going to release decisions?
morak
Full Member
Website just says “early March”Does anyone know what date they are going to release decisions?
(Copied from last year’s thread):
posted previously in past threads (with last year added). based on this, i think we can assume a friday
Class 18-19 > March 1, 2019 (Friday)
Class 19-20 > February 28, 2020 (Friday)
Class 20-21 > March 2, 2021 (Tuesday)
Class 21-22 > March 4, 2022 (Friday)
Class of 22-23 > March 3, 2023 (Friday)
Class of 23-24 > March 1, 2024 (Friday)
(My addition)
Class of 24-25 > Feb 28, 2025 (Friday)
We can probably assume either the last Friday of February, 2/27, or the first Friday of March, 3/6, though 2/27 seems more likely seeing as they seem to release on the Friday closest to March 1st in either direction.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K