2017-2018 Idaho College of Osteopathic Medicine (ICOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
What is the deposit amount? And when do you have to pay it? Just curious.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everyone! I have an interview coming up here in a few weeks and am extremely excited! For those of you who got accepted, could you give me any interview tips or advice? It would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone! I have an interview coming up here in a few weeks and am extremely excited! For those of you who got accepted, could you give me any interview tips or advice? It would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
be yourself. be kind of prepared (but not memorization of a speech lol) to answer why medicine?DO?ICOM?Idaho? sort of questions. ready to maybe talk about some OMM/osteopathy. they dont expet you to be experts, but if you are going to invest several years of your life and close of half a mil of borowed money into something, they expect that you know at least something about it.
if you have red flags in your app, have a good explanation for it. have a few strength and weaknesses , successes and failures, proud moments of you ready to talk about. i saw those kind of questions in several interviews.
show good attitude and good intellect, project confidence but not outright cocky and condescending. stay out of politics since it is so hard to answer anything without touching politics these days.
Dress conservative, be nice to EVERYONE (even the janitor and security guard). when I interviewed in jan, there were 3 half hour interviews with clinician, faculty, and admissions. all of them were very relaxed. no pressures at all.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Yup, accepted!
Congrats!!!

Just curious what time of the day did they call you/timezone though? I didn't have my phone on me when they called, and didn't get a hold of them for a few hours. Just wondering if there is any chance I had lost the chance at a seat.

Congrats!!!

Just curious what time of the day did they call you/timezone though? I didn't have my phone on me when they called, and didn't get a hold of them for a few hours. Just wondering if there is any chance I had lost the chance at a seat.
Seriously doubt it.

Got an acceptance here Friday and regretfully had to pass up the seat today, as my husband's license won't transfer to Idaho unless he takes another year of coursework. I have another acceptance elsewhere, where his license will transfer. I was really looking forward to attending ICOM and being a part of the inaugural class....

Anyways, a seat should be popping up! Congrats to whoever gets it and wish you all the best! This seems like it's going to be an amazing program!

Reactions: 2 users
Congrats!!!

I got called about 2pm and I’m in MDT. I don’t think they’d do that, I think they’d have to receive confirmation from you that you want to go/reject their acceptance before they gave the seat away.

I got called about 2pm and I’m in MDT. I don’t think they’d do that, I think they’d have to receive confirmation from you that you want to go/reject their acceptance before they gave the seat away.
I would also guess they'd send an email too, right? Or at the very least, a voice mail.

Got an acceptance here Friday and regretfully had to pass up the seat today, as my husband's license won't transfer to Idaho unless he takes another year of coursework. I have another acceptance elsewhere, where his license will transfer. I was really looking forward to attending ICOM and being a part of the inaugural class....

Anyways, a seat should be popping up! Congrats to whoever gets it and wish you all the best! This seems like it's going to be an amazing program!
I think I just got offered your seat! I’m planning on accepting, so I appreciate it very much!!

Reactions: 1 users
Hey guys, sorry to bump this thread. I just interview here on Monday and I loved the school. It seemed like their resources were quite small for a class of 160 students. Have any of you had any problem accessing the resources such as the 3D anatomy lab or cadavers?

Hey guys, sorry to bump this thread. I just interview here on Monday and I loved the school. It seemed like their resources were quite small for a class of 160 students. Have any of you had any problem accessing the resources such as the 3D anatomy lab or cadavers?
The 160 of us are split into groups of 6 (4 at a time tho) and each group is given a cadaver. Access to the cadaver lab is open to us pretty much all day but ofc there are certain times where we aren’t allowed due to the PA or PT students using it. But the rest of the week, it’s open to us. The virtual lab is pretty cool but tbh, I’ve only seen it used by 2 students. ICOM gave us a full subscription to the complete Anatomy app on our iPads which offers the exact same thing in the comfort of our own homes. So the virtual lab is just an extra resource. I wouldn’t worry about having limited resources for anatomy here at ICOM if I were you

Reactions: 1 users
The 160 of us are split into groups of 6 (4 at a time tho) and each group is given a cadaver. Access to the cadaver lab is open to us pretty much all day but ofc there are certain times where we aren’t allowed due to the PA or PT students using it. But the rest of the week, it’s open to us. The virtual lab is pretty cool but tbh, I’ve only seen it used by 2 students. ICOM gave us a full subscription to the complete Anatomy app on our iPads which offers the exact same thing in the comfort of our own homes. So the virtual lab is just an extra resource. I wouldn’t worry about having limited resources for anatomy here at ICOM if I were you

Interviewing here in a few weeks and pretty excited about it being a brand new school and all. However new schools are always the target of a little skepticism, how does everything seem to be running so far?

Interviewing here in a few weeks and pretty excited about it being a brand new school and all. However new schools are always the target of a little skepticism, how does everything seem to be running so far?

So being that we’re just starting our 3rd week, I can only give you so much info. I love the school so far with the faculty, staff, and classmates all being super friendly and we’ve already become a family. As far as curriculum, everything has been well thought-out and we haven’t had any issues thus far. The school is holding off on getting any of our extracurricular activities going because they want us to settle down and get a good study system going before we pile more onto our plate. We’ve already had one session with the dean regarding feedback on what the school is doing right and what the school could fix/improve. As expected, we have had issues here and there in the technological aspect but the IT team is staying on top of it and ironing these problems out as they come along. In addition, there are a lot of things that school has yet to establish a protocol (eg what if a student wants to do research with a PI/attending physician that is not associated with the school?) and they’re figuring it out as the topic arises. It’s not a problem or anything, the faculty are super on top of it but just expect some delays in getting an answer because they have to work it out. Overall, the school is just amazing and the faculty/staff are really on top of everything. I don’t see this school having any problems receiving full-accreditation or producing sub-par physicians. They’re well aware that the performance of the inaugural class will have a huge impact on the school’s reputation so they’re doing everything they can to make sure we succeed. Sorry I couldn’t give a more detailed response, as you probably know, I got a lot of studying to do lol. Hope this helps!

Reactions: 2 users
agreed

I think they go out of the way to make it about us. I really like the staff. We had a breakfast snack waiting for us after our 1st exam. The ladies in the office seem to think of those extra things to remind us they are thinking of us.