2017-2018 LECOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anybody have a helpful number to call regarding our applications?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone applied to the APAP program or had an interview?
Yes. I applied first thing this spring. Interviewed on the first of this month...was the only PA there that day interviewing, the rest of the applicants were traditional students/applicants.

Do they accept out-of-state students?
yup...it's a private school, not a state school. Applicants from all over were at the interview....most were from the NE however.

Sorry I can't answer your question, but did you get a good vibe from the school that would make you want to not attend other interviews? I'm kind of on the fence about this interview and canceling it because everyone is saying what a terrible place LECOM is.

Unless you're sitting on an acceptance, go to the interview. If you finish it and decide LECOM isn't for you, that's fine-- not every school is for everybody and that's especially true for LECOM-- but it would be a shame to give up your shot at medical school based solely on internet rumors instead of personal experience.

Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Complete on 9/7. II on 9/14. Do they even review applications?

Reactions: 1 users
Complete on 9/7. II on 9/14. Do they even review applications?
Lol I was complete in early August. I have absolutely no idea how they stratify applications. What're your stats?

Complete in June, still silence. Haven't heard anything. I'm assuming silent rejection for me.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Complete in June, still silence. Haven't heard anything. I'm assuming silent rejection for me.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
You're a solid applicant too. LECOM has some weird processes haha.

How long does it take LECOM to send the secondary application?

How long does it take LECOM to send the secondary application?

It can take a couple days but I believe someone posted the portal link in this thread somewhere. Fill out a secondary there. There are some people that filled out and submitted a secondary before they got the official email. It's a questionnaire so it won't take long. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
If I am granted the fee waiver should I forward the email I received from AACOMAS to the admission?

Anyone else have it showing as no items received under the 'view folder items' button for LECOM Erie, but still received an interview?? I also got an email from LECOM - Brandenton asking for AIS scores even though I already sent them.

Anyone else have it showing as no items received under the 'view folder items' button for LECOM Erie, but still received an interview?? I also got an email from LECOM - Brandenton asking for AIS scores even though I already sent them.
Lecom Erie said a while back to expect that. They said it will be all good to go before your interview. No worries, breathe. You got this.

I already interviewed and mine still says no items received. I called to confirm, and they have all my stuff. I guess they just never updated the portal.

II today. Complete 9/11. sGPA 3.85 cGPA 3.7 MCAT 506 (127/128/125/126)

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone ever tried calling them and asking what the deal is with your application? Like in December if we havent heard anything and submitted in June

First II anywhere! So ecstatic right now. I know not many people have positive thoughts on LECOM but my undergrad has some ties with them and my most trusted professor recommended this school so I am all for it!

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Has anyone who selected decision before September 30th heard back from Erie yet?

I interviewed on 8/11

II today for Erie campus! Scheduled Dec. 8th. Complete 8/9

Does everyone's portals still say "Congrats you've been invited to interview..."?
Mine says, "Thank you for interviewing at the Erie Campus, you will be notifed when the committee makes a decision on your application."

When did you interview? Mine says "Thank you for interviewing at the Erie Campus, you will be notifed [sic] when the committee makes a decision on your application."

I interviewed at Seton Hill 9/11. I wonder if it says the congrats thing for those that interviewed at Seton Hill and Thank you for those that interviewed at Erie.

I interviewed at Seton Hill 9/11. I wonder if it says the congrats thing for those that interviewed at Seton Hill and Thank you for those that interviewed at Erie.

+1 logic
Though, I must say, the "congratulations" part gets me half the time I check for the first second.

Been complete since Aug 28th. 3.4 cum gpa 3.87 post bac gpa 511 MCAT. Was hoping my MCAT would make up for my lower cum gpa from 15 years ago... but getting worried now. Very non Trad student.

Erie does silent rejections, bradenton will notify you - if that helps. Consider also that GPA might not be the factor - maybe PS or extra curriculars, or maybe they just haven't gotten around to sending out more invites.

Been complete since Aug 28th. 3.4 cum gpa 3.87 post bac gpa 511 MCAT. Was hoping my MCAT would make up for my lower cum gpa from 15 years ago... but getting worried now. Very non Trad student.
You haven't even been complete a whole month! Remember, thousands of people are applying. Patience :)

II today at around 3PM! Scheduled for the first week of October