2017-2018 LECOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I do not understand the process for this school. My application from last year says its still in review alongside my new application, do they not send out rejections?

I currently have 4 applications across 2 LECOM campuses for two different application cycles all under review.

Members don't see this ad.

I do not understand the process for this school. My application from last year says its still in review alongside my new application, do they not send out rejections?

I currently have 4 applications across 2 LECOM campuses for two different application cycles all under review.
I've heard that they send out "silent rejections." I assumed it meant they don't send rejection letters. I find it to be really inconsiderate.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I think they started interviewing people early or mid July. I interviewed on 7/28.
Mine still hasn't changed yet.

Why dont they just send an email? Why is it in the mail? Its not 1995

Reactions: 8 users
This wait is killing me...but upside is the longer they draw it out the more time I get back to hear from other places and not blow that $1500.

This wait is killing me...but upside is the longer they draw it out the more time I get back to hear from other places and not blow that $1500.

If only the letters had USPS tracking numbers

Anyone who interviewed on August 11th or in August and chose ED at the interview, have their portal status changed from “thank you for interviewing” to decision made?

Edit: Erie Campus

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 30 days.

Seton hill, interviewed 8/24

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone who interviewed on August 11th or in August and chose ED at the interview, have their portal status changed from “thank you for interviewing” to decision made?

Nope :(. Assuming rejection.

Just checked and got a change on mine for Erie campus, hopefully that's a good thing. Just the same "you will receive a letter in 30 days."

Last edited:
Portal changed, interviewed in August at SH

Has anyone who has a 'decision has been made' message on their portal at Seton Hill called to ask if they'll give the decision over the phone? I interviewed at Bradenton and they said you could call and ask if you want to know before you get the letter in the mail. Not sure if it's the same at SH.

Has anyone who has a 'decision has been made' message on their portal at Seton Hill called to ask if they'll give the decision over the phone? I interviewed at Bradenton and they said you could call and ask if you want to know before you get the letter in the mail. Not sure if it's the same at SH.
Would it be appropriate for us to call and ask?!

Would it be appropriate for us to call and ask?!
No, they specifically asked us not to during my interview. They said if you call all they can tell you is that you will find out in the mail soon. Just wait, you'll know soon enough

Anyone without portal change like me (I chose ED)

How many interviews still left? I just got my AACOMAS verified and letters in

So if our portal has changed is there any secret encrypted way to know if we were accepted or not? haha Like the financial aid tab or something..?

No portal change for me yet. Interviewed in August.

Still no change to my portal. Any idea on how long it takes their letters to actually send?

Portal changed. Decision made. Lettter is on the way

Anyone interviewed in July got their status changed?

is anyone that is interviewing in Bradenton next week? did you get the confirmation email yet?

Anyone received the mail today yet? (I did not) o_O:angelic:
SH campus/ ED decision.

Last edited:
For those who have interviewed at Erie or who have interviewed at SH could you let me know what you like best about the school? Please let me know which one you interviewed at Erie or SH. I'm trying to get a good idea of both campuses. The online information is great but curious on in person opinions. I've seen a lot of negatives so just trying to see more positive opinions or highlights.

For those who have interviewed at Erie or who have interviewed at SH could you let me know what you like best about the school? Please let me know which one you interviewed at Erie or SH. I'm trying to get a good idea of both campuses. The online information is great but curious on in person opinions. I've seen a lot of negatives so just trying to see more positive opinions or highlights.

Seton Hill
+ The campus is pretty nice. Lots of older buildings with antique feel, if you're into that. Seemed like it would be nice in the fall. + The staff was very nice. + Some students had less conventional piercings. Stocking rule not heavily enforced for females (as opposed to Erie). + Relatively close to Pittsburgh. Could perhaps be beneficial for external research opportunities, ... and night life. + Global Medicine Club (though Erie does have an equivalent group). + 100 fellow PBLers
- The campus is still fairly far from Pittsburgh. It took me about 2 hours to get there from SH, in traffic. - Small town, <15k people. Less diverse than a large city. - The area is just to the left of the Allegheny mountains, which makes it a bit colder then you'd expect. But (hidden +) you still get ~40 in of snow compared to Erie's ~100 - There is no presence of a cadaver lab at all. - Shared campus with undergraduate students. Eh. - Doesn't have Erie's fitness facilities.

Overall, I thought I could be happy here. LECOM offers me a unique opportunity, the ability to practice medicine in the NE (in a state with great hospitals and DO recognition) versus the SE, which is a determining factor for me personally.

Last edited:
Seton Hill
+ The campus is pretty nice. Lots of older buildings with antique feel, if you're into that. Seemed like it would be nice in the fall. + The staff was very nice. + Some students had less conventional piercings. Stocking rule not heavily enforced for females (as opposed to Erie). + Relatively close to Pittsburgh. Could perhaps be beneficial for external research opportunities, ... and night life. + Global Medicine Club (though Erie does have an equivalent group). + 100 fellow PBLers
- The campus is still fairly far from Pittsburgh. It took me about 2 hours to get there from SH, in traffic. - Small town, <15k people. Less diverse than a large city. - The area is just to the left of the Allegheny mountains, which makes it a bit colder then you'd expect. But (hidden +) you still get ~40 in of snow compared to Erie's ~100 - There is no presence of a cadaver lab at all. - Shared campus with undergraduate students. Eh. - Doesn't have Erie's fitness facilities.

Overall, I thought I could be happy here. LECOM offers me a unique opportunity, the ability to practice medicine in the NE (in a state with great hospitals and DO recognition) versus the SE, which is a determining factor for me personally.

That stocking rule is actually an enforced thing? Guess I'd never wear skirts.

That stocking rule is actually an enforced thing? Guess I'd never wear skirts.

One of the MS2 students who transferred from Erie to SH said it was enforced there... so, perhaps. Black stockings can be trendy at least.

Honestly, this is ridiculous! They cant be telling us ED is Sept 30th, and we havent gotten any decisions until now. They are slacking

Reactions: 4 users
Honestly, this is ridiculous! They cant be telling us ED is Sept 30th, and we havent gotten any decisions until now. They are slacking

Breach of contract :')