2017-2018 LECOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Go to Cleveland. Other than that, only lake Erie

Members don't see this ad.

I've only been there ones, sorry. Didn't look like there was much to do there.

Members don't see this ad :)
In Erie for my interview tomorrow. I'm a little surprised at how small of a town it is. I mean I knew it was more rural but I think I might be the only person in my hotel lol. Anyone who goes to school here or interviewed have any advice on where to drive around to get a good look at everything here as far as a social life goes?
Lol what were you expecting the big apple? The population is 100k, larger then most towns everyone grows up in -- if you want a city you are looking at the wrong school. Also, it is med school -- "social life" does not exist! ;)

Edit: They have brewhouses down by the lake if that is what you are asking about though. Pretty good too

Reactions: 1 user
Lol what were you expecting the big apple? The population is 100k, larger then most towns everyone grows up in -- if you want a city you are looking at the wrong school. Also, it is med school -- "social life" does not exist! ;)

Edit: They have brewhouses down by the lake if that is what you are asking about though. Pretty good too

Lol no which is why I said I knew it was rural. I went to a very rural undergrad as well it doesn’t bother me and after driving around it’s actually much bigger than where I was. And yes med school is a full time if not more than that job but every physician and med student I’ve spoken with said to make sure I was somewhere that wasn’t just about the school so I could get away however often I could in order to not burn out. I agree with them. So I’m asking on recommendation to make sure I check them out to see if this is the right place for me to be able to do something like that. Especially since I have an acceptance already and now need to compare the two places in regards to that as well as the obvious curriculum and coa factors. I will be here for four years so I better like it out side of school as well. That’s just my opinion though.

Lol no which is why I said I knew it was rural. I went to a very rural undergrad as well it doesn’t bother me and after driving around it’s actually much bigger than where I was. And yes med school is a full time if not more than that job but every physician and med student I’ve spoken with said to make sure I was somewhere that wasn’t just about the school so I could get away however often I could in order to not burn out. I agree with them. So I’m asking on recommendation to make sure I check them out to see if this is the right place for me to be able to do something like that. Especially since I have an acceptance already and now need to compare the two places in regards to that as well as the obvious curriculum and coa factors. I will be here for four years so I better like it out side of school as well. That’s just my opinion though.
Sorry, I didn't mean that to come off as snarky as it did!! I'm coming from doing my undergrad and grad in one of the biggest cities in the US, so personally I like the size (small yet still enough to do without being nuts). Also, I'm not sure what you like to do, but there are a lot of outdoor parks and activities in Erie and a half hour south.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using SDN mobile

Sorry, I didn't mean that to come off as snarky as it did!! I'm coming from doing my undergrad and grad in one of the biggest cities in the US, so personally I like the size (small yet still enough to do without being nuts). Also, I'm not sure what you like to do, but there are a lot of outdoor parks and activities in Erie and a half hour south.

Haha it’s okay, I got defensive cuz usually that’s how people actually are on here. But I love the outdoors which is why I initially applied here. I was just asking around for any insider tips of places to see while I’m here whether that was a cool area in town, a hike, restaurants, etc. My waiter at dinner was super helpful and after wondering around this afternoon I can dig the feel of it.

Haha it’s okay, I got defensive cuz usually that’s how people actually are on here. But I love the outdoors which is why I initially applied here. I was just asking around for any insider tips of places to see while I’m here whether that was a cool area in town, a hike, restaurants, etc. My waiter at dinner was super helpful and after wondering around this afternoon I can dig the feel of it.
I know what you mean, wasn't meant to be at all. I loved the feel, it has a small town feel with a lot to do around it. I also went looking for communities because most people do residencies near med school, and there are some very nice communities by the lake (helpful to think about the full picture -- family, etc.)!
Good luck tomorrow, and feel free to ask them what's the deal with ED haha!

Reactions: 1 users
II just now. Will be withdrawing. Hopefully goes to one of you hopefuls :)
This is not directed at you, just such a shame that they have the time to send out IIs but haven't found the time in the past 3 weeks to make decisions on the handful of people who already interviewed and chose ED...

Reactions: 2 users
Just got an II for the Erie campus! I also applied to Bradenton, does this mean I won't get an II from them, or are the two campuses independent when it comes to interviews? I know, for example, that VCOM only gives you an interview at one location.

Just got an II for the Erie campus! I also applied to Bradenton, does this mean I won't get an II from them, or are the two campuses independent when it comes to interviews? I know, for example, that VCOM only gives you an interview at one location.
I believe it's independent. Funny that you got an Erie II before Bradenton, given your location!

I believe it's independent. Funny that you got an Erie II before Bradenton, given your location!
I know! But my hometown and undergrad university are both an hour from Erie, so that's probably why.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know the best way to send in a significant update to your application (ie new clinical experience)?

Interview today was awesome and it totally changed my outlook on this school. I advise anyone who made assumptions just based off of comments on this forum to attend and make your own opinion if you’re able to. I’m very glad I made that choice.

Also, for people waiting to hear they said that once it has on portal “decision made” it’s in a pile for the dean to sign and mail out. Decisions are only sent by mail. They told us we should here in 30 days so I’m guessing that means you ED people will hear soon!

Interview today was awesome and it totally changed my outlook on this school. I advise anyone who made assumptions just based off of comments on this forum to attend and make your own opinion if you’re able to. I’m very glad I made that choice.

Also, for people waiting to hear they said that once it has on portal “decision made” it’s in a pile for the dean to sign and mail out. Decisions are only sent by mail. They told us we should here in 30 days so I’m guessing that means you ED people will hear soon!
Idk I wasn't impressed much during the interview day especially with their 8min useless interview.

Psh I'll believe it when I see it

Reactions: 2 users
What format is the Erie interview? I know Bradenton is a group interview.

Not to beat a dead horse but this wait is absurd. 3 weeks+ extra? And the deadline for submitting a deposit is what 10 days away? Assuming they go out Monday, and 2-4 days for delivery that's 6-4 days to pay the deposit. There's no lag time at all. Praying my car doesn't get a flat tire or I end up in the ER for something.

He was talking about our decision that's over 3 weeks late

Ohhh haha. Dang I'm misunderstanding things left and right. Hopefully the decisions are in the mail and on their way!! Sucks they won't give more info when you all have called to ask.

Last cycle I waited for 6.5 months before I heard back from an interview that said it would be 4-6 weeks.
We signed an early decision agreement though, this is not regular decision, which is why everyone is frustrated

Reactions: 3 users
Its my understanding you need to rank the tracks you're interested in on interview day.

If you rank highly a track with fewer slots, like PBL, would that take you out of the running? PBL and DSP interest me more than LDP, but I also want to get into a damn school after 3 tries. I don't want to be applying for something with horrendous odds, when I have a better shot at LDP after multiple cycles of not getting in...

Its my understanding you need to rank the tracks you're interested in on interview day.

If you rank highly a track with fewer slots, like PBL, would that take you out of the running? PBL and DSP interest me more than LDP, but I also want to get into a damn school after 3 tries. I can adapt.
you rank for preferences I believe, so choosing one over the other wont hurt your chances.

Withdrawing post-interview. Best of luck Every one :)

If you rank highly a track with fewer slots, like PBL, would that take you out of the running? PBL and DSP interest me more than LDP, but I also want to get into a damn school after 3 tries. I don't want to be applying for something with horrendous odds, when I have a better shot at LDP after multiple cycles of not getting in...

They told us at my interview that they don’t look at your preference until a decision has been made.

So, what is the over under on us actually hearing back from Erie this week? I'll give someone 4:1 odds that we don't :eyebrow:

I'm going to call to ask how this impacts when the deposit is due
Let us know what they say please. Also if they have an estimate as to when they are going to send them out that would be fantastic!

Just received my II. Soooooo happy, I will cancel all other interviews if I gain acceptance here

Prediction for when we get our letters -- November 8th...the admissions committee seems to only meet once a month or we would not be 3+ weeks past the deadline of when we signed to get the decision by for ED...

Prediction for when we get our letters -- November 8th...the admissions committee seems to only meet once a month or we would not be 3+ weeks past the deadline of when we signed to get the decision by for ED...
Not that I don't believe you, but source?

Not that I don't believe you, but source?
Look at the thread and review the only other letters that went out. The admissions committee did not make portal changes until Oct 3rd, then their letters came around the 8th. Seems they decided to just push the rest of us back a whole month...

Look at the thread and review the only other letters that went out. The admissions committee did not make portal changes until Oct 3rd, then their letters came around the 8th. Seems they decided to just push the rest of us back a whole month...

Last edited:
Stats? IS or OOS?
3.7cGPA, 3.6 sGPA, 500-503 MCAT over 5000h clinical experience, one international mission, no research experince, no masters or post bacc. oos but only 1.5h away from school.

So just checking in for those who hasn't been following this thread closely. No one has received acceptances yet right?

-II on July 24th, 2017 (Opted in for early decision).

So just checking in for those who hasn't been following this thread closely. No one has received acceptances yet right?

-II on July 24th, 2017 (Opted in for early decision).
Not true a bunch did, everyone who II previously to 9/1 has received word I believe

Nah, I was interviewed 8/31 and haven't heard a beep, not even changed portal or anything. Don't tell me they silently reject me after interview.

Nah, I was interviewed 8/31 and haven't heard a beep, not even changed portal or anything. Don't tell me they silently reject me after interview.
No idea but that's wierd, seemed like a bunch from pre September heard back

No the cut off is definitely 8/31, they didn't reject you, just haven't gotten to any of us. Has anyone called them and asked?