2017-2018 LECOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Please post what they say!!!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I emailed them, they said they are still in process of sending out decision. We have to wait...
Shame they can't give us an expected time frame. Because that's what we assumed from before.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using SDN mobile

Any recommendations for dinner around LECOM-Erie? I am driving in tomorrow for my interview Friday.
They have little brew houses down by the lake that my hotel recommended when I was there and the food was great. Millcreek Brewing Company is the name I believe. Plus if you need a beer to calm your nerves before the interview they have a massive selection! Good luck!

Does Erie have the same rule that you get notified of a decision non-ED on November 15th?

Does Erie have the same rule that you get notified of a decision non-ED on November 15th?
They're "supposed" to, but if it is anything like the ED add an extra 2-3 weeks to that date. More likely you'll hear after Thanksgiving

LECOM does ghost rejections right? I've been "under review" at Erie for over two months now, so starting to wonder if I should assume rejection?

Can someone who interviewed at the Erie campus DM me about what to expect? Thanks in advance!

Any news for those who remain waiting for ED? My portal is still quiet

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I contacted them and Ms. Rowe said that she apologizes and she promised that they will be out soon. Sit tight yall!!

Reactions: 3 users
Awesome. I just want closure even if it’s a rejection.

Super late post, but accepted as of Tuesday! Interviewed 8/15 (?) at Seton Hill- Early Decision. I hope everyone else gets their letters soon!

Just reapplied to LECOM for this cycle.. currently still on the alternate list for this fall, but I have accepted that I won't get a call with classes starting in 2 weeks.

I interviewed at Erie and I was fairly impressed, which is why I am applying there again. Erie has group interviews with the option for an individual interview (which from what I read, SH does not offer individual ??). Questions in the interview:

Group: 1) name, where your from, type of medicine, etc.
2) where do you see healthcare going in the next 5-10 years. I also added where I want to see healthcare going and they seemed to respond well to that.

We only got to 2 questions because of the group size and the discussions we were having.

Individual: there was only one question. You only had 5-8 minutes. "If we had one spot left, why should we choose you?"

Hope this helps!

May I ask why you were impressed?

I just withdrew from my Erie and Bradenton interviews. Good luck everyone!

Hey everyone. I don't like to be the bearer of bad news, but I went back to last year's thread to try and find out if LECOM had the same ED issues that they're having this year. From the few pages I went through, everyone that I saw who didn't have a portal change right around 10/1 was waitlisted and got a notification of it around late December. I hope that I'm wrong, but that's what I found.

Hey everyone. I don't like to be the bearer of bad news, but I went back to last year's thread to try and find out if LECOM had the same ED issues that they're having this year. From the few pages I went through, everyone that I saw who didn't have a portal change right around 10/1 was waitlisted and got a notification of it around late December. I hope that I'm wrong, but that's what I found.
there are only very few people who got accepted so far vs last year's thread when tons of people got in AND also LECOM USUALLY send out waitlist letters too on October 1st. Check out last year's thread, there were people who were waitlisted on October 1st.

there are only very few people who got accepted so far vs last year's thread when tons of people got in AND also LECOM USUALLY send out waitlist letters too on October 1st. Check out last year's thread, there were people who were waitlisted on October 1st.
I absolutely hope you're right, but when I went through a few pages from October from last year's thread I would find the people saying they didn't have a portal change and then go through their post history to see if they ended up getting waitlisted.

I absolutely hope you're right, but when I went through a few pages from October from last year's thread I would find the people saying they didn't have a portal change and then go through their post history to see if they ended up getting waitlisted.
I think you might be wrong, respectfully, only because no one in September accept the PA to DO guy has reported being accepted to the best of my knowledge.

They said they still haven't reviewed all the files for ED this years. We have to be patient lol.
I actually checked last year and they waitlisted peoples at the same time they gave out ED acceptance too.
So it doesn't mean that people who got no portal updates are waitlisted.

They said they still haven't reviewed all the files for ED this years. We have to be patient lol.
I actually checked last year and they waitlisted peoples at the same time they gave out ED acceptance too.
So it doesn't mean that people who got no portal updates are waitlisted.
Yep, I reached out and they told me they haven't reviewed a portion of them because of the AOA being on site. We should be seeing a change sometime this week

Reactions: 2 users
Yep, I reached out and they told me they haven't reviewed a portion of them because of the AOA being on site. We should be seeing a change sometime this week

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using[
About time lol, the wait is killing me.

504 mcat 3.8 cgpa/sgpa complete 8/18 and still under review. is this normal or should i assume rejection?

504 mcat 3.8 cgpa/sgpa complete 8/18 and still under review. is this normal or should i assume rejection?
508 MCAT 3.85 cgpa/sgpa complete 8/6 and still under review. Crossing my fingers still!

508 MCAT 3.85 cgpa/sgpa complete 8/6 and still under review. Crossing my fingers still!
Don't worry, they are dealing with Early Decisions right now, they'll be sending out more IIs once that is taken care of.

How waiting for LECOM's ED feels...
upload_2017-10-16_19-31-46.png

Hi, I'll join here. This school is my first choice. I just finished my secondary though.
3.7cGPA/ 3.6 sGPA 502 MCAT, close to 4000h clinical experience, and an international mission. Hoping they will give me a chance. Good luck to everyone)))

Is that ED letter really existed? This wait is killing me

Its getting really annoying at this moment! This told me a lot about LECOM.
How late are they in notifying everyone? I haven’t gotten an II yet but just curious since so much has been posted about the issues with ED

How late are they in notifying everyone? I haven’t gotten an II yet but just curious since so much has been posted about the issues with ED
They are going on being 3 weeks late...and no end remotely in sight

Withdrew my application (received II but declined) because of an acceptance elsewhere :)

--
LizzyM: 66.10
MD: 19 | Secondaries: 16 | II: 0 | R: 2 | Hold: 1
DO: 11 | Secondaries: 11 | II: 4 | R: 0 | Hold: 0

Last edited:
Im so glad you guys are withdrawing, lol. But I really hope they will save a spot for me))) Good luck wherever you are accepted

Just sent off my deposit for LECOM today and will be turning down my other acceptance at ACOM. Can't wait to see who else joins the class!

Just sent off my deposit for LECOM today and will be turning down my other acceptance at ACOM. Can't wait to see who else joins the class!
Can't wait for us to find out this wait is absurd

In Erie for my interview tomorrow. I'm a little surprised at how small of a town it is. I mean I knew it was more rural but I think I might be the only person in my hotel lol. Anyone who goes to school here or interviewed have any advice on where to drive around to get a good look at everything here as far as a social life goes?