2017-2018 LECOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
were you guys emailed or just in portal?

Members don't see this ad.

I received the II via text message on my Apple Watch as well as an email and promptly ran out of my cubicle at work to pick a date.

Members don't see this ad :)
Submitted a secondary here yesterday. Hoping it's not too late, I actually really like this school!

Reactions: 1 user
Secondary submitted early September. Didn't receive an II email from them - I found out I got one by checking the portal!

II date 12/22 @8am. The caveat is the only flights I can find are ~$1k on way! Any idea what I should do? I'm in CA and tempted to drive if I have to...
That's a 3 day drive and absurd. If anything see if you can get within 10-12 hours flight wise and rent a car

All flights right before Christmas are super expensive. I think I'd rather reschedule my interview for a little later.

Sent from my LG-H932 using SDN mobile

That's a 3 day drive and absurd. If anything see if you can get within 10-12 hours flight wise and rent a car

Exactly man. So I emailed admissions and explained I couldn't afford that, so they rescheduled me for 2/8. Hopefully this doesn't affect my admissions decision, but I'm grateful that they were so accommodating and fast in response.

Members don't see this ad :)
Am declining acceptance to LECOM. Hope whoever gets the spot becomes an exceptional physician!

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone know if you have to do anything specific to decline acceptance to LECOM or do you just not respond? Thanks so much!

I was accepted to LECOM Seton Hill PBL, I was also wondering if we email the admissions to decline the acceptance?

Anyone know if you have to do anything specific to decline acceptance to LECOM or do you just not respond? Thanks so much!
I was accepted to LECOM Seton Hill PBL, I was also wondering if we email the admissions to decline the acceptance?
You're technically not required to notify them, but it's the nice thing to do. I sent an email to the LECOM-B people declining my acceptance and they were pretty nice about it. This lets them know for sure you aren't going to be attending, and they can give your spot to someone else.

I was put on the alternate list and sent back the signed paper confirming my interest, but I haven’t received any kind of confirmation from them/further information. Has anyone else on the waitlist had this problem? Did you get any confirmation/correspondence with admissions after sending the form?

I was put on the alternate list and sent back the signed paper confirming my interest, but I haven’t received any kind of confirmation from them/further information. Has anyone else on the waitlist had this problem? Did you get any confirmation/correspondence with admissions after sending the form?
I got an email from them saying they received it

Anyone currently in Erie for the interview tomorrow that can report on the weather? I have to drive from Buffalo and I’m seeing a lot of lake effect snow warnings.

have you called them? they should have sent something out by now
I was reading the last year forum, and it seems like this wait is pretty common for Lecom. Some people haven't heard back for months last year

Reactions: 1 users
I'm taking the 8hr drive to interview the 15th, and I'm kind of worried about the amount of snow there will be. I just want to make sure there is a coat room where i can put my winter coat and maybe a change of shoes. Can anyone tell me if there was?

I'm taking the 8hr drive to interview the 15th, and I'm kind of worried about the amount of snow there will be. I just want to make sure there is a coat room where i can put my winter coat and maybe a change of shoes. Can anyone tell me if there was?
Yes there will be a closet for your coat. I don't know about shoes though

This school is absolutely horrible! Majority of people that post here are faculty members themselves. I attended this school and i must say its super racist. If you want to start your career feeling as if you are in a jail cell then go ahead. Residency matches are all lies from this school. They DO NOT AND I REPEAT DO NOT PREPARE YOU FOR ANYTHING. They maintain their so call "status" due to the fact that the school and everything around that school is runned and owned by a so call known family known only in erie. I have heard racial remarks, received racial remarks from the faculty. I have been trying to post this for a while now but it always gets deleted. My stats are excellent, so are my other 4 friends stats who have attended lecom along with me, none of us have been placed anywhere because LECOM at erie is considered to be nothing and focused to much on the traditional values coming from the stupid family that owns the school. my advice to everyone! if you guys have another choice for school then go ahead and take it i swear if you guys have any questions even feel free to pm me ill even have you guys speak to my other friends that have the same thing to say about this school. I dont know where they pull the stats for test avergaes either, but i and bunch of others at erie did HORRIBLE ON OUR COMLEX's. no preparation whatsoever. I just dont want anyone else to be screwed over like we have been. Also, aside from being racist there are 859454 cases of harassment that go untold from this school. i really wish my comments don't get deleted again, but this honestly is my last attempt, because its crazy scary how messed up this school is.

This school is absolutely horrible! Majority of people that post here are faculty members themselves. I attended this school and i must say its super racist. If you want to start your career feeling as if you are in a jail cell then go ahead. Residency matches are all lies from this school. They DO NOT AND I REPEAT DO NOT PREPARE YOU FOR ANYTHING. They maintain their so call "status" due to the fact that the school and everything around that school is runned and owned by a so call known family known only in erie. I have heard racial remarks, received racial remarks from the faculty. I have been trying to post this for a while now but it always gets deleted. My stats are excellent, so are my other 4 friends stats who have attended lecom along with me, none of us have been placed anywhere because LECOM at erie is considered to be nothing and focused to much on the traditional values coming from the stupid family that owns the school. my advice to everyone! if you guys have another choice for school then go ahead and take it i swear if you guys have any questions even feel free to pm me ill even have you guys speak to my other friends that have the same thing to say about this school. I dont know where they pull the stats for test avergaes either, but i and bunch of others at erie did HORRIBLE ON OUR COMLEX's. no preparation whatsoever. I just dont want anyone else to be screwed over like we have been. Also, aside from being racist there are 859454 cases of harassment that go untold from this school. i really wish my comments don't get deleted again, but this honestly is my last attempt, because its crazy scary how messed up this school is.

Omg! that's so funny, because i currently attend Touro and LECOM was one of my top choices. My two childhood friends got in because it was the only place that accepted them....and they complain about the same thing!! i literally just got off the phone with one of them and she was telling me how they ripped her off in medical expenses and then apologized that they made a mistake but they cant do anything about it. Also my other friend told me they have a dress code and well hes black but he receives racial remarks from the faculty every time and how he notices that they favor "others" over him. As for the comlex, same complaints from my other friends. Im so glad i gave up my seat here!

You two, who are actually the same person, are completely transparent. Obviously you're a premed who didn't get in anywhere and are hoping to scare people away in order to get in here. Unlike you, most people on this thread are not idiots. I hope you don't get any anywhere. America doesn't need doctors like you. I could throw so much shade just from the logical problems with what you wrote or the lack of proofreading, but like I said, most people aren't so unintelligent to believe anything you said.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

You two, who are actually the same person, are completely transparent. Obviously you're a premed who didn't get in anywhere and are hoping to scare people away in order to get in here. Unlike you, most people on this thread are not idiots. I hope you don't get any anywhere. America doesn't need doctors like you. I could throw so much shade just from the logical problems with what you wrote or the lack of proofreading, but like I said, most people aren't so unintelligent to believe anything you said.

i don't know about the first post but if you'd like ill gladly pm you my stats, like actual documents, and i wouldn't be surprised if you part of lecoms faculty as well lol, i dont even mind leaving my number here if anyone has doubts but yeah wuss gooodddddddd

i don't know about the first post but if you'd like ill gladly pm you my stats, like actual documents, and i wouldn't be surprised if you part of lecoms faculty as well lol, i dont even mind leaving my number here if anyone has doubts but yeah wuss gooodddddddd
So you are asking us to determine that claims made 7 mins apart from two brand-new accounts with the same quality of writing and same complaints written in a generic way are from two different people? Perhaps you are unfamiliar with SDN but that tends not to happen.

Also remember to log back into @rereh to like DocDreamzz posts!

I hope this strategy works and so many people are going to drop their spots so I can finally be accepted ))))

I'm about 80% sure this person is @Suge1 due to gender tags in speech, time between activities, and it turns out she was accepted to... Touro. Just trying to get the cheaper tuition?

What? All I did was like your post because I agreed with your assessment. I am waiting to hear back from LECOM but I'm happy with my Touro acceptance so I would rather you refrain from making insulting assumptions.

Last edited:
I just withdrew my interview invitation for LECOM. And no, it has nothing to do with the crazies posting above! I was accepted to Midwestern-CCOM and have decided to go there. Best of luck to everyone!

Reactions: 3 users
Anyone else interview in October or November and waiting to receive a decision?

Just interviewed today! For those of you still waiting to interview, just relax. However I was surprised by the content in our group discussions. Not at all what I expected.

Lol! Salty much?

Submitted my application in August and got an email about a week ago to "submit my application"? It was an automated email from admissions with a link to a "personalized" page. Should I be worried? Or did this happen to anyone else?