2017-2018 LECOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
+1 to the portal change. Just interviewed here last Friday (11/10) and apparently they already made a decision.
Yeah took 5 days for me also.

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone who interviewed 10/13 heard anything back yet (decision, portal change, etc.)?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone who interviewed 10/13 heard anything back yet (decision, portal change, etc.)?
I interviewed on 10/13 and just received my acceptance letter in the mail today. I will be withdrawing this acceptance though so I hope my seat goes to one of you!

Reactions: 3 users
I interviewed on 10/13 and just received my acceptance letter in the mail today. I will be withdrawing this acceptance though so I hope my seat goes to one of you!

when did your portal change?

Interviewed 11/3 and received my acceptance letter today. Good luck to everyone!!

Anyone have the email for admissions? I want to withdraw my app, but can't find it online.

Interviewed in October & still no portal change.

I'm still at under review myself. interviewed late October.

I see in the Bradenton thread someone, with an August Interview, had their decision delayed due to incomplete processing. Doubt we are there yet though.

I called today, since my application was still marked under review, and discovered that they had not processed all my information yet despite having interviewed months ago. Just a heads up for anyone waiting.

ACCEPTED tonight :) interviewed 9/1 at erie but opted for 11/15 decision. my portal changed last tuesday!

Members don't see this ad :)
Alternate list today in mail. Interviewed 8/14. This process is wild. I won't stick around on the waitlist so hope there can be movement for those hoping to attend here!

Can anyone comment on what the turnover is like for those on the alternate list?

I'm still at under review myself. interviewed late October.

I see in the Bradenton thread someone, with an August Interview, had their decision delayed due to incomplete processing. Doubt we are there yet though.
Thank you for your reply. Comforting to hear others are in this position as well. I've learned the review process is rather unpredictable and it's best to just be patient.

Has anyone received the matriculation packet e-mail? I guess this would really only apply to the early decision folks at this point. Just wondering how long it would take to receive after the matriculation fee was submitted.

Has anyone received the matriculation packet e-mail? I guess this would really only apply to the early decision folks at this point. Just wondering how long it would take to receive after the matriculation fee was submitted.
I got the matriculation packet email the same day they received my payment.

Got my acceptance in the mail today. Interviewed 11/10. Debating whether to put down the deposit or cross my fingers for another acceptance somewhere else.

Finally got my decision in the mail...I interviewed in August. Waitlisted. Will be declining the waitlist status though!

Has anyone who interview 11/16 or 11/17 had a portal change yet? I'm trying to figure out if they actually met this week or if they are pushing it off until next week!

Scheduled an interview for Feb 2nd [The earliest I could get], do you think this will affect my chances of getting accepted due to how far away my interview is?

Scheduled an interview for Feb 2nd [The earliest I could get], do you think this will affect my chances of getting accepted due to how far away my interview is?

I've seen a lot of people who got accepted/waitlisted declining the offer, so I think you still have a fairly good shot!

Got my acceptance in the mail today. Interviewed 11/10. Debating whether to put down the deposit or cross my fingers for another acceptance somewhere else.

LECOM isn't the best school, but a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. Eat the $1500 deposit and know you've gotten in. If you somehow lose the slot you may not have the opportunity again. Not sure how DO schools are, but according to @gonnif MD schools frown upon people who gave up acceptances then reapplied.

This process is crazy and unpredictable. LECOM did not accept me but Rowan did, for example. Going by numbers and perceived interview performance I was expecting the opposite!

I interviewed August 28th. Received acceptance in the mail November 22 but it is contingent on 6 credits of behavioral science. Not sure how that’s possible because I’m pretty certain I took those credits. Waiting to hear back from the admissions office after the Turkey break. I will also likely need to eat the $1500. Can’t risk not getting in anywhere else ;)

Reactions: 1 users
So I just wanted to throw this out there: I'm in the middle of repeating my MMR and Hep B series because my measles titre was low and my Hep B was equivocal. The MMR can be done quickly but the Hep B takes a while. Don't put off the testing it you're planning on attending.

So I just wanted to throw this out there: I'm in the middle of repeating my MMR and Hep B series because my measles titre was low and my Hep B was equivocal. The MMR can be done quickly but the Hep B takes a while. Don't put off the testing it you're planning on attending.
The matriculation packet says that if you are negative, you can submit your paperwork to LECOM after the initial vaccine and update them on the following vaccine and titer in the future. It is bolded that you should not wait to submit your paperwork until it is all complete. If they know you are in the process, you will not lose your seat.

The matriculation packet says that if you are negative, you can submit your paperwork to LECOM after the initial vaccine and update them on the following vaccine and titer in the future. It is bolded that you should not wait to submit your paperwork until it is all complete. If they know you are in the process, you will not lose your seat.

yes it does. Still it can be a lengthy process to get it (titres and first vaccines ) all done. For early decision, paperwork is due in January. It was just a friendly reminder. my last titres were all good in 2010...so having to go through this was certainly unexpected.

yes it does. Still it can be a lengthy process to get it (titres and first vaccines ) all done. For early decision, paperwork is due in January. It was just a friendly reminder. my last titres were all good in 2010...so having to go through this was certainly unexpected.
Yeah. I hear ya. This process has already had its share of road bumps for me as well, lol.

II just now! LM 69 complete 10/30 OOS

Does anyone have any suggestions/tips for the interview process?

Reactions: 2 users
Recently put on the alternate list at Seton Hill. Any idea what alternate list movement is like usually?

Secondary submitted early September. Didn't receive an II email from them - I found out I got one by checking the portal!

II date 12/22 @8am. The caveat is the only flights I can find are ~$1k on way! Any idea what I should do? I'm in CA and tempted to drive if I have to...

Last edited:
Secondary submitted early September. Didn't receive an II email from them - I found out I got one by checking the portal!

II date 10/22 @8am. The caveat is the only flights I can find are ~$1k on way! Any idea what I should do? I'm in CA and tempted to drive if I have to...
Look at other states nearby with cheaper flights and drive from there.

Ty

II date 10/22 @8am. The caveat is the only flights I can find are ~$1k on way! Any idea what I should do? I'm in CA and tempted to drive if I have to...
Try flying into Buffalo NY. Only about an hour and 30 minute drive from there. I live in Buffalo and drove to Erie the night prior to my interview.

Accepted PBL Erie campus, just sent in my deposit! :soexcited:

Reactions: 2 users
Withdrew and cancelled interview I had for January 12. Hope the spot opens up for one you lovely people ❤️

II JUST NOW! My first of the cycle! LizzyM 66, non-trad, tons of EMS/ED experience (~4 years). Little sister is in Erie for college at Gannon, I am so excited to see her. My interview is Feb 9 if anyone else has the same day and wants to grab a coffee or something.

II! Interview scheduled for Feb 8.