2017-2018 LECOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Ok so when interviewing we have to choose a pathway, I'm not so familiar with this at all. What percentage of students do what pathways? What's the norm? Any major pros/cons to the different pathways? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Ok so when interviewing we have to choose a pathway, I'm not so familiar with this at all. What percentage of students do what pathways? What's the norm? Any major pros/cons to the different pathways? Thanks!
I went into the interview knowing very little about the pathways. They explain each one pretty thoroughly during the interview so that you have a decent amount of information by the time you need to make a decision. I can't speak to the relative popularity of each. Spending time thinking in advance about how you learn best will help you make a good decision.

Members don't see this ad :)
AlTErnaTe ((( booo....
I have noticed some people receive "alternate" and some "waitlist" I wonder if one of them is ranked.
cGPA ~3.7 s~3.6 501-505 mcat. thousands and thousands hours of paid direct patient experience. I'm confused...

Today my file changed from under review to "The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 30 days" has anyone gotten an acceptance letter after this change on their LECOM account?

AlTErnaTe ((( booo....
I have noticed some people receive "alternate" and some "waitlist" I wonder if one of them is ranked.
cGPA ~3.7 s~3.6 501-505 mcat. thousands and thousands hours of paid direct patient experience. I'm confused...
What's the difference between alternate and wait list?

Anyone else receive a decision yesterday?

They do have 2 lists (Alternate and Waitlist), not sure what that means tho

Last edited:
Today my file changed from under review to "The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 30 days" has anyone gotten an acceptance letter after this change on their LECOM account?
Mine changed on tuesday, waiting for the letter

Anyone else receive a decision yesterday?

Also- Alternate vs Waitlist might only be an SDN thing. Maybe people who are "Alternates" said they were "Waitlisted"? Can someone confirm?
I read the last year forum and some people received letters specifically saying "alternate", and others "waitlisted"

Do you guys think people will be taken off the alternate list soon? Or will this most likely happen after they're done interviewing in March in whenever?

Do you guys think people will be taken off the alternate list soon? Or will this most likely happen after they're done interviewing in March in whenever?
Probably closer to the end of March

AlTErnaTe ((( booo....
Did you interview? Your alternate might be based on the interview more than stats if so. Because those stats are good for DO.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you interview? Your alternate might be based on the interview more than stats if so. Because those stats are good for DO.
I did interview. I felt like my group interview was good, but I think I screwed up my one on one. (((

I'm interviewing next week at Erie, and I was wondering if you could talk a little bit more about your one-on-one interview? If you'd like, feel free to pm me about it. Thanks!
I don't think its a secret. After your group interview, you are offered a one on one, it is optional. You will have 8 minutes. They give you different situations, like why you, describe life obstacles you had to overcome in the past.... I had perfect responses, but at that point I was so tired mentally, I gave OK answers. I should have practiced my answers more.

Interviewed 12/15, received my letter for waitlist today... so now just more waiting. Yay. Really thought I interviewed well but I’m doing everything so late in the game.

AlTErnaTe ((( booo....
Wait so you got your letter 3 days after your portal changed?

Wait so you got your letter 3 days after your portal changed?
Yes, but I'm only 1.5 h away from this school. I'm still waiting on my letter from post bachelor application. My portal changed on the same day for both but I only received 1 letter.

Sent from my [device_name] using SDN mobile

What were your stats?

My academic stats were alright, 495 and 503 (all above 125) MCAT, cGPA 3.94 and sGPA 3.86. At least 3k patient care hours, almost a year of hospital volunteering. My issue I think was I just got my letter of rec from a physician, an MD which is fine but a DO would have been better, this week. So maybe they’ll receive that and change their minds I don’t know. In my group interview I definitely felt I was one of the more strong speakers than others but you never really know.

My academic stats were alright, 495 and 503 (all above 125) MCAT, cGPA 3.94 and sGPA 3.86. At least 3k patient care hours, almost a year of hospital volunteering. My issue I think was I just got my letter of rec from a physician, an MD which is fine but a DO would have been better, this week. So maybe they’ll receive that and change their minds I don’t know. In my group interview I definitely felt I was one of the more strong speakers than others but you never really know.
Now I'm confused even more. What exactly are they looking for in an applicant? Maybe because you are such a strong applicant they think you wouldn't attend their program .

Now I'm confused even more. What exactly are they looking for in an applicant? Maybe because you are such a strong applicant they think you wouldn't attend their program .

My stats were all higher. No letter from physician and I was accepted. It’s late in the game. Idk when they submitted their app but possibly late?

Last edited:
I was complete in September, and did have a letter from a DO, ortho surgeon. Still didnt get in. Now I'm wondering if they filled their spots by now

Stats all higher. No letter from physician and I was accepted. It’s late in the game. Idk when they submitted their app but possibly late?
You have to tell us your secret lol!!!

My stats were all higher. No letter from physician and I was accepted. It’s late in the game. Idk when they submitted their app but possibly late?

I was complete back in August (besides the MD letter) and didn’t get an II until end of October/Early November so I don’t feel as though it was so late my chances were gone. Just gotta keep pushing through I guess! Not an acceptance but not necessarily a rejection!

I was complete back in August (besides the MD letter) and didn’t get an II until end of October/Early November so I don’t feel as though it was so late my chances were gone. Just gotta keep pushing through I guess! Not an acceptance but not necessarily a rejection!
Yeah mine was similar time frame. It’s so subjective! Keep pushing! Anything else left this cycle? If you keep pushing, it will work out.

One thing I can think of, I dont have any community service experience. Only work, and volunteering abroad.

Yeah mine was similar time frame. It’s so subjective! Keep pushing! Anything else left this cycle? If you keep pushing, it will work out.

I have another interview scheduled for LECOM-B, and I'm basically still just waiting back from more schools for IIs, hoping my letter helps out. There are some secondaries I'm submitting SUPER late but it's what I'm working with.

Reactions: 1 users
I have another interview scheduled for LECOM-B, and I'm basically still just waiting back from more schools for IIs, hoping my letter helps out. There are some secondaries I'm submitting SUPER late but it's what I'm working with.
Best of luck to you! Don't give up.

Reactions: 2 users
I don't think its a secret. After your group interview, you are offered a one on one, it is optional. You will have 8 minutes. They give you different situations, like why you, describe life obstacles you had to overcome in the past.... I had perfect responses, but at that point I was so tired mentally, I gave OK answers. I should have practiced my answers more.

The one on one is optional!?

Yeah it is but is highly encouraged
I don’t need think you should overthink it. Probably you are over qualified. I received 4+DO interviews and 3 DO acceptances, and few MD interviews and LECOM put me on the alternate list back in September. This process is very strange, they might be looking for specific applicants, but who knows?!

I don’t need think you should overthink it. Probably you are over qualified. I received 4+DO interviews and 3 DO acceptances, and few MD interviews and LECOM put me on the alternate list back in September. This process is very strange, they might be looking for specific applicants, but who knows?!
Oh wow. Thank you. It was encouraging. But I really need to go to that school. Because of my family situation I can't move anywhere. So I guess I will do their post bachelor. I'm not rejected yet so maybe they will pull me off their waitlist later. But thank you again

Last edited:
Interviewed early December, just received waitlist notification in the mail this weekend, but I will be declining my spot. Best of luck to everyone!

Does anyone have a clue regarding this Waitlist vs Alternate list ordeal?

hey guys, i have my interview at the Erie campus later this week and my credits/letters still haven't been entered. Should I worry? I know the email said I'll be able to make sure everything is there on the day of the interview but how does that even work/what would I even do at that point? All my letters were through AACOMAS so they definitely have it all...just should I be checking in with them about it? Thanks

hey guys, i have my interview at the Erie campus later this week and my credits/letters still haven't been entered. Should I worry? I know the email said I'll be able to make sure everything is there on the day of the interview but how does that even work/what would I even do at that point? All my letters were through AACOMAS so they definitely have it all...just should I be checking in with them about it? Thanks
Mine did not update until a couple days prior.

Just got an email today about them uploading it this week and not worrying about it even on the day of the interview. I'm guessing I'll meet you on Friday ;)

Hey everyone. I’m trying to prepare as best I can for my Eerie interview next week. From what I understand, it’s not an MMI interview. It’s just a group interview with an optional one-on-one??

Hey everyone. I’m trying to prepare as best I can for my Eerie interview next week. From what I understand, it’s not an MMI interview. It’s just a group interview with an optional one-on-one??
Yep!

So they will ask after the group interview if we would like to interview further??

How long does the group interview last? Certain questions addressed? Thank you!
They said that a sign-up sheet will be handed out when the day starts for you to sign up for the 1-on-1 interview. I'm not exactly sure how long the group interview lasts- I'm interviewing this Thursday so I can let you know more about it once it's over.

So they will ask after the group interview if we would like to interview further??

How long does the group interview last? Certain questions addressed? Thank you!

They said that a sign-up sheet will be handed out when the day starts for you to sign up for the 1-on-1 interview. I'm not exactly sure how long the group interview lasts- I'm interviewing this Thursday so I can let you know more about it once it's over.

It lasts about an hour

Do they ask questions? Or is it more self directed like what would you like lecom to know about you?
My group had very direct interview type questions. Other groups had more scenario based questions. Guessing it depends on the interviewers for each group.