2017-2018 LECOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
They send decisions in the mail and not through phone call or email?
Yes. I think it was outlined somewhere in the decision making process. Decisions are said to take up to 30 days to arrive but it seems like most get the mail within 1-2 weeks.

Yes. I think it was outlined somewhere in the decision making process. Decisions are said to take up to 30 days to arrive but it seems like most get the mail within 1-2 weeks.
Can you receive a decision by mail, even when they forget to change your status on the portal?

Sorry if this answer has been answered in the past but I checked my Admissions status and it says that I will be notified when they make a decision. I interviewed two thursdays ago... they said the wednesday after the interview they usually make a decision even though you cannot see it on the portal right away. should I call since It does not even say they made a decision?

Sorry if this answer has been answered in the past but I checked my Admissions status and it says that I will be notified when they make a decision. I interviewed two thursdays ago... they said the wednesday after the interview they usually make a decision even though you cannot see it on the portal right away. should I call since It does not even say they made a decision?
I also interviewed that day! My portal still says the same thing so you're not alone. I would wait until the 30 day mark before making a call.

Reactions: 1 user

Some other applicants in this thread say that they have been waiting over 2 months since their interview to hear back, so I am assuming that the 30 day mark isn't very real lol

interviewed 2/1, portal changed on 2/7, received my acceptance letter in the mail on 2/15!

Reactions: 1 users
Interviewed 1/26. Portal changed today. AH - what will be the verdict!?

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed the day after you guys and no portal change. I even sent a letter of intent :(

Interviewed 1/26 as well and still no portal change. Looks like another waitlist at this point.

Interviewed 2/8 my portal just changed today saying a decision has been made

Good luck portal changers!! Fingers crossed for everyone!!

Reactions: 1 users
I interview here tomorrow. Can someone tell me how the group interview works?

So during the "group discussion" we first introduced ourselves and then they asked us two questions from a set list of questions. I think the first one was "Tell me a time you made a mistake" and the other was "3 words to describe professionalism." It looked like they had a list of questions to ask from. During the 1-1 interview, I think my questions were about a time where I used good judgement and problem solving and what are some qualities you can bring to LECOM. I think the questions are pretty straightforward although they could be different each interview session. I would say the group interview isn't a discussion but more the interviewer asks a question and then everyone, depending on who wants to go first, answers and then on to the next one. Talking to most groups, it looks like they only got through 1-2 questions as a group. Just be considerate of others and really demonstrate to the interviewers about your passion for LECOM- it's also important to be concise (don't talk forever because then others don't get a chance to answer the question). Let me know if you have any other questions!

My group interview was more scenario/ethics based. It is very low stress. Just be yourself - they’re looking at how you work in a group - don’t overpower the others but don’t be too timid either. Good luck!

I never got a notification, just checked every hour like a maniac
Does anyone know if there is a day or time of day the portal usually changes? Or should I just be checking all day every day?

Does anyone know if there is a day or time of day the portal usually changes? Or should I just be checking all day every day?
Hm not sure cause mine changed around 4 and I noticed someone else posted theirs changed in the morning

checked mine today, without getting a notification, and found that they have made a decision!

I received an email on 2/19 saying:

"Hello throwaway2468,

I hope this email finds you well! I just wanted to reach out and let you know that you are still on hold with us, but we look forward to reviewing your application in the future."

Not sure what to make of this. This is the first email I received from LECOM since submitting my secondary, so I find it strange that they emailed me and that I found out this way that my application has been on hold. Is it just a silent rejection? Did anyone else receive this email?

Hm not sure cause mine changed around 4 and I noticed someone else posted theirs changed in the morning
Thanks!! I guess I’ll just have to keep looking for updates. I didn’t know if they batch sent out decisions on Thursday after deliberating on Wednesday. Oh well it’s just a part of the process I guess

Letter just came in but I’m at work for the next ~10hrs! Anyone have any idea if their acceptance is distinguishable from their rejected letter appearance from the outside?

Well I got put on the waitlist. Hopefully that doesn’t mean it’s over for me this round yet.

Seems like LECOM is waitlisting a lot of people.. is that pretty usual for LECOM?

How's student life at LECOM? Are there a lot of initiatives outside of academic/medicine?

Well now I’m really nervous about my letter. Seems like everyone who got the portal change the other day got a WL. Will update when it arrives. I’m clear across the country :/

I interviewed on 2/9, and I just got waitlisted today as well .. 3.75 gpa and 504 mcat scores. I only have two waitinglists and no acceptances so far. Regret that I applied too late to DO schools.

Does anyone know what the situation is in regards to sending thank you emails after interviews?

Do they want them? Or it's not really a big deal? and if they do - do we just send them to the admissions email?
Sent them. Was accepted. Take it for what it is.

I am at a somewhat leisurely rate.
I just signed a lease today actually, they supposedly fly out once April hits because there is the new students day thing that everyone comes up to find housing during. So I would try and beat the rush and do it sometime in March

I just signed a lease today actually, they supposedly fly out once April hits because there is the new students day thing that everyone comes up to find housing during. So I would try and beat the rush and do it sometime in March
Thank you for the heads up! I'm not too far away, so I guess ill go down there at the end of March.