2017-2018 PhD/PsyD Interview Invite Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone heard from Stony Brook University or University of Florida?
UF Clinical Psychology program sent out mass email invite according to grad cafe. Some Counseling Psychology PI's sent out invitations, but haven't seen anything that is indicative of all invites being sent out yet.

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone heard from Stony Brook University or University of Florida?
I heard from UF. Just hadn't posted here yet:

School Name: University of Florida
Date Interview Invite Received: 12/20
Degree: PhD
Type: Clinical
Track: N/A
Notified via: email directly to me, but seemed generic
Interview Date: 2/22-2/24
Additional Info: prefer you arrive Thurs evening, Friday main day, Saturday has a BBQ and you can plan to leave as early as 2pm, option to schedule phone interview if you can't make it.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard from Temple, U Denver, or Washington State Univeristy? If so would you mind messaging me you POI's initials?

Hi, like the post above, I would like to know if anyone has heard from or knows the status of:

UC Berkeley
UCLA
UCSD/SDSU
Uni. of North Texas
Sam Houston State
Penn State
All for Clinical Psychology/Clinical Science Ph.D.

I'm a bit late to the party on posting this (just made an account), but I was contacted by Sam Houston State:

School Name: Sam Houston State University
Date Interview Invite Received: 12/15/2017
Type: Clinical (Forensic Emphasis)
Notified via: Call
Interview Date: 3/2/2018

Reactions: 2 users
Also—

I saw on TGC that some people have been notified by University of North Texas and Purdue University for Counseling Psychology. Does anyone know if any Clinical Psychology applicants have been notified?

I'm a bit late to the party on posting this (just made an account), but I was contacted by Sam Houston State:

School Name: Sam Houston State University
Date Interview Invite Received: 12/15/2017
Type: Clinical (Forensic Emphasis)
Notified via: Call
Interview Date: 3/2/2018

Hey if you're comfortable, would you mind messaging me the POI that contacted you? No worries if you're not. Thank you! :)

Reactions: 1 user
School: Virginia Tech
Type: Clinical Psychology, PhD
Date of invite: 12/23/17
Type of invite: Email from POI
Interview date(s): 02/08/18 - 02/09/18
Additional Info: POI was sick and contacted me late so don't give up if you're still waiting!

Also—

I saw on TGC that some people have been notified by University of North Texas and Purdue University for Counseling Psychology. Does anyone know if any Clinical Psychology applicants have been notified?

Sorry what is TGC? I’m new here.. thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry what is TGC? I’m new here.. thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So sorry! TGC = "The Grad Cafe." They have a results page and a forum. I'll DM you the links!

I would like to know as well! I applied to Stony Brook too :)

I did see someone on grad cafe who got contacted by their POI from Stony Brook.
I'm not sure if you still need an answer to this, but Stony Brook is now starting phone interviews and will contact people for in person interviews over the next few weeks.

I'm not sure if you still need an answer to this, but Stony Brook is now starting phone interviews and will contact people for in person interviews over the next few weeks.
Hey, thanks so much for the info! I appreciate it :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey, thanks so much for the info! I appreciate it :)

Thank you!! What constitutes the difference between receiving a phone interview and an in person interview other than the obvious? Like is it based off of the POI or is a phone interview the next step for some before an in person?

Thank you!! What constitutes the difference between receiving a phone interview and an in person interview other than the obvious? Like is it based off of the POI or is a phone interview the next step for some before an in person?
At this stage? It's probably the latter. I had several phone interviews in which in I was extended in-person interviews. The only times I had only phone interviews is when I couldn't make the in-person interviews and asked for a alternate date or phone/Skype interviews.

The POI said that the phone interview is basically a "long list" to evaluate fit before narrowing it down for in person interviews. However, this may be a little different for me compared to others - I'm interviewing with someone who I didn't apply to work with. I hadn't applied to them as they hadn't planned on accepting students, but I guess that some spots opened up and our interests aligned well so they reached out. So this call may be a little more introductory for me compared to others.

Temple University
Date Interview Invite Received: 12/22
Degree
: PhD
Notified via: Personal email.
Interview Date: 1/19 or 1/22

Has anyone heard from Vanderbilt? Can you please post or send me POI's info?

Additonally can people who have heard from Rochester/Notre Dame send me POI's info?

Temple University
Degree
Congrats! Could you PM me your POIs initials?

Anyone else not hear anything from any schools yet and kind of want to pull their hair out? :p haha...

Reactions: 3 users
Anyone else not hear anything from any schools yet and kind of want to pull their hair out? :p haha...

Yes! But five of my 7 programs haven't popped up on tgc survey at all for this application round. Of the two that have, one has only popped up with rejections. I don't think it's hair pulling time, yet. ;)

Potentially a dumb question, but gonna ask it anyway: if my (University of North Texas) application status on myUNT is marked "Defer Decision," that would indicate that I'm definitely not in their round 1 of interview invites, but that I haven't been completely rejected yet...correct? Just trying to make sure I understand the (disappointing) terminology.

Potentially a dumb question, but gonna ask it anyway: if my (University of North Texas) application status on myUNT is marked "Defer Decision," that would indicate that I'm definitely not in their round 1 of interview invites, but that I haven't been completely rejected yet...correct? Just trying to make sure I understand the (disappointing) terminology.

Im not sure too. I had the same thought and question.

Temple University
Degree

Congratulations :) Would you mind PMing me your POI initials as well?

Given my experience as a previous applicant there, knowing how many people they interviewed for the number of spots they have, I kind of doubt this is the case. They interview many more people than spots, so I can't imagine them having so many bad interviews that they have to go back to the uninvited folks in order to fill their spots. My guess would be that they simply haven't gone through all the apps and made all the invite decisions yet. But, I also don't know what info you were given about when you would hear back, or if there are other people who have received invites.

Oh, it's occurring to me that they have two programs. I only interviewed for the Counseling Psych program, so can't speak to the Clinical Psych one.

Given my experience as a previous applicant there, knowing how many people they interviewed for the number of spots they have, I kind of doubt this is the case. They interview many more people than spots, so I can't imagine them having so many bad interviews that they have to go back to the uninvited folks in order to fill their spots. My guess would be that they simply haven't gone through all the apps and made all the invite decisions yet. But, I also don't know what info you were given about when you would hear back, or if there are other people who have received invites.

Oh, it's occurring to me that they have two programs. I only interviewed for the Counseling Psych program, so can't speak to the Clinical Psych one.

Very good thought, thank you. One person on TGC posted having received an invite for Clinical Psych, but the school never promised any specific response-by date so I suppose it is possible that they haven't gone through them all yet. I'm trying not to hold out too much hope, though, so as not to open myself up to disappointment.

School: Stony Brook University
Type: Clinical PhD
Date of invite: 12/30/2017
Interview date(s): 1/16-1/17 and 1/17-1/18
Additional Info: Had phone interview and was notified of in person interview later that day. This is not the POI whom I applied to, but they are a better research fit and just decided to interview students.

Date of invite: 1/2/18
Interview date(s): 1/16-1/17

School: Vanderbilt University
Interview date(s): 1/26/18

Hey, if you're comfortable would you mind sending me the POI's name for Stony Brook? Thank you!

School Name: University of Indianapolis
Date Interview Invite Received: 12/13/17
Degree
: PsyD
Track:
Notified via: Email--personal
Interview Date: 1/12/18
Additional Info:
social event the night after the interview, interview housing w/ current doctoral students

You are on FIRE! Congratulations!!

UCLA
Date Interview Invite Received: 12/19
Degree
Type: Health Psych
Notified via: phone call
Interview Date: 2/09

School Name: University of Nebraska-Lincoln
Date Interview Invite Received: 1/4
Notified via: Email
Interview Date: Feb 23 (full weekend)

Reactions: 2 users
School Name: USC
Date Interview Invite Received: 1/4/18
Degree
Type: Clinical Science
Notified via: Email from PI, followed by email from Director of Clinical Training
Interview Date: 1/25-1/26
Additional Info:
Dinner on 1/25 for applicants and graduate students, partial reimbursement possible.

School Name: UC Berkeley
Date Interview Invite Received: January 4, 2018
Type: Experimental (Developmental)
Notified via: Email
Interview Date: January 22 - 23rd, 2018
Additional Info: Expenses will be partly covered. On their website they mentioned that the interview invites were already sent out (in December) so I lost hope in this school, but I just got the e-mail now. I haven't received an e-mail from a PI yet to know how the 23rd schedule will go. So don't lose hope!

School Name: USC
Date Interview Invite Received: 1/4/18
Degree
Type: Clinical Science
Notified via: Email from PI, followed by email from Director of Clinical Training
Interview Date: 1/25-1/26
Additional Info:
Dinner on 1/25 for applicants and graduate students, partial reimbursement possible.

Is this University of Southern California? If so, is your decision posted on the application portal? Congrats btw!

Would appreciate any info on UCLA or University of Pittsburgh!

Has anyone heard from University of Miami? I saw someone post on TGC but wasn’t sure if it was an email from POI or generic

Has anyone heard from University of Miami? I saw someone post on TGC but wasn’t sure if it was an email from POI or generic

Yes, two people messaged me that they had heard from U Miami (just updated on the front page). One said they heard before the break and one said they heard after, but both from individual PIs. Hope thats helpful.

Anyone applying for Auburn's Counseling Psych program, or GA Southern's PsyD program?