This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yes! I have already accepted it. I'm kind of happy because I was PCOM > VCOM to begin with. I think your MCAT should boost you up! Haha and thanks, scribing and sticking to it really paid off. Good luck to you! Let me know what happens with VCOM
Good luck at PCOM! I have a friend finishing up in their program and she likes it. She is actually doing the 2nd year before applying to their DO program.

When did you apply here? Were you silent until the rejection? I have a low MCAT but a high GPA, so I hope that's not a bad sign for me.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everyone,

Just got my acceptance email from Alisa.

My stats:
Overall GPA: 3.4
Science GPA: Around 3.4 with repeats
MCAT: 490, I plan on retaking before I start though.

My application was completed sometime Mid/Late Feb (16-22)

Any questions?

Reactions: 6 users
Hey everyone,

My stats:

Any questions?

AHHHH congrats! What ECs did you have?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone,

My stats:

Any questions?
did you transfer your app?

AHHHH congrats! What ECs did you have?
Ummm, I am a lab supervisor at a drug addiction center so I get a lot of patient hours that way.

I also was VP for Timmy Global Health, a global health organization for two years. We planned medical mission trips to Ecuador. I was directly responsible for finding doctors/nurses and student volunteers.

I was also a RM (Same thing as a RA) for 3 years.

I've also shadowed shadowed about 50 hours in total. MD and DO. (total, not 50 each)

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 user
did you transfer your app?
Nah. My MCAT is too low to be competitive for DO. In my opinion at least.

Thanks!! I'm excited to move up there. It's a beautiful area.

Ummm, I am a lab supervisor at a drug addiction center so I get a lot of patient hours that way.

I also was VP for Timmy Global Health, a global health organization for two years. We planned medical mission trips to Ecuador. I was directly responsible for finding doctors/nurses and student volunteers.

I was also a RM (Same thing as a RA) for 3 years.

I've also shadowed shadowed about 50 hours in total. MD and DO. (total, not 50 each)

Don't ummm, those are some sick ECs. Good work!

Don't ummm, those are some sick ECs. Good work!
Hahaha thanks. I'm standing in line for food so I had to think about it. Lol. Best of luck to you and everyone else too!

Good luck at PCOM! I have a friend finishing up in their program and she likes it. She is actually doing the 2nd year before applying to their DO program.

When did you apply here? Were you silent until the rejection? I have a low MCAT but a high GPA, so I hope that's not a bad sign for me.

Thank you! That's definitely reassuring to hear. I applied to VCOM in mid-december. I was not, I was in touch with Alisa throughout the process. Good luck to you!

Thank you! That's definitely reassuring to hear. I applied to VCOM in mid-december. I was not, I was in touch with Alisa throughout the process. Good luck to you!

Did they give any particular information in your rejection, or just generic?

Members don't see this ad :)
if i applied in end of february
i should expect to hear back in early may??

do you guys know of other programs similar to this one that i can apply to

yeah i didnt know they rejected people

Well I mean if 400-500 apply.....

3.1 overall GPA and 2.9 sGPA. My MCAT was horrible (490s). I have 1,000+ hours of clinical experience, volunteering

Yes, sorry to hear that...(I think there are still many with deadlines approaching that are not rolling admissions. Can I give you a list? Sorry I have no clue) But maybe because of the 3.0 science GPA that they ask for. You should see how it was calculated or do the calculation yourself in excel. That may explain it

Do you guys think I can email Alissa Hewitt and ask her what my science gpa is

Well I mean if 400-500 apply.....

Yes, sorry to hear that...(I think there are still many with deadlines approaching that are not rolling admissions. Can I give you a list? Sorry I have no clue) But maybe because of the 3.0 science GPA that they ask for. You should see how it was calculated or do the calculation yourself in excel. That may explain it

Thank you. I definitely will. Did you apply/ have you heard back yet?

you should be able to calculate that on your own, theres even online calculators

no because i gave her a list of repeats and she said she doesnt know if those repeats will apply in the calculation but she wont know for sure until she does the calculation. the repeats dont match the names arent identical but i sent her course description

Was super hoping to hear back this week. Looks like another weekend of anxiety ahead. :/

Reactions: 4 users
Was super hoping to hear back this week. Looks like another weekend of anxiety ahead. :/
Have faith! I went to the open house for the DO program a couple of weeks ago but the Dean of the post-bacc was there. He said they are probably going to accept close to 110 this year.

Reactions: 5 users
Have faith! I went to the open house for the DO program a couple of weeks ago but the Dean of the post-bacc was there. He said they are probably going to accept close to 110 this year.

Oooh that's good to hear. It's just getting so hard to be patient when I want to start planning my future. I have to move across the entire country!! :)

Reactions: 5 users

yayyyyyyy

For the future, they should use an online portal so that we can see our status and be sane!!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Then the status will just stay at "in process" forever lol
I'm trying to not check SDN so often but it's nice to see we're all in the same boat

Reactions: 3 users
if i applied in end of february when should i expect to hear back without annoying any of them

Hey everyone,

My stats:

Any questions?[/QUOTE
Hey Congrats on your Acceptance !! Awesome! Did you apply via ACOMAS ? or Transfer your application from D.O.? My application was completed by Feb 2nd. but I still haven't heard back :(

Does anyone know if I have a 3.9 GPA, and low MCAT score but Im retaking it next month.
Will the low mcat score prevent me from getting in this program?

Does anyone know if I have a 3.9 GPA, and low MCAT score but Im retaking it next month.
A low MCAT score definitely won't hurt your chances. I went to the open house a couple of weeks ago and talked to the Dean about this because I only have a 490. He said they don't really look at it. So I wouldn't stress about that.

If you have a 3.9 there is literally no reason you shouldn't just buy an MCAT prep program and apply MD. This wouldn't be the right program for you.

Reactions: 2 users
If you have a 3.9 there is literally no reason you shouldn't just buy an MCAT prep program and apply MD. This wouldn't be the right program for you.
Very very very good point. At that point, I would dish the cash on private tutoring cause it would be cheaper than tuition.

Very very very good point. At that point, I would dish the cash on private tutoring cause it would be cheaper than tuition.

Seriously, even a Kaplan course that's ridiculously expensive would be a literal fraction of what this program is and would fix the only thing you'd be lacking in in terms of stats. This program is great for people with low GPAs that can't get it back up through retakes, etc. Your GPA is too good for this program and would be a waste of your time and money.

Hey, I didn't apply ACOMAS or transfer my application.

Have you checked with Alisa and asked where your application is along the process?

Best of luck!

Hey, I didn't apply ACOMAS or transfer my application.

Have you checked with Alisa and asked where your application is along the process?

Best of luck!

I did check with her, she said the committee is reviewing right now.
So, I hope I will hear back soon:(

Seriously, even a Kaplan course that's ridiculously expensive would be a literal fraction of what this program is and would fix the only thing you'd be lacking in in terms of stats. This program is great for people with low GPAs that can't get it back up through retakes, etc. Your GPA is too good for this program and would be a waste of your time and money.
Thanks, for the input. I thought about that too. I graduated two years ago. I forgot a lot of my materials already. Thats why I thought maybe this program is good for gap year. I will still apply other schools though.

A low MCAT score definitely won't hurt your chances. I went to the open house a couple of weeks ago and talked to the Dean about this because I only have a 490. He said they don't really look at it. So I wouldn't stress about that.

Thanks zashah! I really appreciate the input. I am debating it too. I am not sure what should I do! Just out of school for 2 years really got me thinking.... Im so nervous and lost:(

yeah because the MCAT isnt required

Yeah, it's not required but I feel like they only accept students that have already taken the exam. Hopefully I'm wrong though because I have yet to take mine!

I'm fairly certain there are lots of people who have got in without it. I don't think it gives much of an edge considering you just need a 494 to get in (which if you put in even a small amount of time studying, it shouldn't be an issue).

Reactions: 1 users
Yeah, it's not required but I feel like they only accept students that have already taken the exam. Hopefully I'm wrong though because I have yet to take mine!
There have been some acceptances on this thread without an MCAT score, don't get discouraged! I hope we hear something this week!

okay so i emailed ms hewitt and i have

i no people in past years a close friend that was accepted without mcat