2018-2019 AMCAS Application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MissPi

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi there!

It’s official! May 1st has finally arrived.The AMCAS application opens today. Start uploading your documents now! Take your best shot. There is no better time than the present. Best of luck to every applicant.

Be encouraged ;).

MissPi

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Question: I submitted my LORs through interfolio awhile ago and they are marked received on AMCAS primary and I have assigned letters to Georgetown in my school list. However, Georgetown says they do not have the LORs. Is this common?

Thanks guys : )

Question: I submitted my LORs through interfolio awhile ago and they are marked received on AMCAS primary and I have assigned letters to Georgetown in my school list. However, Georgetown says they do not have the LORs. Is this common?

Thanks guys : )

Application transmission started yesterday. It will probably take a couple of days if not a couple of weeks for all schools to download every app and the accompanying materials.

Hi

So I already submitted my AMCAS for verification, and not even a day passed, and I found out that my CNA class that I took in high school was accepted as college credit. I didn’t send the transcript, and it isn’t on my UG transcript.

I was thinking of sending the transcript along with the secondary. I’ll also write a note with it.

What do you guys think I should do?

I am confused? it was accepted as college credit by whom? you have a transcript from the CNA school?

I will tell you what you shouldnt do... do not, repeat, do not send the transcript along with the secondary! Why? Because your are now telling each and every school that you have knowing submitted an AMCAS with incorrect information on it, leaving a school out. you just need one school who decides that this needs to be reported to AMCAS. While it probably wouldnt amount to anything but an unintentional oversight (as it was CNA and certainly not obviously college) but it may significantly delay your application.

So what do you do now? You can either fully withdraw your application which would mean not applying this year. Or you can wait for acceptance and see if you get a question on this. If you did at that point, you will likely be required to submit a very short letter to the dean explaining the unintentional oversight for something that was taken during HS and not obviously a college level course. I consider this very low risk. This goes under the concept "sometimes it is easier to apologize than ask permission"
I am confused? it was accepted as college credit by whom? you have a transcript from the CNA school?

I will tell you what you shouldnt do... do not, repeat, do not send the transcript along with the secondary! Why? Because your are now telling each and every school that you have knowing submitted an AMCAS with incorrect information on it, leaving a school out. you just need one school who decides that this needs to be reported to AMCAS. While it probably wouldnt amount to anything but an unintentional oversight (as it was CNA and certainly not obviously college) but it may significantly delay your application.

So what do you do now? You can either fully withdraw your application which would mean not applying this year. Or you can wait for acceptance and see if you get a question on this. If you did at that point, you will likely be required to submit a very short letter to the dean explaining the unintentional oversight for something that was taken during HS and not obviously a college level course. I consider this very low risk. This goes under the concept "sometimes it is easier to apologize than ask permission"

My high school offered the CNA program, and after completing the class, we had the option of applying for college credit at the local community college. I forgot that I signed the forms to apply for college credit. I wasn’t thinking of this CNA class when I was filling out amcas because it is more of a technical class.

On a side, I’m sure this is asked too often. But a submission in July shouldn’t put me at a huge disadvantage as long as my secondaries are in before September?

So what do you do now? 1) You can either fully withdraw your application which would mean not applying this year. 2) Or you can wait for acceptance and see if you get a question on this. If you did at that point, you will likely be required to submit a very short letter to the dean explaining the unintentional oversight for something that was taken during HS and not obviously a college level course. I consider this very low risk. This goes under the concept "sometimes it is easier to apologize than ask permission"
Since verification is not completed yet for this applicant, how do you feel about a 3rd option of having the Community College submit an original transcript to AMCAS with AMCAS ID attached? AMCAS would add the omitted class during the verification process.

Thanks for the replies!

The issue was resolved today. I called AMCAS, and they said they are still in the process of verifying applications from 6/8 - 6/25. Surprisingly, I took four classes. They said that when they receive the transcript and begin the process of verifying, they will add the four classes, however, the four classes will be included in the 4/9 mistakes allowed before sending my application back. So long as I don't exceed the 9 errors, they will process my application.

I used rushed delivery with FedEx. I will also work on secondaries for schools that don't usually screen primary applications to get a faster turn around since I won't be verified until around mid-August. BTW, AMCAS support said the wait time for verification right now is around 3.5 - 4 weeks. Hopefully it won't be too long by the time my application is reviewed.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Submitting a transcript to AMCAS for a school that is not listed and courses that are not there? They may/should kick it back to applicant but there is a small chance could prompt an "investigation" (reviewed by a real person). This issue is small enough that call AMCAS and asking is probably ok.

"I neglected to list a vocational class I took in HS that I apparently got college credit for; what can I do about it?"

Someone asked this on Twitter recently and the response was that they will add the courses, but if the errors exceed 10, it will get kicked back for the student to fix and the app will then renter the verification queue for returned apps.

Reactions: 1 users
I called AMCAS, and they said they are still in the process of verifying applications from 6/8 - 6/25. Surprisingly, I took four classes. They said that when they receive the transcript and begin the process of verifying, they will add the four classes, however, the four classes will be included in the 4/9 mistakes allowed before sending my application back. So long as I don't exceed the 9 errors, they will process my application.

I used rushed delivery with FedEx.
IMO, this is a best possible outcome for your peace of mind.

Reactions: 1 user