2018-2019 APPIC Internship Interview Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
-Full Site Name - Seattle VA Medical Center
-Track (if applicable) - N/A
-Rejection
-11/16
-How You Were Notified - Mass email

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
-Full Site Name: VA Puget Sound, Seattle
-Track: none
-Invitation
-Date of Notification: 11/16/17
-How You Were Notified: mass email
-Interview Dates : Open House January 4th

Reactions: 1 users
-Full Site Name: University of Florida Health Science Center
-Track: Neuropsychology
-Invitation
-How You Were Notified: personal email
-Interview Dates : January 5, 12, or 19
Ditto!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Is everyone getting the “we got your application” emails? I haven’t gotten any except the one and to clarify my proposal date....
All of the ones I've received (4 now) have been from university counseling centers. If you didn't apply to any of those, perhaps that could be a factor?

All of the ones I've received (4 now) have been from university counseling centers. If you didn't apply to any of those, perhaps that could be a factor?

Hmm I did! 3 of them! One had like 50 applicants last year so I’ll be real sad if I don’t get an interview lol..I think we are both in the same boat of not really wanting to move if we can help it. I applied to a mixture of sites.

Finally an interview!!

-Full Site Name: Massachusetts General Hospital/Harvard Medical School Internship in Clinical Psychology
-Invite
-How You Were Notified: Looks like a mass email
-Interview Date(s): Thursday, January 4th and Thursday, January 11th

556991ea-4274-425e-8bdd-39dafd07f44e.gif

-Full Site Name: University of Minnesota Medical School
-Track: Not really specified but I indicated interest in Child Clinical/Peds in my cover letter
-Invite or rejection: Invite!!
-How You Were Notified: Personal E-mail
-Interview Date(s): 12/19/17 or 1/8/18
-If & How You’re Staying Sane: I ate a vegetable yesterday..which is probably helping something on some level

Congratulations!!!!! So excited for you guys....these are also two of my sites - soooooo, it must be time to start obsessively refreshing my email again :scared:

Hahahaha I relate to this on the deepest level! :D

So I finally gave in and joined SDN in a bout of insomnia last night, after years of reading these boards (first for grad school apps, now for this roller coaster of a process). I love how supportive everyone is here and not gonna lie, also makes me feel better that I'm not the only one completely FLIPPING OUT :eek:

I also kinda joined to ask Slaney if you'll be my BFF? Pretty please?!

Nothing of substance to add (like an interview invite... I wish!! :arghh:) so carry on...

Quite frankly, I think we would all make a downright delightful bunch of friends, so I'm game! :happy:

Congratulations!!!!! So excited for you guys....these are also two of my sites - soooooo, it must be time to start obsessively refreshing my email again :scared:

Rooting for you!!! :clap: I also saw that someone just got an invite for one of my sites (Boys Town) so I am also obsessively refreshing my email. The refresh game is real, y'all.

-Full Site Name: Nebraska Internship Consortium in Professional Psychology
-Track (if applicable): Munroe-Meyer Institute Behavioral Pediatrics
-Invite
-Date of Notification: November 16th, 4:45
-How You Were Notified: Personal Email
-Interview Date: January 12th
-If & How You’re Staying Sane: Eating lots of poptarts & binging on Gossip Girl (for some reason, watching other people's drama is so relaxing)

No invites here...I guess I will have to start watching The Mindy Project and looking at more APPIC sites. EEEEEkk this waiting is frustrating

Hmm I did! 3 of them! One had like 50 applicants last year so I’ll be real sad if I don’t get an interview lol..I think we are both in the same boat of not really wanting to move if we can help it. I applied to a mixture of sites.

Oh, well maybe you just applied to the jerky ones, then. :p Idk. I've applied to 6, and it would be more if I hadn't missed so many deadlines. I truly am the worst.

:smack: :hello: :help:

And nah, I'd definitely like to get the hell out of Texas, just not quite to Alaska. But then there's the consideration that if a site isn't in a particularly appealing location, even if it's not as bad as Alaska, it costs more to move across the country than it does to move across town. So, lots of factors.

I'm applying fairly broadly, though. (Texas, Florida, Georgia, California, Utah, Missouri, North Carolina, West Virginia, and South Carolina). Some restriction based on cost of living in certain areas, cost of moving, and ****ty weather, though. :p

Oh, well maybe you just applied to the jerky ones, then. :p Idk. I've applied to 6, and it would be more if I hadn't missed so many deadlines. I truly am the worst.

:smack: :hello: :help:

And nah, I'd definitely like to get the hell out of Texas, just not quite to Alaska. But then there's the consideration that if a site isn't in a particularly appealing location, even if it's not as bad as Alaska, it costs more to move across the country than it does to move across town. So, lots of factors.

I'm applying fairly broadly, though. (Texas, Florida, Georgia, California, Utah, Missouri, North Carolina, West Virginia, and South Carolina). Some restriction based on cost of living in certain areas, cost of moving, and ****ty weather, though. :p
Perhaps we can try to keep some of the anti site-specific language down? Some people may actually be hoping to go to Alaska for internship. It's wonderful that it's not for everyone (actually helpful), but no need to consistently disparage a site to promote your own decision-making process.

No invites here...I guess I will have to start watching The Mindy Project and looking at more APPIC sites. EEEEEkk this waiting is frustrating

No need to panic yet! I think it's still relatively early to hear from sites, and I expect to hear from more next week...I've only heard from 4 of my 18 sites so far. You may have just applied to sites that all happen to send out notifications a little bit later. :)

Perhaps we can try to keep some of the anti site-specific language down? Some people may actually be hoping to go to Alaska for internship. It's wonderful that it's not for everyone (actually helpful), but no need to consistently disparage a site to promote your own decision-making process.

Thank you for this...

Members don't see this ad :)

Sorry, you’re right. I should clarify I have nothing against the site specifically or Alaska really. I’m sure they need applicants and the clients deserve the best care. My apologies to all!

Full Site Name: Marcus Autism Center
Track (if applicable): Treatment track
Invite or rejection: Invite
Date of Notification: 11/16/17
-How You Were Notified (mass email, personal email, phone): mass email
-Interview Date(s): 1/9, 1/12, 1/23, 1/29

It's definitely early to start hearing from sites. 10 of the 11 sites I applied to have a December 15th interview notification date. Waiting is really hard work...

Is there only one site there?

Regardless, I'd be shocked to learn anyone was trying to follow in my footsteps... and the first to recommend against any such actions.

Goodness ya'll are quick at getting things posted on here. Also got an interview for Cincinnati VAMC, Trauma Recovery Track. Looking forward to potentially meeting some of you in person!
I’m interviewing for the trauma track as well!!

556991ea-4274-425e-8bdd-39dafd07f44e.gif

-Full Site Name: University of Minnesota Medical School
-Track: Not really specified but I indicated interest in Child Clinical/Peds in my cover letter
-Invite or rejection: Invite!!
-How You Were Notified: Personal E-mail
-Interview Date(s): 12/19/17 or 1/8/18
-If & How You’re Staying Sane: I ate a vegetable yesterday..which is probably helping something on some level

Same!! Got my first invite and I am so thrilled!!!

Reactions: 3 users
Ok. So today has come and gone with no notification from UAB (their notification date was posted as today 11/16). I know some people in my speciality already got invites and I saw others who also got a rejection email. So I was expecting to also receive an email either way but radio silence. Anyone else apply to UAB and not get notified yet? Are they definitely sending out rejection emails to people?

Is it just me or does it seem like university counseling centers send notifications later? It's been complete radio silence over here! The waiting is the worst part..I have found myself binge watching netflix, drinking all the warm beverages, and bursting into random hysterical laughter. Tottallly normal..I hope...:unsure:

Full Site Name: Yale
-Track (if applicable): Adult Inpatient
-Invite or rejection: Invite!!!
-Date of Notification: 11/16
-How You Were Notified (mass email, personal email, phone): personal email
-Interview Date(s): 1/5, 1/8, 1/12
-If & How You’re Staying Sane: All the restorative yoga!!!

Reactions: 7 users

Congrats!!!!! I applied to the beh med track. I wonder if they all go out at the same time. Fingers crossed!

Congrats!!!!! I applied to the beh med track. I wonder if they all go out at the same time. Fingers crossed!
I applied to a different track there, too! Let's add this one to the list of "refreshing my email obsessively in the hopes of an email from...." o_O

Also, after looking at the threads from the last 2 years, it seems like invites for different tracks go out on different days. Naturally.

-Southwest Behavioral & Health Services
-Specified both Outpatient/ School & Community Based Services
-Invite
-11/15
-personal email
- Jan 5, Jan 8

-FMC Fort Worth
-Forensic eval and gen pop rotations
-Invitation to fill out USA Jobs app
11/15
-personal email and phone call

-Travis County Juvenile Probation Department
-Interview Invite
-Personal email on 11/15 and phone call on 11/16 to set up interview

I applied to a different track there, too! Let's add this one to the list of "refreshing my email obsessively in the hopes of an email from...." o_O

Also, after looking at the threads from the last 2 years, it seems like invites for different tracks go out on different days. Naturally.

Slaney, I'm dying here. And last years thread is confusing. I know for a fact that the intervfo

I feel like I was holding it together until I saw Yale. I am surprised! It is two weeks earlier then last year. I'm back to rocking in a corner. :boom:

-FMC Fort Worth
-Forensic eval and gen pop rotations
-Invitation to fill out USA Jobs app
11/15
-personal email and phone call

-Travis County Juvenile Probation Department
-Interview Invite
-Personal email on 11/15 and phone call on 11/16 to set up interview

Congrats on FMC Fort Worth! I though the BOP sites had all finished. I just finished my usajobs app today. Good luck! =)

Sorry if I'm acting crazy haha but what time did they send the email?

Slaney, I'm dying here. And last years thread is confusing. I know for a fact that the intervfo

I feel like I was holding it together until I saw Yale. I am surprised! It is two weeks earlier then last year. I'm back to rocking in a corner. :boom:

Sorry if I'm acting crazy haha but what time did they send the email?

Nope, totally with you there on this one. And omg, thank you for asking about the time because I was just about to do the same thing hahah

Nope, totally with you there on this one. And omg, thank you for asking about the time because I was just about to do the same thing hahah

Yale has been my dream forever. One of the first things I said to my mentor was, "Hi. I would like to go to Yale for internship. What do I need to do to make that happen?" I've calmed down quite a bit since then but we all have that place hahaha. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you Slaney!!!!

Yale has been my dream forever. One of the first things I said to my mentor was, "Hi. I would like to go to Yale for internship. What do I need to do to make that happen?" I've calmed down quite a bit since then but we all have that place hahaha. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you Slaney!!!!
Mine are crossed for you, too!! :happy:

Every time I get an email from the effin ABCT listserv
FG39BTa.gif

No need to panic yet! I think it's still relatively early to hear from sites, and I expect to hear from more next week...I've only heard from 4 of my 18 sites so far. You may have just applied to sites that all happen to send out notifications a little bit later. :)

So far I’ve seen 5 of my sites already send offers

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Is it just me or does it seem like university counseling centers send notifications later? It's been complete radio silence over here! The waiting is the worst part..I have found myself binge watching netflix, drinking all the warm beverages, and bursting into random hysterical laughter. Tottallly normal..I hope...:unsure:

Yes UCCs send later notifications. My site hasnt even printed out APPIC applications or anything. We are dealing with all the crises, hospitalizations, problem students, mad parents, etc. It's that time in the semester!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Finally an interview!!

-Full Site Name: Massachusetts General Hospital/Harvard Medical School Internship in Clinical Psychology
-Invite
-How You Were Notified: Looks like a mass email
-Interview Date(s): Thursday, January 4th and Thursday, January 11th
Full Site Name: Marcus Autism Center
Track (if applicable): Treatment track
Invite or rejection: Invite
Date of Notification: 11/16/17
-How You Were Notified (mass email, personal email, phone): mass email
-Interview Date(s): 1/9, 1/12, 1/23, 1/29
Thank you for the update. I applied for the Treatment Track, do you know if any invites went out for that track? anxioussss!!!

Sanley, I applied to the Young Adult and Consultation Track. please let me know if you hear something. Don't think invites for these tracks went out

Sanley, I applied to the Young Adult and Consultation Track. please let me know if you hear something. Don't think invites for these tracks went out

I'm not glad that you didn't here but you brought me some relief because I'm over here in a little anxious ball.

Hear **** pardon all of my spelling errors. My brain is going too fast hahaha.

I haven't heard anything but will post, good news or bad, if/when I do!

Full Site Name: Aurora Mental Health Center
-Track: Asian Pacific Development Center track
-Invite or rejection: Invite
-How You Were Notified (mass email, personal email, phone): Mass email
-Interview Date(s): 1/5 & 1/8
-If & How You’re Staying Sane: Taking naps. Lots of naps :D

Ok. So today has come and gone with no notification from UAB (their notification date was posted as today 11/16). I know some people in my speciality already got invites and I saw others who also got a rejection email. So I was expecting to also receive an email either way but radio silence. Anyone else apply to UAB and not get notified yet? Are they definitely sending out rejection emails to people?

I'm in the same boat! Their notification date was today, but haven't heard anything. I received an email from them early in the week (M or T?) saying my application was under review (child track) and I should hear back by the end of the week. So...tomorrow?

Full Site Name: Cincinnati VA
-Invite or rejection: Rejection (66% rejection rate me for me now :/ me sad)
-If & How You’re Staying Sane: Working out, beer, and Stranger Things 2.

Full Site Name: Cincinnati VA
-Invite or rejection: Rejection (66% rejection rate me for me now :/ me sad)
-If & How You’re Staying Sane: Working out, beer, and Stranger Things 2.

1AE9F924-5A58-453E-9AE5-ED51D34E80F6.gif

Reactions: 3 users

I am at a college counseling center now and we are slammed. I think most centers wait until the semester ends before they really get to looking. I have also checked out previous notification days and they seem to stick to what they name as their notification day. The vast majority of ones I have applied to say 12/15 to 1218. I think we are gonna have to suffer for a while!

I have no idea if anyone on here will relate, but are any of you new moms who are currently breastfeeding and will need to pump come interview time? I believe interview schedules are back to back for most of the day and I'm starting to worry I won't have time or a place to pump in between interviews. Any advice out there?

Congrats on FMC Fort Worth! I though the BOP sites had all finished. I just finished my usajobs app today. Good luck! =)
Aw that's so nice of you! I was very shocked because I know they notified a week ago and I was not expecting it so I am thankful! That USA Jobs App is not fun! haha

If we're going to be losing our minds for the next four months, might as well get a head start. :nailbiting:

This is a running list of interview notifications and rejections for the 2018-2019 APPIC internship application cycle. Please utilize the following format when providing information on interview notifications:

Note: Updates may be posted on this thread or sent to me privately. Once invites start to roll in, the goal will be to review and update at least once a day.

-Full Site Name (please use the full name - to keep the list in alphabetical order)
-Track (if applicable)
-Invite or rejection
-Date of Notification
-How You Were Notified (mass email, personal email, phone)
-Interview Date(s)
-If & How You’re Staying Sane

May the force be with you & May the odds be ever in your favor!

View attachment 224996
Updated on 11/16/2017 [3:36 pm EST] (new posts in bold; updated sites in blue)

*Note for USAJobs (courtesy of vegpsych) 11/13/2017: "OKAY- for all of us applying through the USA jobs application. I just spoke to someone on the phone and he said upload a copy of your AAPI, and they are aware that the categories of where we can attach files doesn't exactly match up well and they will check every document we upload regardless of what category we put it under. So that was a relief - basically just make sure you have your transcript, enrollment verification certificate, and a copy of the AAPI uploaded somewhere."

Invitations to Interview:

Aurora Mental Health Center - 11/9 via personal email (child/family track), dates: 1/8, 1/19, 1/22

Baruch College Counseling Center - 11/3, 11/6 via email, dates: 12/8, 12/12, 12/14

Charleston Consortium - 11/9 via mass email (substance abuse & traumatic stress tracks), dates: 12/8, 12/11, 12/15, 1/5, 1/6, 1/8, 1/12, 1/15, 1/19, 1/20, 1/22, 1/26
Children's Mercy Kansas City - 11/10 via phone call (ped psych track), dates: 1/8, 1/9; 11/13 via phone call (child clinical track), dates: same as ped psych
Children’s Minnesota - 11/13 via personal email, dates: 12/13, 12/14, 12/18
Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center - 11/13 via phone call (child clinical track & peds track), dates: 12/8, 12/13, 12/15, 1/10

Eastern Virginia Medical School - 11/15 via mass email (ped beh/med hospital line), dates: 1/23 (8am, 10am, 12pm); 11/15 via mass email (adult inpatient/med hospital line), dates: 1/2, 1/17

FCC Butner - 11/9 via mass email to complete USAjobs app
FCC Petersburg - 11/9 via mass email to complete USAjobs app
FCC Terre Haute - 11/9 via mass email to complete USAjobs app
FCI Terminal Island - 11/8 via mass email to complete USAjobs app
Florida State Multidisciplinary Eval and Consult Center - 11/15 via personal email, dates: 12/12, 12/13, 12/14
FMC Devens - 11/9 via mass email to complete USAjobs app
FMC Fort Worth - 11/8 via mass email to complete USAjobs app
FMC Lenxington - 11/9 via mass email to complete USAjobs app
FMC Rochester - 11/10 via mass email to complete USAjobs app

Greater Hartford Consortium - 11/14 via mass email, dates: 11/30, 12/1, 1/12, 1/14, 1/15

HealthLink Youth and Family Services - 11/13 via personal email, dates: 12/6, 12/11
Henry Ford Health Sciences Center - 11/13 via mass email (health psych track & BMED track), dates: 12/8, 1/5, 1/12, 1/19, 1/26

James A. Haley VA - 11/16 via personal email (neuro track), dates: 1/5 or 1/12 for in-person, 1/2-1/11 for phone; 11/16 via mass email (general and trauma tracks), dates: 1/12
James Quillen VA Medical Center - 11/13 via phone call (general track), dates: TBA through Doodle Poll

Kings County Hospital Center - 11/16 via personal email (child&adol track), dates: 12/4, 12/12

Mailman Center for Child Development - 11/14 via personal email (peds track), open house: 1/4, 1/9, 1/12
Massachusetts General Hospital/Harvard Medical School - 11/16 via personal email (child track), dates: 1/3, 1/10; 11/16 va mass email (neuro track), dates: 1/4, 1/11
MDC Los Angeles - 11/9 via mass email to complete USAjobs app

National Psychology Training Consortium (Central Region) - 11/15 via mass email (ozark center/freeman health), date: 12/1
National Psychology Training Consortium (Great Lakes Region) - 11/9 via personal email, date: 12/1
Nationwide Children's Hospital - 11/15 via mass email & phone call (ped track), dates: 12/11, 12/15, 12/19, 1/4

Phoenix VA Health Care System - 11/15 via mass email (ptsd/mh - vet center; integrated care/beh med), dates: 12/14, 12/15, 12/18, 12/19, 1/3, 1/4, 1/5; 11/15 via personal email (neuro; general)

Rush University Medical Center - 11/6 via mass email (neuro track), dates: 1/10, 1/11, 1/12, 1/15, 1/16

Southwest Behavioral Health - 11/10 via email (outpatient clinic), date: 1/5
Southwest Consortium (NMVAHCS) - 11/14 via personal email (neuro track), dates: 1/10, 1/17, 1/19; 11/14 via personal email (general track), dates: 1/10, 1/19
South Texas Veterans Health Care System - 11/15 via personal email (general mh track), dates: 12/5, 12/7, 1/3, 1/9
Syracuse VA - 11/16 via personal email (general), dates: 12/11, 12/15, 1/8, 1/12

University of Alabama Birmingham BVAMC - 11/14 via mass email (adult track), dates: 12/11, 1/8
University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences - 11/15 via personal email (neuro track), dates: 12/8, 1/17
University of Chicago Medicine - 11/10 via email (child track), dates; 1/5, 1/12, 1/19, 1/26; 11/10 via mass email (adult/health track), dates: same as child; 11/10 via mass email (adult neuro track), dates: same as child
University of Florida Health Science Center - 11/16 via personal email (ped/chil clinical; clinical health psych), dates: 1/5, 1/12, 1/19
University of Miami College Counseling Center - 11/14 via phone, dates: 12/18-12/21, 1/2-1/13
University of Tennessee Knoxville - 11/14 via personal email, dates: 1/8-1/14
University of Wisconsin, Dept of Psychiatry - 11/7 via phone call (adult track), dates: TBD; 11/6 via phone call (child&adol track), dates: TBD
University of Wisconsin, Madison UCC - 11/15 via mass email, dates: 1/12-1/15
Utah State Hospital - 11/10 via personal email (neuro track), dates: 12/4, 12/5, 12/6, 12/7

VA New York Harbor Healthcare (Manhattan) - 11/13 via mass email, dates: 12/5, 12/11, 12/14
VAMHCS/UM SOM - 11/14 via mass email (neuro track), dates: 1/11, 1/18, 1/25

WellSpan Philhaven CBT - 11/6 via phone call, dates: 12/1, 12/6
West Virginia University School of Medicine - 11/8 via email (neuro track), dates: 12/14, 12/15, 1/4, 1/12; 11/9 via personal email (adult/beh med track), dates: 12/14, 12/15, 1/4, 1/12
WJB Dorn VA Medical Center - 11/6 via mass email (general track), dates: 12/6, 12/13