2018-2019 APPIC Internship Interview Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Guys, I am just so scared and paranoid at this point....if it says my ranking have been "certified" that is all I have to do?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Guys, I am just so scared and paranoid at this point....if it says my ranking have been "certified" that is all I have to do?

Yup that's it. It'll send you an email saying no further actions are required

Reactions: 4 users
Yup that's it. It'll send you an email saying no further actions are required
The "no further action is required" part is in bold which I love because you know Greg or whoever else was like "make it REAL specific and clear that they don't have to do anything else because you know they're gonna flip the eff out."

Reactions: 9 users
Members don't see this ad :)
:eek::):banana::pompous::bag: these are my feels right meow

Reactions: 5 users
My dogs are getting obsessively petted tonight, is all I'm saying re: ranking deadline.

Reactions: 8 users
I think it just says "APPIC Match Result (Applicant #####)" in the subject line. You have to open the email to see if/ where you matched.

Eeeeeeek just reading this made my heart jump :eek: :arghh: :nailbiting: That's really how it is? Ahhhhh!!

Reactions: 1 user
Eeeeeeek just reading this made my heart jump :eek: :arghh: :nailbiting: That's really how it is? Ahhhhh!!
I know...I'm not looking forward to that email (even though I want match day to come tomorrow...weird).

I'm hoping that if I get the "congratulations" email, the word 'congratulations' is visible in the email preview that you see before you click the email open. I would LOVE that because then I could take a breath, relax, and enjoy the moment knowing that I matched somewhere before finding out where I matched. (As opposed to processing matching and the specific site all at once.)

Reactions: 6 users
I know...I'm not looking forward to that email (even though I want match day to come tomorrow...weird).

I'm hoping that if I get the "congratulations" email, that the word 'congratulations' is visible in the email preview that you see before you click the email open. I would LOVE that because then I could take a breath, relax, and then enjoy the moment knowing that I matched somewhere before finding out where I matched. (As opposed to processing matching and the specific site all at once.)

Agreed! *goes to phone to check that my email previews are enabled to as many lines as possible*

P.S. I LOVE your avatar, that cat-shark's face totally cracks me up :cat:
I'm pretty sure on Match Day my face will look like my avatar, regardless of outcome... I think first reaction upon seeing that email will just be pure adrenaline and shock, before I can process what the email even says and if I wanna jump for joy, cry, or something in between.

Reactions: 3 users
We should all take video of us opening our emails on March day kidding!

Agreed! *goes to phone to check that my email previews are enabled to as many lines as possible*

P.S. I LOVE your avatar, that cat-shark's face totally cracks me up :cat:
I'm pretty sure on Match Day my face will look like my avatar, regardless of outcome... I think first reaction upon seeing that email will just be pure adrenaline and shock, before I can process what the email even says and if I wanna jump for joy, cry, or something in between.

I was just about to reply that I love your Siamese picture! It's too funny!! My avatar is of my cat, Neal Catfrey (any White Collar fans around here?). ...He still hasn't forgiven me for his Shark Week costume...
Btw- I had NO idea that you could adjust how much of the email is visible! :boom:I am definitely going to look into this on gmail!

I stayed with a friend who's on internship now while interviewing and had her show me her email from last year. I can't remember what the subject line said, but the body was basically like "congrats! you have matched at: site. Love, Greg" (not really the Greg bit, but I like to think that he sends his regards with each email.)

I've explained the algorithm thing to my poor Dad about 60 times. And each time he's like "...so you don't actually get to choose..?" And then I have to debate whether we go back through the rankings and algorithm explanation because it will ultimately lead us back to "...so you don't ACTUALLY get to choose where you'll end up"

Oh, also: "Wait, you're not a doctor yet?" Or, "Waaaaait...you won't even BE a doctor while you're on internship?? You won't be a doctor until AFTER?!"

Yeah, I can't effing believe it either, y'all, why do you think I plan to drink ALL DAY on Match Day?
"Love, Greg." Sometimes it is your smallest details that are your greatest (and my favorite) pearls. :love:
The best... my aunt asking (after I have been out of state for YEARS): ..."You're getting a doctorate?"
Me: "Uh, yes. What did you think I've been doing?"
Her: "Getting a masters?"
Me: "....I already had a masters."
Her: "Ya, I thought it was kind of weird..."

OH. MY. GOSH.
I'm dying. This made me feel so much better about all of my struggles.

Everyone is hilarious in here tonight I needed this.
This was one of my favorite forumfam reads ever. I also needed this.

I haven't re-checked my certified list because I know there is "nothing else you need to do" and I'm confident about my rank order. Right? Right.

Right?
tenor.gif

Members don't see this ad :)
I would break the Internet with my ugly crying because I can tell you right now I will ugly cry on a level that far surpasses Kim K losing her earrings in the ocean regardless of where that email says I've matched. Good news, bad news, great news, my first reaction will be to sob hahah

I would break the Internet with my ugly crying because I can tell you right now I will ugly cry on a level that far surpasses Kim K losing her earrings in the ocean regardless of where that email says I've matched. Good news, bad news, great news, my first reaction will be to sob hahah
(Rushing to google this Kim K video so I have this image in my head.)

Her cry over her failed marriage to Kris Humpries (sp?) humanized her a bit for me. And I’m with you on the ugly cry, it’s like a buildup of the past Several years.

If match is Greg’s Super Bowl...what/who is the half time show?:eyebrow:

Ooh! love me some Kim K ugly crying!

lost-my-earrings-in-the-ocean-kim-theres-people-that-24903359.png

omg love kkw too lol...glad that is finally off of my chest

Ooh! love me some Kim K ugly crying!

lost-my-earrings-in-the-ocean-kim-theres-people-that-24903359.png
Kourtney's reaction to this gets me EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

edit: And even before that, Kris is all "just breathe, it's all gonna be okay" like it's an actual, legitimate emergency and I just can't, this show is a national freakin treasure :lol:

Kourtney is def my favorite.

I did say I’ve watched reality tv for self care during particularly challenging years with clients. If I don’t match at those sites then I’ll know why...

Regardless of the outcome i'm pretty sure i'll end up looking something like this, only while curled up in bed...

girl-crying-gif-7.gif

Here's hoping we all look like this on the morning of the 23rd!
200.gif

Reactions: 8 users
T-MINUS 15 MINUTES TIL IT'S OUT OF OUR HANDS :eek:o_O:eek:o_O

I hope they at least send a confirmation email, change our status on the match site, and/or SOMETHING after the deadline to indicate that our rankings are official and accounted for. I'm just not willing to tolerate uncertainty for the next 2 1/2 weeks. God help us all...

Anyone else staring at the site and took screenshots that it’s certified and stuff???

Trying to visualize myself at my top site (because I'm a woman of science) when the rankings go through in a few minutes and so I YouTubed "sounds of STATE" and am now listening to a video of f*cking FROGS on loop at full blast WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO ME

edit: OH AND I ALSO MISSPELLED THE NAME OF THE STATE, SO LORD HELP ME

Reactions: 7 users
I’m glad I’m virtually here with you all.

YAYYYYYYY!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS EVERYONE!!!!! We're officially at the totally-out-of-our-hands stage!!!!!!

That was like New Year's Eve at midnight! HAPPY RANK-ORDER-LOCKED-IN DAY!!!! :soexcited:

Reactions: 11 users
So proud of everybody!!! We are almost there. #forumfam

This is so helpful, everyone. Not super close to the cohortmates I have going through this so I’m glad to be here!

This is it! Until Match Day!!!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Reactions: 1 user
Trying to visualize myself at my top site (because I'm a woman of science) when the rankings go through in a few minutes and so I YouTubed "sounds of STATE" and am now listening to a video of f*cking FROGS on loop at full blast WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO ME

edit: OH AND I ALSO MISSPELLED THE NAME OF THE STATE, SO LORD HELP ME
I would just like to thank you all and those frogs for getting me through the last few minutes. Couldn't have done it without y'all!!!

Also, can we all please agree that we keep this thread alive for the next 16 days?!?!

I would just like to thank you all and those frogs for getting me through the last few minutes. Couldn't have done it without y'all!!!

Also, can we all please agree that we keep this thread alive for the next 16 days?!?!
Also, can we have a thread during internship year, for support :) <3

Reactions: 11 users

Oh thank goodness you said what I was thinking