2018-2019 APPIC Internship Interview Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone else heard either way back from University of Washington School of Medicine - Child Track? It looks like the adult track had a mass email but the child track may have had personalized emails?? Holding out hope still!!!

I think they may be sending out personal e-mails for all tracks, as my Adult Track invite was a personal e-mail. So hang in there!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I drove in the slow lane for nothing!! I haven't heard anything all day and I am crankyyyyy. :sour::sour::sour:

Also, accidentally set off my parents' house alarm when I tried to engage in a pleasant activity and take my dogs for a walk as a distraction and then the cops showed up. So. That was fun.

Reactions: 13 users
Ok, so I'm pulled by two impulses.
1) make a bunch of fake usernames and start posting invites and rejections just to watch everyone lose their minds and the world burn
2) make a fake email account and start emailing programs and seeing if I can get anyone to tell me anything about application review progress

Calm down! I won't do the first one! I'm pretty sure....

1) make a bunch of fake usernames and start posting invites and rejections just to watch everyone lose their minds and the world burn
2) make a fake email account and start emailing programs and seeing if I can get anyone to tell me anything about application review progress

Sadist!

Reactions: 1 user

Just thinking of #1 made my stomach clench up in fear and made me want to cry.

I pretty much suspect someone of doing #1 on this site every day :)

1) Settle down there, Satan.

Reactions: 11 users

I pretty much suspect someone of doing #1 on this site every day :)
Anybody who does that is going on my dunzo list
tumblr_n6okmy41Mu1rscf3do1_500.gif

Reactions: 6 users
Just thinking of #1 made my stomach clench up in fear and made me want to cry.
Aw, I'm sorry. I won't really do it. It's just that I'm feeling feelings and am obviously not equipped to handle such things, so my imagination is throwing a tantrum. :p

Members don't see this ad :)
Is there a way to check how many times you refreshed your email inbox in one day or span of time? I think I may have broken a record today.

Reactions: 5 users
Anyone else using a gmail account for applications? Let's just say I'm a lot less impressed than Gmail is with my empty spam folder.
F outta here with your "Hooray, no spam here!"

Reactions: 7 users
I think I may be a minority here when I say that I am almost glad for the radio silence. Not ready to start scheduling in person interviews. This whole process. Just not feeling it.

I think I may be a minority here when I say that I am almost glad for the radio silence. Not ready to start scheduling in person interviews. This whole process. Just not feeling it.
I just need to feel a touch of security that I'll have some and then I'm happy to put them off. :p

i left my phone off for a whole hour and a half today while i was with a pt
nothing happened
i think this thing is broken

Reactions: 8 users
i left my phone off for a whole hour and a half today while i was with a pt
nothing happened
i think this thing is broken
I just want you to know I read all of your posts as if they're a sad haiku.

Reactions: 11 users
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD.

My university just sent two separate emails about some stupid water main leak and then a THIRD saying they would like to "recall the email about the water main leak."

I need to lay down, y'all, I can't.

I drove in the slow lane for nothing!! I haven't heard anything all day and I am crankyyyyy. :sour::sour::sour:

Also, accidentally set off my parents' house alarm when I tried to engage in a pleasant activity and take my dogs for a walk as a distraction and then the cops showed up. So. That was fun.

Aww @slaney, I'm sorry! But thinking on the flip side...(1) Yay dogs! (2) Lots of dessert tonight/tomorrow/always? (3) Was at least one of the cops good looking?? ;) Your day can only go up from here!

Reactions: 3 users
I can't tell you how comforting all of your comments are. I have to say though, I don't care if I am in the middle of Turkey dinner itself, if I don't get my first invite soon I'm going to lose it! Eminem style.

Aww @slaney, I'm sorry! But thinking on the flip side...(1) Yay dogs! (2) Lots of dessert tonight/tomorrow/always? (3) Was at least one of the cops good looking?? ;) Your day can only go up from here!
Thanks! And a very good point about all the eating I’m soon going to do!

As far as the cops, not really. My dogs were being super obnoxious and acting like caged animals finally being released into the wild (bless their hearts) and in being pulled out the front door I apparently forgot to close the garage door all the way. I explained this to the cops and said I was home for thanksgiving and one was like “you must’ve just gotten home, the hood of your car is still warm,” and I was thinking, “alright Sherlock, I see you trying to make detective over here.”

But I didn’t say that, and just thanked them for checking I wasn’t being murdered by some psycho hahah

Reactions: 4 users
I can't tell you how comforting all of your comments are. I have to say though, I don't care if I am in the middle of Turkey dinner itself, if I don't get my first invite soon I'm going to lose it! Eminem style.

Not Eminem style though :laugh:

- University of Kentucky Counseling Center
- No Track
-Invite!!
- 11/21/17 @ 5:44pm
- Mass email with my name so sort of personalized
-Interview Date(s): The possible dates for morning interviews are 12/19, 12/20, 1/3/, 1/4, 1/5 and 1/8. Afternoon interviews will be available on 12/19, 12/20, 1/3, and 1/4.
-If & How You’re Staying Sane: Wine, Netflix, Bullet Journaling

Reactions: 4 users
I just need to feel a touch of security that I'll have some and then I'm happy to put them off. :p

My touch of security came from the one invite I received. It wasn’t a site affiliated with my school. Or they had low applicants *shrug*. Either way, I’ll take it and try to stuff my face with Turkey anxiety free! I’m more worried about passing neuroanatomy right now than checking emails...

Salem VA
-General Track
-Invite
-Phone Call (left voicemail around 4pm ET)
-We had to indicate our preferred interview date on the cover letter, so the training director asked on the VM if that date is still my preference (12/13)

Charles George VA, Asheville, NC
-General Track
-Invite
-Phone Call (around 4pm ET)
-I was in-session with a client and couldn't answer, and the training director didn't provide the dates in the VM. Whomppp.

@Icanstophittingrefresh

@slaney how did you make that link thing

anyway refresh girl. love that username
oh i did it! i made the link
got this guys, totally gonna be successful applicant

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD.

My university just sent two separate emails about some stupid water main leak and then a THIRD saying they would like to "recall the email about the water main leak."

I need to lay down, y'all, I can't.
I feel this. I have gotten irrationally angry at every email today. :mad::confused:

My go-to karaoke song is Gangsta's Paradise. I can rap.

Omg! High five. That is my nerdy, software boyfriend’s go to karaoke song. It’s always a big hit because no one ever expects it!

I love how I feel like I'm in a group chat hahahahaha :love: and I just figured out how to post smiley faces after I've been on this forum for years! Years!

Indiana University School of Medicine was supposed to notify today. wonder if anyone got any email from them

Ahhh multiple people have heard from them but I haven't gotten a rejection yet/ I applied to the comprehensive track. Hopefully I hear from them soon! And congrats!

I didn't get rejected yet either!

Reactions: 1 users
Indiana University School of Medicine was supposed to notify today. wonder if anyone got any email from them

I'm waiting for them too and haven't heard anything! Hopefully we don't get rejections from them at like 11 pm tonight :arghh:

Serious question! How hard would it be for sites to just agree on one (or two) dates to let people know about interviews? Like if the application is due between 10/30 and 11/3, you find out on XX/XX/XXXX. If the application is due between 11/4 and 11/15, then you find out on XX/XX/XXXX. That would make life so much easier!

Reactions: 10 users
It's like about 6:40 now for them , seems like maybe tomorrow.

Nothing here as well, also, how do we know they were supposed to notify today? From what I'm seeing their website says "late November".

University of Kentucky
Invite!
Date of Notification: 11/21
How You Were Notified: Personalized E-mail
Interview Date(s): morning interviews 12/19, 12/20, 1/3/, 1/4, 1/5, and 1/8; Afternoon interviews 12/19, 12/20, 1/3, and 1/4.
If & How You’re Staying Sane: Variably; have had greatest success with binge-watching Mr. Robot and comfort foods (e.g., orange Hostess cupcakes)