2018-2019 Bryn Mawr APPLICATION THREAD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sunny-side-up

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi fellow SDN members!

I've submitted my application to Bryn Mawr's Post-Baccalaureate Program (which was marked complete on October 2nd) and was wondering if anybody else has applied Early Action and heard back yet. I'd be super appreciative if other applicants and alumni shared as much information as possible about your experiences, stats, other programs applied to, etc.

Thanks so much and good luck to everybody :)

Members don't see this ad.

I submitted Early Action as well, but I have yet to hear anything back. Did hear back from Goucher .... flat out denied as of yesterday.

I am an alum and happy to chat. Also was flat out rejected from Goucher and got into plenty of other programs, so don't get discouraged!

Members don't see this ad :)
I am an alum and happy to chat. Also was flat out rejected from Goucher and got into plenty of other programs, so don't get discouraged!

Rosio, thank you so much for the response! If you could share your stats and experience to the admissions process that would be gratefully appreciated :)

I submitted Early Action as well, but I have yet to hear anything back. Did hear back from Goucher .... flat out denied as of yesterday.

I too was flat out rejected... I'm pretty sure you need to cure cancer in order to be accpeted into Goucher's program. Still have yet to hear back about Bryn Mawr as well. When did you get the email that your application was complete and being sent to the admissions committee?

I too was flat out rejected... I'm pretty sure you need to cure cancer in order to be accpeted into Goucher's program. Still have yet to hear back about Bryn Mawr as well. When did you get the email that your application was complete and being sent to the admissions committee?
I got that email on October 9th, having submitted my PostBacCas on October 2nd.

Is it too personal for me to ask which programs you were accepted to?

Rosio, thank you so much for the response! If you could share your stats and experience to the admissions process that would be gratefully appreciated :)

Sure: I applied to postbac programs 1 year out of undergrad with a 3.8 ish GPA but having taken a few science/math courses that didn't go so hot. I got asked about these at every single interview I did. But I had a lot of compelling health-related experiences that had made me really think about why I want to be a doctor and what I wanted out of my practice and so I think that once I got to interviews I was able to prove myself. I found that the admissions process was all about knowing your own narrative - the schools are basically vetting you because they want students they think have a good shot at getting into med school.

Reactions: 1 users
Hi All :)
I applied Early Action as well, and am waiting to have my PostBaccCAS verified. Super nervous to hear back! Just wanted to pop by and wish you all good luck!

Hi, everybody!

Still waiting on a response from Bryn Mawr--they typically don't look at the apps of fourth year undergrads until fall grades come out, and I was only just able to get in touch and clarify that I'm taking the semester off for an internship.

Also waiting for a final decision from Goucher, JHU, and Scripps post-interview. The anticipation is no fun. Best of luck to all!

Last edited:
Got my rejections from both Goucher and Bryn Mawr on the same day haha, oh well. Best of luck to everyone with open applications. Where else is everyone applying?
JHU put me on hold for an interview until final grades at the end of this semester, but I don't have the resources to wait around for an uncertain acceptance. I live on the West Coast, so this would be a big move for me. I haven't heard a peep from Scripps yet, but I just got out of a visit with Mills College and I was definitely impressed. Fingers crossed for Mills!

Members don't see this ad :)
Received an interview for Bryn Mawr yesterday, but got flat out rejected from Goucher also! I guess you really do have to be a rocket scientist to get an interview there :p

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone been rejected after they interviewed?

I've heard back from all the programs I applied to at this point, and just made a final decision! So I'm out of the game. Good luck to everyone in the middle of interviews. :)

Reactions: 1 user
Hi all - I'm a bit of an odd case. I was accepted to Bryn Mawr last year but for various personal reasons decided not to attend a post-bac program at the time. However, I'm now re-applying to BM to start this spring.

FWIW, the admission process for previously admitted students is very straightforward - you bypass PostBacCAS (they didn't use it last year) and provide an updated resume and explanatory letter to the Admissions Committee.

Hi all - I'm a bit of an odd case. I was accepted to Bryn Mawr last year but for various personal reasons decided not to attend a post-bac program at the time. However, I'm now re-applying to BM to start this spring.

FWIW, the admission process for previously admitted students is very straightforward - you bypass PostBacCAS (they didn't use it last year) and provide an updated resume and explanatory letter to the Admissions Committee.
Good luck on your re-application! I just accepted my offer of admission last week - look forward to seeing you there next spring.

Hey y'all,

First time poster but long time reader. Wanted to share my timeline for folks who're interested.

Submit Application: Week of 11/06
Marked Complete: Week of 11/13
Invited to Interview: Week of 11/20
Interviewed: Week of 12/04
Notified of Acceptance: Week of 12/11

Happy to answer questions.

I've heard back from all the programs I applied to at this point, and just made a final decision! So I'm out of the game. Good luck to everyone in the middle of interviews. :)
Me too! Decided on uva. Bryn mawr was a bit too pretentious for my likings. Best of luck everyone :)

For the people that applied, what did you write for the 2nd personal statement. I am quite clueless as to what they want from this essay and how different it needs to be from the postbaccas essay. Any advice?

For the people that applied, what did you write for the 2nd personal statement. I am quite clueless as to what they want from this essay and how different it needs to be from the postbaccas essay. Any advice?
I just wrote it about some aspects of my childhood, hobbies, and personality that weren't mentioned in the first essay