You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2018-2019 PM&R Away Rotations
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Any word from Minnesota yet?
Congrats!! When is your Stanford rotation?Haven't posted in this forum yet, but have benefited from the abundance of information from past applicants over the past decade. Many thanks to those sharing.
Been sweating it out over here, but finally just received an off for a rotation at RIC.For those interested, I submitted 4/11.
Aways that I've secured thus far....
Stanford
RIC
Marianjoy
Good luck to all! Looking forward to meeting and possibly working with some of you in the near future.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
starryburkitts814
New Member
I am also still trying to figure that out!To those who are doing a rotation at Kessler, anyone doing the Acting Internship? Trying to figure out where the rotations will be at to figure out housing plans. Thanks!
Anyone heard back from Virginia or Utah?
Can't thank forums like this enough for the invaluable past advice. Finally got up the courage to make an account.
Agree with the other person who said they were sweating it out for the past few months. Got Georgetown, SRAL/RIC, Kessler and Weill Cornell. Is this too top heavy?
Best wishes to all this year and maybe I'll meet some of you on the journey. 🙂
I wouldn’t worry about being top heavy. Auditioning significantly increases your likelihood of matching by helping you stand apart and often ensuring an interview. If anything I think that you should be targeting top programs that you’re interested in for auditions because it opens a door that otherwise may not have been opened by scores alone.
Last edited:
Anyone heard back from Virginia or Utah?
I heard back from Utah a couple weeks ago. I applied for July-August and got rejected because they had no spots left. They didn’t offer me any other slots so I’m. It sure if they’re all the way filled, or just filled for that period.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Private message me!I am also still trying to figure that out!
Congrats!! When is your Stanford rotation?
Sept 24-Oct 19. How about you?
Any specific tips or advice for PM&R aways that haven't been mentioned elsewhere? I have hard copies of PM&R Pocketpedia and PM&R Secrets that I'm working through right now.
My home program doesn't have much PM&R and my only experience has been a subspecialty clinic, so I'm nervous going into an upcoming away rotation at a major city rehabilitation hospital! I don't really know what to expect or what I should know ahead of time, but I'm planning to show up with a positive attitude and ready to work hard.
My home program doesn't have much PM&R and my only experience has been a subspecialty clinic, so I'm nervous going into an upcoming away rotation at a major city rehabilitation hospital! I don't really know what to expect or what I should know ahead of time, but I'm planning to show up with a positive attitude and ready to work hard.
Nice! I'm right after, Oct 22-Nov 16.Sept 24-Oct 19. How about you?
Any specific tips or advice for PM&R aways that haven't been mentioned elsewhere? I have hard copies of PM&R Pocketpedia and PM&R Secrets that I'm working through right now.
My home program doesn't have much PM&R and my only experience has been a subspecialty clinic, so I'm nervous going into an upcoming away rotation at a major city rehabilitation hospital! I don't really know what to expect or what I should know ahead of time, but I'm planning to show up with a positive attitude and ready to work hard.
Be friendly to everyone, show a willingness and desire to learn, and work hard and you'll be fine. No one expects you to have much PM&R specific knowledge from med school. Pocketpedia is good to keep on hand for quick bits of info during downtime.
Never giv up
New Member
Is anyone doing an away at Cleveland Clinic? I am doing aways there, UC, MSU and Rutgers. Lemme know if any of you are at CCF. Trying to switch up my dates there.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What’s the huge drive for PM & R? I’ve been interested in neuro in the past and have had an interest in pm&r as well but just can’t decide on it. Im going to be applying for my away rotations soon and I don’t know a lot about it and am considering throwing it into the mix.
What’s the huge drive for PM & R? I’ve been interested in neuro in the past and have had an interest in pm&r as well but just can’t decide on it. Im going to be applying for my away rotations soon and I don’t know a lot about it and am considering throwing it into the mix.
MSK training in Neuro is quite weak. So if you like the MSK side more than the Neuro side...PM&R makes sense. I also think that PM&R has a better skills set for procedures and a variety of treatments on the whole. Neuro is still a very good specialty though...definitely consider both.
Anyone currently MS3 applying for aways? I'm so confused in term of timeline of applying for them. I'm trying to do aways around mid August/September. but it seems like most programs listed on VSAS are much earlier (around June). Also I couldn't find many programs that I expected to find on VSAS. Is it too early to apply for aways at this point? When do you start applying for them?
I have similar questions as above.... anyone that can help elucidate this process?
Anyone currently MS3 applying for aways? I'm so confused in term of timeline of applying for them. I'm trying to do aways around mid August/September. but it seems like most programs listed on VSAS are much earlier (around June). Also I couldn't find many programs that I expected to find on VSAS. Is it too early to apply for aways at this point? When do you start applying for them?
Shawn Clancy
New Member
Was just accepted to Georgetown for an away has anyone heard anything about the program?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 5
- Views
- 2K
For those interested, I submitted 4/11.