2018-2019 Postdoc Interview Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone heard from University of Kansas Medical Center?
Specifically, the onco-psychology track?

Members don't see this ad.

Connecticut VA
Personal email 1/22/18
Rejection
Health Track

South TX VA (San Antonio)
Personal email 1/22/18
Rejection
Health Track

I reached out to the Durham VA Friday, 1/19, asking for an update, and the TD emailed me back that day with a rejection, and said communicating the outcome of the selection has been delayed.

Battle Creek VA
PSTD Track
1/18

Pacific Islands VA
PTSD Track
Personal Email 1/18
Online interview

Eastern Colorado
PTSD Track
Rejection
1/22 (finally)

Members don't see this ad :)
Battle Creek VA
PSTD Track
1/18

Pacific Islands VA
PTSD Track
Personal Email 1/18
Online interview

Eastern Colorado
PTSD Track
Rejection
1/22 (finally)

I'm currently waiting on the Eastern Colorado health track rejection...:thumbdown:

I am still waiting on emails (most likely rejection emails) from Hines Va, James Lovell, and Jesse Brown VA for their PTSD/Trauma track.

Has anyone heard anything?

I am still waiting on emails (most likely rejection emails) from Hines Va, James Lovell, and Jesse Brown VA for their PTSD/Trauma track.

Has anyone heard anything?
I got an invite from Hines today for their PTSD track but still nothing from the other two.

Ah gotcha. Congrats! Thanks for letting me know.

In that case I will take that as a rejection from Hines.
It was a personalized email, so you never know! Good luck to you, I know how much this waiting sucks.

It was a personalized email, so you never know! Good luck to you, I know how much this waiting sucks.
Thank you for the hopeful words! Yea the waiting has been much worse than the internship. Kindly keep us/me updated about the other two sites.

Hines VA
trauma/PTSD track
1/22/18 personal email
Interview days 2/6, 2/8, 2/13, 2/15

WestCoast Children's Clinic - 1/22 - Personal Email
Follow up email to come for individual interview slots
Orientation on 2/5 or 2/7

William James College CAFES - 1/22 - Personal Email
In person or Skype interview
45 minute slots offered 2/6 and 2/8

Cambridge Health Alliance
Child/Adolescent Acute Services Track
AND
Adolescent Risk Assessment/Violence Prevention Track
**I applied to two separate tracks, and got two separate emails from the same person**
Generalized email
Interview dates for Risk Assessment Track: 2/7, 2/9, 2/16
Interview dates for Child/adolescent Acute Track: 2/5, 2/6, 2/7

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone, here is some information about two post-doc positions that come highly recommended, especially the position for neurodevelopmental assessment service for young children:

THE LEON O. BRENNER ASSESSMENT & CONSULTATION CENTER AT WILLIAM JAMES COLLEGE - POSTDOCTORAL FELLOWSHIPS IN PSYCHOLOGICAL ASSESSMENT.

The Brenner Center at William James College is pleased to announce two (2) postdoctoral training opportunities in psychological assessment in the BOSTON area. The two (2) Fellowships are full-time and carry a stipend of $40,000 plus benefits. The one-year Fellowships begin in September of 2018 and continue through August 2019. Fellows are required to work a minimum of 40 hours per week and will be provided with supervision by experienced, licensed psychologists. By the end of the Fellowship year, fellows will have completed 2,000 training hours.

The two doctoral fellowships currently being offered are as follows:

1) Rapid Response Psychological Testing Service: The fellow is responsible for completing psycho-educational and psychological evaluations with a quick turn-around rate. The population served is generally adolescents and young adults.

2) Neurodevelopmental Assessment Service for Young Children: Fellow is responsible for completing developmental, neuropsychological, and psychological evaluations with children ages 2-8, including assessments for Autism Spectrum Disorders.

Applicants must have a PhD/PsyD in psychology with an APA-accredited pre-doctoral internship or its equivalent. Prior testing experience and knowledge of the Rorschach Inkblot Method is required. Interested applicants should send a cover letter along with their curriculum vitae, sample report, and three (3) current letters of recommendation to Kelly Casey, PhD, Executive Director of the Brenner Center at One Wells Ave, Fourth Floor Newton, MA 02459. Application deadline is February 10, 2018.

...And we're back!

This is a running list of interview notifications and rejections for the 2018-2019 Postdoc application cycle. Please utilize the following format when providing information on interview notifications:

-Site name
-Track (if applicable)
-Invite or rejection
-Date notified
-How notified (mass email, personal email, phone)
-Interview date

Feel free to post here or send me a private message.

Link to previous thread: 2017-2018

Updated on 1/20/2017 [11:30 am EST] (new/updated posts in bold)

Alpert Medical School of Brown University/Bradley Hospital - 1/18 via phone (adolescent DBT), date: Email to follow for scheduling
Atlanta VA - 1/19 via mass email (health, general mental health), date: 2/7, 2/8, 2/13
Arkansas VA - 1/4 personal email (GRECC), date: TBD will occur over Skype
Audrey Hepburn Children's House - phone call, date: Assorted days and times within the two weeks of February

Barrow Neurological Institute - 12/22 via personal email (general neuropsychology track); 1/5 via phone call (rehab neuro), dates: Interviews at INS conference in February (likely 2/13); phone interview 1/12 (rehab)
Baylor College of Medicine/TIRR Memorial Hermann - 1/5 personal email (neuro), dates: INS - 1/13 or 1/14
Baylor Scott and White - (neuro) personal email for interview Tuesday at INS, 1/15 via email (end-of-life, grief, and bereavement), dates: phone interview date dependent on availability (end-of-life)
Boston Children's Hospital - 1/17 via personal email (developmental medicine), 1/19 via email (psychiatry consultation) date: 2/12 (dev med), 2/14 (psychiatry consultation)
Boston VA - 1/4 via email, dates: 1/26, 1/30, 2/9 (PTSD clinical team & postdeployment & general mental health); 2/2, 2/5 (dual diagnosis)
Brown/Providence VA - 1/16 via email (post deployment/PRRC), date: 1/26, 2/2, 2/5
Butler Hospital/Brown - 1/17 (Geriatric neuro) - Interview dates at INS on Thursday 2/15

California College of the Arts Caps - 1/11 via phone call, date: 1/18, 1/22 in person or phone
Cal State San Marcos, Counseling center - 1/19 via personal email, date: Skype - 1/23, 1/25, 1/26
Central Western Mass VA - 1/11 via email (neuro), dates: 1/29, 2/5
Children's Hospital Colorado - 12/21 via personal email (track not specified - applied to multiple); 1/9 personal email (Pediatric Neuropsychology-Rehabilitation and Pediatric Neuropsychology-Neurology), dates: 1/22, 1/26, 1/29, and 2/2; Interviews Tuesday 2/13/18 at INS
Children's Medical Center Dallas - 1/5 via email (outpatient track), 1/15 via email (ped neuro), dates: in-person interview in late Jan; interviews an INS (neuro)
Children's National Health System - 1/16 via email (ped neuro), date: Interviews at INS
Cincinnati VA - 12/7 via generic email (trauma track), date: 12/19
Cleveland Clinic - 1/3 via personal email (neuro), date: INS 2/13
Cleveland Medical Center - 1/19 via mass email (neuro), date: 2/1 or at INS - Feb 13 & Feb 14
Cleveland VA - 1/8 invite, date: 1/25 open house

Dallas Children's Medical Center - 1/9 via personal email (Suicide/Depression Track), dates: 1/31 in person
Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center/Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth - 1/9 via email (adult neuro), 1/16 via personal email (behavioral med), dates: Skype interview 1/18, 1/23, 1/25, 1/30, 2/1, 2/2. Optional additional INS interview. (neuro); 1/31, 2/5, 2/7, 2/12 (beh med)
Durham VAMC - 1/12 via email (trauma recovery; PSR), dates: 1/26, 1/29 in person or phone

Eastern Colorado VA - 1/9 via phone (PTSD), 1/9 (health track) dates: 1/26, 2/2 open house
Emory School of Medicine through Children's Hospital of Atlanta - 1/18 via personal email, date: 2/2, 2/5, 2/9

Florida Hospital Medical Group - 1/23 via personal email (Neuro), Interviews at INS

Harbor - UCLA Medical Center - 1/8 via email, dates: 1/23, 1/25 in person
Harvard Partners Consortium - 1/3 via email (neuro), dates: 1/10, 1/17, 1/24
Hill Center for Women at McLean Hospital - 1/10 via personal email, dates: asked for availability
Hines VA - 1/17 via personal email (gero/HBPC), date: 2/5, 2/6, 2/8 morning and afternoon option
Hurley Medical Center - 1/9 via phone (pediatric rehab), dates: Interviews at INS

Indiana University School of Medicine - 1/18 via personal email (adult neuro - both psychiatry and neurology), date: Tuesday or Wednesday at INS

Jackson Health System (Miami) - 1/8 via personal email (Clinical Health Psychology- Adult Consultation and Liaison Track; pediatric health), dates: 1/29, 2/5, 2/12, 2/18 In-person or by Skype
James A. Haley VA (Tampa) - 1/17 via mass email (pain/psycho-oncology, health & PTSD/TBI), date: In-person interview/open house 2/9/18, or phone interview 1/22/18
James A. Lovell Federal Health Care Center - 1/12 via personal email (gero), dates: 1/19, 1/22, 1/25, 1/26, 2/1, 2/2, 2/16
James A. Haley (Tampa) VA - 1/19 via mass email (PTSD/TBI), date: 2/9 or next week
Jesse Brown VAMC - 1/17 via email (SMI), date: 1/24, 1/25, 1/30, 1/31, 2/1 (in person or phone)
Johns Hopkins University - 12/15 via personal email (Department of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation, Neuropsychology Track), 1/15 via email (peds) dates: 1/12 or 1/22; 1/26 (peds)
JSS Behavioral Services - 12/15 via mass email, dates: 1/12, 1/26

Kansas City VA Medical Center - 1/10 via personal email (general mental health), dates: 2/15, 2/16
Kansas City School of Medicine-Wichita - 1/22 via personal email (neuro), Interviews at INS
Kaiser Richmond - 1/16 via personal email (child), dates: 2/7, 2/9, 2/14, 2/15, 2/16
Kaiser Santa Rosa - 1/11 via phone, phone (adult and chemical dependency), dates: interviews in early Feb; 2/6, 2/12 (adult and chemical dependency)
Kaiser South Bay Consortium - 1/18 via personal email (adult and eating disorders; chemical dependency), date: 2/6, 2/7 (adult/eating), 2/1, 2/8 (chemical dependency)

Kaiser Vallejo - 1/10 via phone call (adult track), dates: Interviews offered Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays on weeks of 2/5 and 2/12. Indicated this would be dates for all Kaisers in area
Kaiser Walnut Creek - via email (adult track), dates: Feb 9, 10, 2
Kaiser West Bay Consortium - will notify this week, dates: 2/1, 2/8 (chemical dependency), 2/6, 2/7 (adult psychiatry), 2/13, 2/14 (child psychiatry)
Kennedy Krieger Institute/Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine - 1/8 via personal email (Pediatric Neuropsychology), dates: Tuesday 2/13/18 at INS

Loma Linda VA - 1/17 via email (PTSD and Holistic mental health tracks), date: 2/7 or 2/8
Long Beach VA - 1/4 (women's mental health and trauma), 1/10 invite (neuro), 1/12 via personal email (psychosocial rehab), dates: 1/31, 2/2, 2/5, 2/7 in person or Skype (women's, PSR); 1/25, 1/31, 2/1, 2/2 (neuro)

Manhattan VA - 1/8 via personal email (PTSD, Interprofessional Training, and OEF/OIF/OND Veteran Track), dates: 1/22, 1/23, 1/24 In-person or by v-tel
Mayo Clinic - 12/22 via personal email (Medical Psychology Fellowship Program, Clinical Neuropsychology Specialty), dates: 1/26, 1/29, 2/2
McLean Hospital/Harvard Medical School - 1/15 via email (acute adolescent residential tx), 1/19 via personal email (3 East), dates: flexible based on personal schedule
MUSC - 1/3 via personal email (pediatric psych), dates: email offered Skype time slots through end of Jan
Minneapolis VA - 1/17 via personal email (PTSD), date: 1/22-1/25, 2/1, 2/2, 2/5

Nationwide Children's - 1/4 via email (peds psych), 1/12 via email (ped neuro) dates: Fridays in late Jan/Feb; interviews at INS (neuro)
Nicklaus Children's Hospital - 1/12 via personal email, dates: 1/29, 2/1, 2/5
Northern California VA - 1/4 via email (PTSD track); 1/5 via personal email (neuro), dates: open house 2/1 or phone interview (PTSD); dates will be in the "upcoming weeks" (neuro)
North Florida/South Georgia VA - 1/16 via personal email (gero), dates: 2/7, 2/8, 2/9 and 2/14, 2/15, 2/16
North Texas VA - personal email (neuro), date: interview at INS

Oahu VA - 1/17 via personal email, date: online interview will be sent out 1/19

Palo Alto VA - 12/20 via personal email (neuro); 1/5 via personal email (Continuum of Care for Addictive Behaviors, Trauma and Co-Occurring Disorders emphasis area), dates: 1/29, 2/7, 2/8 (neuro); 1/24, 1/31 (continuum of care)
Petaluma Health Center - 1/12 via personal email, dates: 2/7, 2/8, 2/14, 2/15 4 hours
Pittsburgh VA - 1/18 via email (interprofessional care, PTSD), date: 2/5, 2/6, 2/8

Rush University - 1/12 via general email (neuro), 1/15 trauma postdoc has been selected, dates: Tuesday at INS (neuro)

Salt Lake City VA - 1/11 invite (health track)
San Diego VA/UCSD - email (child/family track); 1/10 invite (PTSD), dates: 1/29 in person or phone (child/family)
San Francisco VA - 1/3 via personal email; 1/5 via email (women's mental health and trauma); 1/8 via email (PTSD), dates: none. asking if still interested in conducting an interview, if so, will schedule in "upcoming weeks"; January 22, 24, 29, 31 + Feb 5, 7 (PTSD);1/22, 1/24, 1/29, 1/31, 2/2, 2/5, 2/7 and 2/9 (women's mental health)
Seattle VA - 1/2 via personal email (PSR), dates: 1/8 via phone
Sepulveda VA (PTSD/SUD Rotation) - 1/8 via email, dates: 2/6 9-2pm or 2/9 9-2pm In person (Phone interviews if needed)
Siteman Cancer Center - 12/20 via personal email (psycho-oncology), dates: 1/24, 1/26
South Bay Kaiser - 1/3 via personal email (adult track for both sites), dates: Feb 2, 6, 7, 9, 13, 14, 16
South Texas Veterans Health Care System - 1/11 via email (palliative care; SUD/homelessness), invite (neuro) dates: 1/29 or 2/1 by phone, in-person, or VTC (palliative), 1/30, 1/31 (SUD/homelessness), Personal email asking you to call and scheduled your interview for INS (neuro)
Stanford University Medical School - 12/19? via email. dates: 1/19, 1/22, or 1/29
St. Jude - personal email (pediatric neuropsychology), dates: interviews at INS. they offered many times on tuesday, wednesday and thursday.
St. Louis Children's Hospital - 1/4 via email (peds psych), dates: phone interview during week of 1/8
St. Vincent's Family Medicine Center - 1/10 via personal email, date: asked for availability

Texas Children's Hospital/Baylor College of Medicine - 1/16 via email (ped neuro), date: Interviews at INS

UAB - personal email to interview (neurology)
UC Davis Department of Neurology - 12/12 via personal email (neuro), dates: no specific dates in talks to figure that out
UCLA CAPS - 1/17 via mass email, date: Variable in January & February
UCLA Semel - 1/8 via personal email (Neuropsych - Trauma and Resilience track), dates: flexible times within the next two weeks (on-site or phone/skype)
UCLA TIES - 12/21 via email; dates: many dates offered in Jan/Feb
University of Colorado School of Medicine - 1/12 via personal email (neuro), dates: Tuesday or Wednesday at INS
University of Florida - Department of Clinical and Health Psychology - 12/21 via personal email (child-peds), dates: First round through Skype and then possible on-site interview
University of Kentucky - 1/5 (neuro), dates: telephone interview 1/11 or 1/18
University of Michigan/Ann Arbor VA Consortium - 12/27 via mass email (women's mental health), 1/3 via email (Michigan Med adult track), dates: Select dates between 1/22-2/2 (women's mental health); 1/8, 1/5, 1/22 (adult)
University of Michigan Department of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation - 1/19 via personal email (ped neuro), date: interviews Tuesday at INS
University of Missouri Neuropsychology track -invite to interview at INS on Tuesday.
University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center - mid December via email (peds psych), dates: several fridays and mondays
UT Southwestern (neuro) personal email for interview at INS on Tuesday or Wednesday
University of Virginia - Charlottesville, Department of Neurology- (neuro) personal email for interviews at INS on Tuesday
University of Wisconsin - Madison - (?) via personal email (neuro), date: schedule phone interview
Utah PMR neuro personal email invite for interviews at INS

VA Los Angeles Ambulatory Care Center - 1/12 via personal email (PCMHI/SUD), date: 2/1, 2/5, 2/6
VA Maryland - 1/17 via personal email (PTSD/returning vets), date: 2/5 & 2/9
VA North Texas/ Dallas VA - 12/22 via mass email (health), open house/ interview dates: 2/1, 2/6, 2/8, 2/13
VA Palo Alto Health Care System - 1/9 via email (Palliative Care emphasis), 1/11 via personal email (PTSD), dates: 2/1, 2/2, 2/5, 2/6 (palliative care); 1/26, 2/2 (PTSD)
VA Portland - 1/2 via email (PCMHI), 1/11 via email (palliative care), 1/16 via email (MIRECC) dates: 1/30 by phone, several phone dates offered (MIRECC)

Washington DC VA - 1/4 via phone (trauma services program), 1/12 via phone (HIV/Liver Disease), dates: 2/1, 2/2; 1/30 (HIV)
West Haven LA - 1/5 via email (PSR track), dates: 1/19 (other dates may be possible)
West LA VA - 1/5 via personal email (neuro), dates: 1/18 or 1/25

-Emory School of Medicine
-Serious Psychiatric Disorders track
-Invite
-1/23
-Email
-Said to just email back with potential dates available to interview

Boston Child Study Center
Personalized email
Offered to squeeze me in this week when I am already in Boston for other interviews

Anyone heard from Vanderbilt Center for Excellence?

Has anyone heard from Bay Pines VA or VA W. Los Angeles Integrative Track?

Native American Health Center
1/23
Personal Email
Invitation
Th 1/25 at 10 or 11am
T 1/30 at 10am
Th 2/1 at 10 or 11am, or 3pm
T 2/6 at 10 am

Anyone heard from Vanderbilt Center for Excellence?
Nope. I emailed the training director this afternoon asking if they had extended invites to interview and haven't heard back yet. I'll keep you posted!

Is anyone else kind of freaking out about the uniform response deadline? I know I shouldn't be counting my chickens before they hatch, but one of the sites I interviewed at will be making their offer in the first or second week of February, and most of my other sites are waiting until 2/26. I know that, if I do end up getting an early offer from this first site, I can always get in touch with the other sites in order to ask them for a counteroffer, but it seems unlikely that any of them would do that so long before the deadline. For example, if one of these sites is waiting until 2/26 to make offer and I contact them on 2/10, that seems like a futile effort.

What are people planning to do in a situation like this? I suspect that even if I really love some of these other sites that I'll need to accept the earlier offer simply because I'd lose my mind if I were to turn it down and then not get a second offer.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone heard from Bay Pines VA or VA W. Los Angeles Integrative Track?

I haven’t heard back from Bay Pines yet and neither has a friend of mine.

Reactions: 1 user
Kaiser San Rafael
Invite
Phone call 1/23
Interviews first two weeks of Feb

Anyone hear from Boston Children's or Cincinnati Children's neuro tracks yet? INS is quickly approaching and I'm getting antsy!

Is anyone else kind of freaking out about the uniform response deadline? I know I shouldn't be counting my chickens before they hatch, but one of the sites I interviewed at will be making their offer in the first or second week of February, and most of my other sites are waiting until 2/26. I know that, if I do end up getting an early offer from this first site, I can always get in touch with the other sites in order to ask them for a counteroffer, but it seems unlikely that any of them would do that so long before the deadline. For example, if one of these sites is waiting until 2/26 to make offer and I contact them on 2/10, that seems like a futile effort.

What are people planning to do in a situation like this? I suspect that even if I really love some of these other sites that I'll need to accept the earlier offer simply because I'd lose my mind if I were to turn it down and then not get a second offer.

I wouldn't worry about this too much as I believe sites are aware of the reciprocal offer scenario. Also, remember that if you're their number one choice then it doesn't matter if they don't wait till 2/26 if you're asking for a reciprocal offer.

Cambridge Health Alliance
Primary Care/Behavioral Health Integration
Invitation to interview - Mass email
In person dates: 2/7, 2/12, 2/14

- Charlie Norwood VA Medical Center (CNVAMC)
- Interprofessional Care Track
- Invite
- 1/24/18
- Phonecall from training director extending an invite. No set dates for interviewing, will be scheduled individually (in-person or via phone)

Thanks for keeping up with the updates @syzergy!

updated: nevermind.

Last edited:
Anyone hear from Boston Children's or Cincinnati Children's neuro tracks yet? INS is quickly approaching and I'm getting antsy!

I didn't personally apply to these sites, but I know friends of mine received invites to Boston Children's on 1/9 and Cincinnati Children's on 1/10. I'm sorry!

Anybody hear from Western State about their forensic post doc?

Has anyone heard from the VA TN Valley interprofressional track/Alvin C. York facility??

Anyone heard from USF Caps or California Pacific Medical Center (CPMC)?

Just heard from Institute of Living/Hartford Hospital!
-Child/Adolescent Track: School based assessment and therapy
-invite
-personalized email on 1/25
-will email tomorrow with interview dates

Also heard from LIJ/Northwell Health Child/Adolescent track
-invite
-personalized email on 1/21
-interview dates: 2/5, 2/12, 2/13 (interview day will be 9am-3pm)

Also got an invite to IOL, for the schizophrenia track. No interview dates given, said they’d follow up soon.

Henry Ford (adult neuro) 1/25 mass email. Interview at INS in 2/13 and 2/14.

Has anyone heard from the IOL neuro track?

I believe today is the day we hear who we face in the main event.
Train hard people.
-Mike Tyson.

Last edited:
UNC Charlotte CAPS
Invite
Personalized e-mail on 1/26
All interviews via WebEx; Interview dates: 1/31, 2/1, 2/2, and 2/5

Jesse Brown VA
PTSD-PAIN-SUD track
Personalized email - 1/26
Invite