2018-2019 Wright State University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
sigh...will continue to wait:xf:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Recently withdrew my acceptance. Hopefully it goes to one of you guys!

Reactions: 7 users
Has anyone gotten off the waitlist yet or know of anyone who has?

Reactions: 4 users
I called the office today and they said that there has been some movement off the waitlist, but it’s been slow. However, they’re expecting it to pick up after today

Reactions: 3 users
I called the office today and they said that there has been some movement off the waitlist, but it’s been slow. However, they’re expecting it to pick up after today
Did they state whether offers were extended to wait list students?

u the real mvp for this update

Reactions: 2 users
Did they state whether offers were extended to wait list students?
I believed that was what they implied when they said that there has been a little bit of movement on the waitlist! So they've started offering a few acceptances to people on the waitlist, but not too many! They think they'll be offering more at a slightly faster rate after today.

Keep the hope alive! Let’s expect a big wave of waitlist calls within the next few days/weeks

Officially withdrew today. Hope it goes to one of you guys.

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
This school also has good WL movement compared to others, so stay hopeful!

My friend who was in middle 1/3 of waitlist was accepted 3/29. I’m top 1/3 and haven’t heard anything. Do they not go in order when pulling?

My friend who was in middle 1/3 of waitlist was accepted 3/29. I’m top 1/3 and haven’t heard anything. Do they not go in order when pulling?
whaaaaa...whaaat:/? All previous years threads have indicated they go in descending order from top>middle>and bottom third

I sent a LOI before my interview and was placed top third..so I don't think that should have made a difference

Yea from what I’ve been told a LOI doesn’t really contribute, I’m just trying to figure out how the middle 1/3 person heard before a top 1/3 applicant.

At the end of the day we will all get in, keep the faith!

I got accepted off of the waitlist earlier today! I did my bachelors and masters here so I will be taking the acceptance! I missed the phone call but they left a voicemail and sent an email. I was given 24 hours to respond. Good luck everyone!!

Reactions: 6 users
I got accepted off of the waitlist earlier today! I did my bachelors and masters here so I will be taking the acceptance! I missed the phone call but they left a voicemail and sent an email. I was given 24 hours to respond. Good luck everyone!!

congrats! but only 24 hours? damn..

Congrats that is super exciting!! around what time did you receive the call?

24 hours is short, pretty sure by rules they are required to give 5 days.

Reactions: 1 users

I knew the window would shrink as they got closer to the start of classes, I thought it was a rather quick turn around as well... The initial offer via phone/email asked for a response within 24 hours. After that, they send over the acceptance packet/contract, which I then had 5 days to sign.

they are not required to do anything by AAMC, those are suggestions only, schools are free to determine their own times as they see fit. (WSU chose a short time, but they end up taking a large portion of their class off the waitlist)

What does the 5 days mean. Like if one gets called today do they have by Wednesday? Or Tuesday at the end of the business day? Or by the end of Wednesday? Does anyone know the timing?

am i the only one having a hard time keeping faith :(

It’s not easy waiting but it’s all we can do. Just have to stay positive and believe there’ll be seats for us who badly want to attend.

What does the 5 days mean. Like if one gets called today do they have by Wednesday? Or Tuesday at the end of the business day? Or by the end of Wednesday? Does anyone know the timing?
the 5 days is not a thing, I know the people in the admissions office well. AAMC sets recommendations for time frames, which work great if you take less than 8-10 people off of the wait list. WSU does not use those time frames however, you get 24 hours to accept your position

It’s not easy waiting but it’s all we can do. Just have to stay positive and believe there’ll be seats for us who badly want to attend.

Fingers crossed this is our week!

Any idea on how many typically are in each 3rd of the waitlist?

Anyone else baffled by the lack of waitlist movement compared to last year? At this time last year they were starting to pull people from the bottom tier...

Reactions: 5 users
Anyone else baffled by the lack of waitlist movement compared to last year? At this time last year they were starting to pull people from the bottom tier...

This is the first year with the new traffic rules. It makes sense that they are being more cautious. I know they’re working on figuring it out though.

What are these new rules people keep talking about? Are committed students just not releasing their seats? Which part of the system is the bottleneck?

Just wanted to give my two cents...it must have something to do with the new rules. I’m a currently accepted student, but I’m also waiting on three waitlist decisions, none of which have said a word to anybody yet (and have also historically had waitlist movement by now). The same confused conversations are going on on those threads. Believe me, if I get off the waitlist at the other school, I would be happy to give up my spot to one of you deserving people!! Just gotta play this waiting game unfortunately :(

Last edited:
Just wanted to give my two cents...it must have something to do with the new rules. I’m a currently accepted student, but I’m also waiting on three waitlist decisions, none of which have said a word to anybody yet (and have also historically had waitlist movement by now). The same confused conversations are going on on those threads. Believe me, if I get off the waitlist at the other school, I would be happy to give up my spot to one of you deserving people!! Just gotta play this waiting game unfortunately :(

I'm kinda in the same boat. Waiting on two schools I've heard nothing from (wait list, rejection, or otherwise), but would likely give up my spot at BSOM if I get in at either school.

I think schools have been slow and careful this year with the new rules to see who will "commit" vs "plan" to attend, and then after that, see who drops off their waitlists before starting to fill from it. Wouldn't be surprised to see people pulled off waitlists up through July.

Last edited by a moderator:
What are these new rules people keep talking about? Are committed students just not releasing their seats? Which part of the system is the bottleneck?

here you go for the new traffic rules everyone is talking about

Has anyone called to ask what tier they are in at the moment?

Has anyone called to ask what tier they are in at the moment?

I think they are still in the top tier. It seems as though there hasn’t been much movement.

has anyone heard anything this week yet? :nailbiting:

Some top 1/3 people have heard because one reported that they accepted it. Then one person said their friend who was middle third got a call but who knows if that’s true or not.

July 7th is white coat ceremony. Haven’t really seen any movement yet whereas last year they had already started contacting people in the bottom tier at this point in time. I’m wondering if waitlist movement will be last minute with the new trafficking rules? Hate this so much!

Seems like it because it’s possible a lot of people who are going elsewhere haven’t formally withdrawn yet. If I get the call on July 6th I’d still be on the first flight to Dayton! Haha... hopefully sooner though.