2018-2019 Wright State University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Heard back -- got put on an alternate list. is that different from the waitlist?

Members don't see this ad.

Just received notice that I'm on the alternate list. Ugh so disappointing!

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted! Interviewed 1/16! Can’t even believe it!

Reactions: 4 users
:smuggrin:Accepted here too! Interviewed on 1/16! :)

Reactions: 3 users
Accepted! Interviewed 1/22

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone knowledgable know how long WSU will continue to extend interview invites? Im IS and love this school. Have been intently waiting since August and have not heard a thing.

Interview Invite just now!! So excited as my mother did her fellowship and residency here!!
edit: complete 9/7

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone knowledgable know how long WSU will continue to extend interview invites? Im IS and love this school. Have been intently waiting since August and have not heard a thing.

There are 7 more slots the next Tuesdays and Wednesdays until the 3/13!

Reactions: 1 user
To anyone who has interviewed: How high stress was it? A bit nervous as this is my first traditional one and VCU's MMI, the only other interview I've had was very low-stress and quick.

To anyone who has interviewed: How high stress was it? A bit nervous as this is my first traditional one and VCU's MMI, the only other interview I've had was very low-stress and quick.

Stress free actually. They stress the fact that it’s a “conversation” and not an interview all day leading up to the interviews.

Members don't see this ad :)
I would venture to say that you will likely enjoy this day!! Stress is low and I honestly felt like I just spend a few hours getting to know a prof and a student! Definitely low stress :)

Honestly it’s the best interview I’ve had. My first interviewer literally sat down and just talked about her kids, I don’t even think she thought of any questions to ask me haha. It was just like talking in a coffee shop. Very relaxed.

Does anyone know if they are receptive to phone calls from applicants?

The admissions committee meets every other Wednesday afternoon, so I would imagine that you guys would hear back on 02/21 since the ad com last met on 02/06.

They also don't give out decisions to every person from the interview group on the same day for some reason. My guess is the people that don't hear two weeks later are in limbo and need to be reviewed again. Just speculation.

II just now, Lizzy M 65. IS, complete mid July.

Does anyone have a guesstimate on when we might start seeing waitlist movement?

Just interviewed here recently. They said they get a lot of movement in April, and then May typically slows down a bit. Interviews end 3/13, not sure how full the class is at this point, either.

Just interviewed here recently. They said they get a lot of movement in April, and then May typically slows down a bit. Interviews end 3/13, not sure how full the class is at this point, either.
Last year it seems people got their rank email early april and movement started shortly after. Im assuming it will be even earlier this year when people have to reduce to 3 acceptances on april 15th instead of some people holding 10 acceptances up until the 30th.

Reactions: 1 users
Last year it seems people got their rank email early april and movement started shortly after. Im assuming it will be even earlier this year when people have to reduce to 3 acceptances on april 15th instead of some people holding 10 acceptances up until the 30th.

They don’t HAVE to reduce to 3, it’s just suggested. Not enforced.

Has anyone received an acceptance/waitlist email today? I know they had an admissions committee meeting last night and they usually send out emails the following day

Can someone comment on the interview style? I know its 2 one-on-one interviews, but do we know who is interviewing us? Is it open or closed file? Any more details/advice as to what to expect?

Can someone comment on the interview style? I know its 2 one-on-one interviews, but do we know who is interviewing us? Is it open or closed file? Any more details/advice as to what to expect?
We know once we get there. Open file. Tons of questions about your application. Really just trying to get to know you. If you have a weakness in your application, just be ready to explain it. SDN Interview page is how I prepped, highly recommend doing that. Conversational overall.

Are they still sending II’s?
I know they interview until 3/13. They sent me an II on 2/15, so unless someone drops (which is possible!) I don't think they would sent out any II. I would always call though. They seem to be really nice!

Does anyone know if the committee is supposed to meet tonight? Hoping to hear something soon.

I think they meet every other Wednesday and they met two Wednesday’s ago so they should have met today. Usually accept people in email next morning

At least that is what I have seen on this thread

I haven't either...i remember them saying potentially 3 weeks (interviewed 2 weeks ago), but I believe that the committee met last night.

I interviewed at the very beginning of February so it’s been a little over 4 weeks for me