2018-2019 Wright State University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just turned down an interview from here a few weeks ago. Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Just received an acceptance!! So excited!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using SDN mobile

Reactions: 3 users
Accepted today!! #1 choice school so I could not be happier!

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted yesterday, interviewed 11/27! Good luck to everyone else

Reactions: 1 users
I am an accepted student and I haven’t received my Boonshoft email yet and it’s been longer than 3 weeks. Does anyone have the same problem?

Accepted on 1/10. Interviewed on 12/4. OOS.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
So is this wright state professor strike and financial crisis going to effect Boonshoft at all in the coming years or is that just the undergraduate institutions?

Reactions: 1 user
So is this wright state professor strike and financial crisis going to effect Boonshoft at all in the coming years or is that just the undergraduate institutions?
At my interview we had a WSU undergrad who was interviewing too. She said the strike is almost exclusively UG and the dean said it wont effect the school at all.

Further, Dayton Daily News' take on it seemed to be that (IF the budget issue hit Boonshoft beyond budget cuts) the question wouldn't be if we would suddenly be without a school, but which school would Boonshoft be transferred to.

As long as I'm still going to the same building and getting an MD, I'm happy. :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using SDN mobile

I was told that the med school faculty was not part of the union involved in the strike and the current financial happenings do not involve Boonshoft at all... guess we will see, but I'm not worrying about it at this point.

does anyone know if wright state's "alternative list" is the same thing as their wait list? i feel like i've seen the term wait list being used a ton in previous years and am wondering if being placed on the alternative list is different. thanks!

Reactions: 1 user
Does this school reject pre-II? I was complete late July and just silence since then lol

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know if the 1/16 Interview group will be hearing back this week or in two more weeks?

Does anyone know if the 1/16 Interview group will be hearing back this week or in two more weeks?
I hope that week of interviews hears this week (!!), but I believe there were also people that interviewed on 1/8 & 1/9..? They said within three weeks, so we could possibly have to wait.

Accepted this morning!!!!!!! I interviewed 1/9. OOS (FL resident)

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Does anyone know how long Wright state will interview for?

I hope that week of interviews hears this week (!!), but I believe there were also people that interviewed on 1/8 & 1/9..? They said within three weeks, so we could possibly have to wait.
I think we’re waiting :/

I think we’re waiting :/
As much as I don't want to wait two more weeks either, the fact that people from 1/9 are hearing is pretty awesome. Amazing turn around time, go WSU Admissions!! Now let's hope we hear in two weeks :hello:

As much as I don't want to wait two more weeks either, the fact that people from 1/9 are hearing is pretty awesome. Amazing turn around time, go WSU Admissions!! Now let's hope we hear in two weeks :hello:
Honestly! WSU Admissions has consistently had the best turnaround I've seen on any of my schools!

Reactions: 2 users
Is there a facebook page for the class of 2023?

Also, I talked with prior year's students and they said that acceptance notices are sent through snail mail. Idk how much of that is true, but...for us out of state people, it could very well be 3 weeks to hear back just because of the mailing system.

However, apparently you could call to check if anything has been sent out. @lit6578

Also, I talked with prior year's students and they said that acceptance notices are sent through snail mail. Idk how much of that is true, but...for us out of state people, it could very well be 3 weeks to hear back just because of the mailing system.

However, apparently you could call to check if anything has been sent out. @lit6578

Acceptance notices are sent via email (I received mine yesterday morning). It said a packet of information will be hand mailed and I must accept the terms within 14 days.

The 'after interview' email said the ad committee meets every two weeks. I noticed several people on this thread were accepted 1/10 and I was accepted 1/24. I would imagine the next meeting is roughly around 2/6 with notices being emailed out 2/7. This is purely speculation though so who knows.

Also, in last year's thread, people were taken off the waitlist as late as June. Someone in admissions said they almost always go to the middle 1/3 of the WL. So, just hang in there and be optimistic.

Does anyone know if they're receptive to interview date rescheduling? I wanna see if I can interview on an earlier date