2018 APPIC Internship Phase II - onward and upward!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Agreed! I do get that this process happens a lot quicker than in Phase I...but I have found it super stressful that some sites want to interview me the day after I've been notified or within two days.
Yes! I am hoping that none of my remaining interviews try to schedule on the same day. I feel like I will mix up the sites if that happens.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone heard from Kings County Hospital, Jacobi Medical Center (North Bronx), or Mt. Sinai Beth Israel?

Has anyone heard from Memphis VA Medical Center, North Carolina State University, and/or Ohio State University?

Members don't see this ad :)
For the thank you e-mail, should I say I believe your program is a great fit w/ my professional/personal goals ? or just leave it w/ I am excited by the opportunities at your program. I don't want to seem pushy and everything is about wording :rolleyes:
Today I’m overthinking - how long after interview are you sending thank you

Has anyone heard from Kings County Hospital, Jacobi Medical Center (North Bronx), or Mt. Sinai Beth Israel?
I am waiting to hear from them as well!!!

Reactions: 1 users
South Texas Veterans Health Care System
Email: Rejection

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviews with:
Northern Arizona VA
Texas Valley VA
Madison VA
Nebraska-Iowa VA
UF CHP

Is anyone else waiting to hear back from sites about verified interview times? ahh, the wait is dreadful. Good luck everyone!! A little over a week until we are done with phase II interview.

Reactions: 2 users
Interviews with:
Northern Arizona VA
Texas Valley VA
Madison VA
Nebraska-Iowa VA
UF CHP

Is anyone else waiting to hear back from sites about verified interview times? ahh, the wait is dreadful. Good luck everyone!! A little over a week until we are done with phase II interview.

I'm still waiting to hear from nine sites period. Has anyone heard from the following?
Texas state
Central Tx VA
Montana state
UNC
Univ South Carolina
Florida Atlantic CAPS
High Plains PIC
Oklahoma Health Consortium

I'm still waiting to hear from nine sites period. Has anyone heard from the following?
Texas state
Central Tx VA
Montana state
UNC
Univ South Carolina
Florida Atlantic CAPS
High Plains PIC
I'm still waiting on Texas State San Marcos as well (if that's the site you're talking about)

Anyone else looking forward to the weekend to engage in much needed self-care? Interviewing and waiting to hear back from sites is mentally exhausting, maybe even more so than phase I because of the pressure match the second time. I feel like I will need a month-long vacation after these next 2 weeks lol.
So you know, this question has got me thinking all day long and I wondered if I am the only one who's gonna relieve stress by playing catch up on all the work that was gonna get done before finding out the phase 2 news? Getting my dissertation on!! Wahoo (ish)! One of my cohort members went to internship last year and defended her dissertation today (successfully)! There's light at the end of the tunnel :)

I'm still waiting on Texas State San Marcos as well (if that's the site you're talking about)

So you know, this question has got me thinking all day long and I wondered if I am the only one who's gonna relieve stress by playing catch up on all the work that was gonna get done before finding out the phase 2 news? Getting my dissertation on!! Wahoo (ish)! One of my cohort members went to internship last year and defended her dissertation today (successfully)! There's light at the end of the tunnel :)

Yup that's the site. And yes to the catching up on work. However, part of my dissertation is on the importance of self care. So I am trying to find little ways to enact that value. 5 -10 video game breaks for 45 minutes of work will be my plan this weekend, plus a Saturday night movie with my bomb AF wife who has grounded me through all of this.

Reactions: 3 users
Texas state
Central Tx VA
Montana state
UNC
Univ South Carolina
Florida Atlantic CAPS
High Plains PIC

Ive heard from Texas state and Florida Atlantic but I’m waiting to hear from South Carolina and Montana as well. FAU was just yesterday so maybe you will hear from them today? (Fingers crossed!)

I knew there was still hope!

Mt Sinai Beth Israel Hospital - 3/9, individualized email

Reactions: 8 users
Milwaukee VA personalized email 3/9 for phone interview 3/14 :soexcited:

Reactions: 8 users
Milwaukee VA - 3/9
email: personalized
for phone interview 3/13

Reactions: 4 users
Congrats!!!! I am waiting to hear from them as well.

Thank you! It was definitely an email just to me, about an hour ago. Good luck!!

Also I’ve been bad at updating what I’ve heard from friends because I’m trying not to pry too much...but I know for sure that they have heard from:
San Diego VA/UCSD - 3/6 or 7? (Bx med)
Kennedy Krieger 3/8

I don’t know if I saw those posted here yet. Also, anyone else apply to WNY VA?

HURRAY for all the Milwaukee invites!! Invitation week is drawing to an end! GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!!

Reactions: 5 users
How do you go about rescheduling an interview with a site due to double booking during the same time period?

Random question: For video/Skype interviews, are y’all dressing up for it like we did for Phase I interviews?
I was very professional from the waist up, then wore jeans with heels. I figured the heels would make it feel professional!

Interviews with:
Northern Arizona VA
Texas Valley VA
Madison VA
Nebraska-Iowa VA
UF CHP

If you have questions about Northern Arizona (the site, area, etc), feel free to reach out to me. I interviewed there on-site in Phase I.

Rogers Memorial Hospital (3/9) - personalized email, was offered Skype interview times on Thurs 03/15.

University of New Mexico Health Sciences Center neurodevelopmental track 3/8 personalized e-mail invitation to interview.

Congrats! I interviewed here during Phase I for this track and they had some really awesome and unique training opportunities. Good luck and feel free to message if you want any more details!

Mount Sinai Beth Israel Hospital - 3/9
received call for phone interview later today.

Reactions: 5 users
Kennedy Krieger- 3/9 Rejection via email

:arghh:

Last edited:
Does anyone know anybody who got an interview for Duke this round? I haven't seen anything about it on here, but I know we're a small subsection of everyone who applied in Phase II.

Does anyone know anybody who got an interview for Duke this round? I haven't seen anything about it on here, but I know we're a small subsection of everyone who applied in Phase II.
I'm waiting to hear back from them as well!

Just got an email interview invite from Duke! Seemed like a mass email. Asked to send availabilities for next week for a phone interview.

Reactions: 6 users
Just got an email interview invite from Duke! Seemed like a mass email. Asked to send availabilities for next week for a phone interview.

Ahhh congratulations!!! Man, they really waited till the last minute on that one!

Still waiting on Memphis VA, NC State, and Ohio State University...any word?

John D. Dingell VA Medical Center (Detroit VA) 3/9 interview offer to schedule for next week :banana:

Reactions: 6 users
Has anyone heard from Jacobi, Jesse Brown VA Medical Center, Kings County Hospital and VA Western New York Health Care System?

Has anyone heard from Jacobi, Jesse Brown VA Medical Center, Kings County Hospital and VA Western New York Health Care System?

No but I interviewed at VA Western NY phase I so let me know if you get interview and have Qs!

Rejection:
-University of Northern Colorado Counseling Center Internship Program 3/7
-Minneapolis VA Health Care System 3/8

Interview Invitation: Via Phone-Mass email
-Southern Arizona Psychology Internship Center (SAPIC) 3/8